Sign in to follow this  
Sean Lane

Game Ending Bug with Nick, Year 2?

I'm playing this game again just because I finally received the physical release in the mail from iam8bit, so I figure why not, it's one of my favorite games.

Last time I played I seemed to have run into the same bug as I did now, except I'm not absolutely sure if it is a bug. I wasn't sure what I did last time so I reloaded a save from Year 1. But now I can consistently reproduce it. Also not sure if this is in the original release at all. I can't seem to find anyone who has mentioned this except one guy on Reddit that had no response to solve it.

So this is what happens: When you talk to Nick in the high rollers lounge when you have to get him to leave his cigarette case by flattering him and saying you want the best lawyer, then talking to him again and finally bringing up telling Max and him and Olivia. That's what's supposed to happen. However if you do what I do sometimes and try to hear all the lines of dialogue possible before saying the right thing in the conversation, it seems like you can't finish the game if you offend Nick in the midst of flattering him AND run out of things to say you need a lawyer for. So let's say you exhausted all three options in the conversation on why you need a lawyer (not the dunking booth one), and then say something like any mouthpiece will do or make the lawyer joke last.

After that the next time you talk to Nick and tell him you need a lawyer, he will tell you people only need lawyers for status, which seems to be the only way to hear this dialogue. However what happens after that bit of dialogue is it completely exits the conversation and zooms out to the wide shot of the tables with Manny standing there and you have control of the character again. If you keep trying no matter what you can't seem to get to the dialogue options where you can threaten Nick by telling Max about Olivia. Just the same status speech over and over.

Is there a bug where it's not supposed to exit the conversation there and you get the same options to flatter Nick? Are you supposed to do something else and come back if you blow the conversation? Is there something you have to use if you end up doing this in the course of the conversation? No walkthrough seems to mention everything else but I get the feeling not many try to say all of the wrong things on a very obvious choice. Was this always like this in the original?

I guess these forums are a ghost town but if anyone who is more knowledgeable about the game than me sees this, I'd be pretty curious to know.