Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tim Schafer

The Official Brütal Standee Photo Collection Thread!

Consider my fist disapprovingly shaken at my local Gamestop! I'll forgive them, though, for being the store that holds my preorder on the legendary Brütal Legend brutality. I will find a Brütal standee some day, though...

Tim Schafer...on the DFAF!

Nice avatar. :)

I see him logged in a lot, but he's probably too busy to post. I always assume he's fighting ninjas with his free hand while surfing the internets. Makes it kinda hard to type.

My camera's broke. I so want to participate though. :down:

Is this Good Enough???

eir0r4.png

I approve of this photoshop, and bow to your mad photoshop skillzz. I put two z's, because your skill is so great.

MUST GO TO GAMESTOP NOW

On a side note, I was at my local Gamestop a few days ago to buy Scribblenauts and it's layed out in exactly that configuration, which the BRUTAL CARDBOARD DISPLAY THINGY right next to the front door and the DS games right behind it and an Xbox 360 display thingy right next to that. Not that unusual, I suppose, but still pretty cool.

GUYS YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE THIS!!!

I went and got my photo taken with the cutout again and Guess Who I ran Into????

I ran into Leroy Roctopus himself!!!

Him and I quickly became the best of chums and despite having 8 octopus arms, not one of them was being used to strangle me!

n37qko.png

I said:

"LEROY!! LET US SEEK OUT MORE CUTOUTS!!!"

"But Thomas! I must revise for an extrememly important maths outcome!"

"Ah yes, and I'm going to be busy anyway for the holidays!"

"Well Thomas, we must bid each other farewell but the next time you are walking down the beach and you see an octopus, check it closely, cos it might not just be an octopus... IT COULD BE A ROCTOPUS!!!! AND THAT ROCTOPUS'S NAME MIGHT BE LEROY!!!"

*sigh* and you know what.... it just might be...

Yeah i see he didn't post the TWO pictures he took. just the one. this is the one where i was calling everybody else over to come and see the awesome standee.

ill post one as soon as i find one. er.....i mean another. *cough*

brütal standee small copy.jpg

578d000e71f86_brtalstandeesmallcopy.jpg.

i totally agree. i will post a real one when i see one :) nothing wrong with a little levity is there?

I work at a GameStop in Ohio and when my store was finished with the standee they let me take it home! My place is now 100% more metal thanks to Eddie.

Though, I might be willing to part with it for some Tim Schafer signed swag... (hint, hint.) :]

Apologizes for the terrible picture!

30791571-2228797ae6e4f8b84f3bf513f9a53f91.4ab52870-scaled.jpg

30791571-2228797ae6e4f8b84f3bf513f9a53f9

I work at a GameStop in Ohio and when my store was finished with the standee they let me take it home! My place is now 100% more metal thanks to Eddie.

Though, I might be willing to part with it for some Tim Schafer signed swag... (hint, hint.) :]

A most excellent first post! You will do well to remain here as a stunning example for the unwashed masses that usually inhabit this dump. {I was going to say den of iniquity but I don't want too many of them to get paper cuts as they hastily scramble for the dictionary.}

I have a Tim-signed box of Psychonauts, personalized too! But I'm afraid an unsigned display board just wouldn't equal it. Sorry.

A most excellent first post! You will do well to remain here as a stunning example for the unwashed masses that usually inhabit this dump. {I was going to say den of iniquity but I don't want too many of them to get paper cuts as they hastily scramble for the dictionary.}

*consults dictionary*

Aw, I love you too! :D

But where are we gonna get enough mayonaise for THAT? Come on, be reasonable :)

How could they be "finished" with the stand if the game isn't out yet? :-/

A lot of times, marketing would send our store multiple standees and we'd have to pick and choose which ones to keep on the floor. I guess they choose something other than Brutal Legend at that store.

Oh shoot, I need to head to my gamestop, they have this HUGE BOX of BL, not just a standee.

You hear that, Mr. Schafer? I've got a huge fucking box.

How could they be "finished" with the stand if the game isn't out yet? :-/

A lot of times, marketing would send our store multiple standees and we'd have to pick and choose which ones to keep on the floor. I guess they choose something other than Brutal Legend at that store.

Yep. Our manager replaced it with a Wii Sports Resort stand. :/

Sign in to follow this