• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
SHODANFreeman

Demo Code Not Working?

I received my demo code from Gamestop via email (I preordered the PS3 version) and entering the code they gave me in results in a "The code you entered may not be correct or may no longer be valid. Please check your entries" message.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

ok now i see it! :P so what do we do?

Looks like they're saying if your code doesn't work by 11PM PST, you're probably screwed until the official demo release.

actually from what i've been told. the codes are region locked to usa. so i can't use them here in europe...are you too located in europe?

actually from what i've been told. the codes are region locked to usa. so i can't use them here in europe...are you too located in europe?

No.

Im in Canada and I went to an eb games (our gamestop) and got the code by hand. Its official and everything. If they are region locked to the states only it would be really weird for the stores to get shipments of the cards with the codes. But then again, you never know with gamestop.

It expired on the 13th or something, which is really fucking stupid for a demo that doesn't come out 'till the 17th. I went through all trouble to get the voucher, only to have it not work.

I wonder what the chances of getting a mod or someone to give us some info about this situation?

Correction, it supposedly is crapping out and you might not receive a chance if you try the day it goes live, on the 17th at 11 PM PST. Which is really weird because I live on the East Coast.

I wonder what the chances of getting a mod or someone to give us some info about this situation?
Klint's the only mod around anymore, but he's busy with Brütal Legend a lot. Try e-mailing him.

GodzillaX8 well since the codes i have are for usa, i would gladly give to you at least one so you can try to download it. let me know if you want, so i can pm you the code.

I'm in Australia. I pre-ordered Brutal Legend about a month ago. I go to EB Games on Tuesday, and ask "What do you know about the brutal legend demo?". Guy behind the counter gives me a blank look, says "Uh, I don't think we know anything about it". He opens up IE (HA!) and has a squiz at the promotions page on EB, and says "Nope, but if you pre-order, you get an in game guitar". I frown. "Ok then" I say. The thing is, why (on the brutal legend website) does it say that EB Games get the demo codes for pre-ordering (in Australia) when they don't a clue about the codes?.....

I wish it were Rocktober...

Tried my code this morning and it's not working, seems it's only working for people in the USA, I'm in Canada....this kind of sucks.

GodzillaX8 well since the codes i have are for usa, i would gladly give to you at least one so you can try to download it. let me know if you want, so i can pm you the code.

That'd be awesome :)

My code is still not working.