Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Saoirse

line spacing on the forums

Does anybody think that the line spacing is a little bit messed up on these forums? I mean, it's fine unless you try to create a new paragraph...

I put five spaces between this line and the line above, but you totally can't see it...

Or is it just my browser?

It's to prevent annoyingly long spam messages where someone thinks they're witty by putting one line of text, an ellipsis, and then something to contradict said first line in a hilarious-if-we-were-still-in-1997-way.

Edit: Apparently I was half-asleep making this message, because "witting" is not a good replacement for "witty."

I hate those messages. But I don't think many people actually do that any more. If they did, I would instantly write something cutting to them in ALL CAPS so they felt stoopid and belittled.

It also stops us from having clear paragraphs and that makes me sad :(

Even a two-line space isn't very large... you know?

:(

It's to prevent annoyingly long spam messages where someone thinks they're witting by putting one line of text, an ellipsis, and then something to contradict said first line in a hilarious-if-we-were-still-in-1997-way.

I can dig it

Its a common feature of a lot of message boards these days. Same with trying to put lots of spaces in one single line, often it'll simply cut it down to one space.

But then I still remember the days of EzBoards when people randomly spammed boards with just such a method, so I'm not too bothered.

It's to prevent annoyingly long spam messages where someone thinks they're witting by putting one line of text, an ellipsis, and then something to contradict said first line in a hilarious-if-we-were-still-in-1997-way.

That's a good idea, actually.

What

are

you guys talkin'

about here?

There are ways around it, and yes I like that spacing is restricted to one line for the aforementioned reasons. Posting like I did above, isn't cool but I wouldn't mind a double space now and again either.

I don't have a problem with it. I think it's fine.

I don't notice anything annoying, paragraphs seem to be two lines apart. Using Firefox.

Why the hell would you want huge line breaks? That just invites spam, spam and more spam.

Sign in to follow this