Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dinnerordie17

LEFT 4 DEAD 2 is Banned in Australia (warning I rage)

GAH!!

Australia Does not have an R rating for games (this is because our goverment is a Conservative, Video game hating beast that still has the dated veiw that games are for children) Not having an R rating basically means this : If any game is show to our classification department that is violent enough to be given an R rating (18+) then it is Refused Classification and not sold here. Like I said this is because our goverment is run by a bunch of expression controlling conservative idiots that are living in the past and see games as being for children.

ITS ALL MICHAEL ATKINSONS FAULT!!!

HE IS RESPOSIBLE FOR THERE NOT BEING A R RATING FOR GAMES HERE AND NOW HE IS RESPOSIBLE FOR LEFT 4 DEAD 2 BEING IN BANNED!!!! THE GIGANTIC with his I'd like to take a and with it and then I'd with a BLENDER!!! HAHAHAHAHA

So yeah basically living in Australia is the worst crap in the world if you were born in the last 20 years, Internet being destroyed by Fuhrer Conroy, games being Destoryed by the OFLC and Michael Craptiknson, I HATE LIVING IN AUSTRALIA!!! I WANT TO LIVE IN AMERICA SO I CAN ENJOY AN UNCENSORED SOCIETY AND GO TO THE PAX WITH ALL YOU AWESOME PEOPLE!!!!

There is my rant... Now help me think of ways to get Left 4 Dead 2 when it comes out

Wow. That's quite a lot of bad luck you have over/down there. I really can't see how they can justify banning a game where you shoot zombies. Are the Australian government pro-zombie? Do they secretly support the living dead? Is the sydney opera house just a huge genetics factory where secret goverment funded research goes on to create a race of the living dead to unleash upon the anyone who has ever wronged them, laughed at them for being too simple or cooking lots of food outdoors, or just sniggered at them behind their backs? Being British, and therefore somewhere near the top of such a theoretical list (*cough* penal colony *cough*), I hope not.

As to how we can defy this injust government and it's living-dead slaves (I really am pushing this theory :)), well, how about some kind of plane/parachute drop in, somewhere nice and remote where the game can change hands and the drop-off team can stealth back to their home base. Or maybe a submarine rendevous near the Great Barrier Reef? Maybe some sort of radical use of the portal gun? This may need some careful thought.

but what will the zero punctuation guy do?

Yeah. That may well be spectacular.

Come and live in Washington, Dinner.

(it really doesn't rain all the time here, contrary to what you may have heard)

Or, if you want to be bored out of your brains, you can come to Ohio. If you DON'T want to be bored out of your brains, come to Cincinnati, OH. It's actually pretty nice here.

Georgia is pretty cool if you can get passed the racial strife that won't ever go away.

Ouch.

GAH!!

Australia Does not have an R rating for games (this is because our goverment is a Conservative, Video game hating beast that still has the dated veiw that games are for children) Not having an R rating basically means this : If any game is show to our classification department that is violent enough to be given an R rating (18+) then it is Refused Classification and not sold here. Like I said this is because our goverment is run by a bunch of expression controlling conservative idiots that are living in the past and see games as being for children.

ITS ALL MICHAEL ATKINSONS FAULT!!!

HE IS RESPOSIBLE FOR THERE NOT BEING A R RATING FOR GAMES HERE AND NOW HE IS RESPOSIBLE FOR LEFT 4 DEAD 2 BEING IN BANNED!!!! THE GIGANTIC with his I'd like to take a and with it and then I'd with a BLENDER!!! HAHAHAHAHA

So yeah basically living in Australia is the worst crap in the world if you were born in the last 20 years, Internet being destroyed by Fuhrer Conroy, games being Destoryed by the OFLC and Michael Craptiknson, I HATE LIVING IN AUSTRALIA!!! I WANT TO LIVE IN AMERICA SO I CAN ENJOY AN UNCENSORED SOCIETY AND GO TO THE PAX WITH ALL YOU AWESOME PEOPLE!!!!

There is my rant... Now help me think of ways to get Left 4 Dead 2 when it comes out

GOOD! maybe valve will do something with the first left 4 dead now!

GOOD! maybe valve will do something with the first left 4 dead now!
Oh God! You're not one of those protesters are you? “Let's boycott an awesome looking game, because we feel entitled to free content!”

I felt like not actually buying L4D 2 when I first heard about it purely because all it said to me was : REHASH! REHSAH! CASHGRAB!!!

But it is actually looking prettty frekin awesome

Okay, I know you guys ban alot of M rated games, but I'm not up to date on what has gotten to boot out of Awstrall-e-ah.Was l4d 1 banned? If not, they have no reason to ban 2. it's the same thing but with melee combat. (I'd totaly google it, but I'm multitasking on an animation right now, lol)

(I have ideas on how you could bypass this and play, but I'm not sure if it would count as breaking the rules. I shouldn't risk it)

risk it here, that is

Left 4 Dead 1 wasn't banned

Last year Fear 2 was almost banned

So far this year only games that nobody really cared about have been banned (crap like Strip Poker 8) Left 4 Dead 2 is the first game to be banned this year that will probably cause an uproar

Yeah if you want to get at it "illegally" you'll need to try somewhere else. But good luck getting a hold of a copy. I still say there should be a revolt, gather all the gamers in AUS together and storm the... the... where ever it is that these people make their dumbass decisions. Of course you make sure its legal, so like, get a permit.

Yes, yes it does. Go to Kansas, and I'll meet you there when I'm fortunate enough to move away from Texas.

Kansas is superior to every state in existence.

Thus saith one who knows the truth.

Depends on the part of Kansas. :P I think we can agree that the Westboro Baptist Church part doesn't count. What part are you from?

North East.

I was born in Topeka, and we lived there -or close by- for a few years. Later on, we lived in the Kansas City area.

Now I'm hoping to move to Topeka from evil Texas. I mean like, Sephiroth evil.

North East.

I was born in Topeka, and we lived there -or close by- for a few years. Later on, we lived in the Kansas City area.

Now I'm hoping to move to Topeka from evil Texas. I mean like, Sephiroth evil.

Aww, Texas can't be all that bad. I'm sure there are good parts. Somewhere.

There are parts of the Dallas area that are okay, but nothing that compares to Kansas.

The only thing about Texas that can compare to the greatness of Kansas is it's own not-greatness

I want to move to America soooo bad

I can live in a country that isn't run by a system that is Biased to video games

and enjoy not having my Internet ruined

And I can go to the PAX and Comic Cons with all you people!

I noticed, the Australian video game rating thingy is

Office of Film and Literature Classification

THERE's your problem, not a flipping word about video games!!

Sign in to follow this