Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Leroy Octopus

Tim's going on Jimmy Fallon!

Jimmy Fallon isn't funny. He has good elements working for him, but his humor's boring and his delivery's horrible. He can't handle himself well in interviews, either. I remember seeing the Mighty Boosh on his show and he spent the interview gushing over them, not giving them much of a chance to do anything. He cut off Tim at several points in his interview and seemed nervous as hell. I can't say that I wouldn't be nervous around Tim 'Freaking' Schafer, but you expect a level of professionalism from, well, a professional.
I disagree about Fallon not being funny. You can't tell me I don't laugh watching his show, because I do. I do agree that he needs to act more professional in the interviews. Conan and Letterman aren't the best interviews in the world (Craig Ferguson is awesome though), but they're not so nervous. I think we can all agree though, that whether you find Fallon funny or not, The Roots are the greatest houseband ever.

Sunshine, don't bring Leno into this. You don't want to get me started on him.

They're one of the elements working for him.

His humor, though, just seems to work the range of jokes that have already been done to death. That or he relies on effects, while still haunted by his poor delivery.

This was great. Although I was afraid he'd been booted or something when he didn't come out after Drew Barrymore (as scheduled?). Segment after segment and no Tim. Sure enough they squeezed him in, though, and (sure enough) he was the highlight, despite the brevity. Rodrigo y Gabriela are pretty amazing too, though.

And I agree that Fallon isn't that great. It might not be entirely his fault; the whole show seems pretty forced. Yeah, all late-night talk shows follow the same formula, but even when the writing isn't so hot, a good host can save the bit with his charm (ex: Conan O'Brien, IMO).

Jimmy Fallon isn't funny. He has good elements working for him, but his humor's boring and his delivery's horrible. He can't handle himself well in interviews, either. I remember seeing the Mighty Boosh on his show and he spent the interview gushing over them, not giving them much of a chance to do anything. He cut off Tim at several points in his interview and seemed nervous as hell. I can't say that I wouldn't be nervous around Tim 'Freaking' Schafer, but you expect a level of professionalism from, well, a professional.

exactly, he is no leno...fallon basically asked "so, this is a game isnt it?" and other stupid questions like "so you use an axe eh?"...a 3 minute interview, not worth sitting thru drew berrymore for 25 mins...scarecrow and other drew berrymore fans calm down, but she is annoying, and she wore the whole, see thru bra under the jacket look because no one would pay attention unless she did that

Whatever, like you wouldn't lap it up if a woman you liked wore that kind of outfit. She just strikes me as the kind of person I'd want to hang out with.

Well, ever since she pulled her head out of her delightful derriere and realized she deserves better than Tom Green. But she does tend to live up (or down) to the Barrymore name in the mindless indulgence category. Girl's a chip off the old Grandpa. Or was. Maybe she's straightened out. I still think those Playboy pics were some of the best they'd ever done. Some girls just have "it."

Sign in to follow this