Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hughesta

Funny Things That You Noticed In The Demo

The Main Menu Music has gone for over an hour without repeating a single song.

Eddie's Cigarrette flies out of his mouth when he get's roared at by the worm.

You can go and inspect the Ruin Raiser before looking at the door. Eddie'll say; "Oh, hey check this out!"

You can kill the druids who barricade Eddie with his guitar.

You can fall off of the cliff after you build The Duece.

If you die, the HUD will say "BRUTAL DEFEAT" and you can hear Jack Black laughing at you.

Getting hit by the worm on foot is a one hit kill.

you know i tried letting the druids stab the deuce to death but they only managed to light it on fire... i actually have not succesfully died yet... but from what you say dying seems like a whole different experience unto it self

The Main Menu Music has gone for over an hour without repeating a single song.

Woah. That's some serious soundtrackage in a demo.

It really is awesome! I prefer to just leave the start menu running on my TV while I work on my computer. Never before was my work so awesome and metal!

On the PS3, the hover music is a series of quotes from Eddie asking you to start a Mosh Pit. The last one before the audio loops is that starting one would be a stupid idea anyway.

The audio of Eddie praying to "Evil God" is tied to your progress down the mountain, and doesn't just play continuously. This preserves the joke at the end where he gets kicked off the transport while saying "evil, I meant evil".

After Eddie wakes up in the Brutal World and one of the demons confirms that Eddie is not their master. Eddie has a significant amount of audio trying to talk the demons out of killing him including something along the lines of "The Master sent me to check up on you guys. Keep up the good work."

In the opening cut scene, there are people clapping while giving the horns.

I've also noticed that in the intro Ormagoden's hands are always locked in the horns sign, even when he picks Eddie up.

my friend actually noticed this before I did, but Ormagoden actually has six legs. I NEVER NOTICED THAT AND I FEEL BAD FOR NOT SEEING IT

my friend actually noticed this before I did, but Ormagoden actually has six legs. I NEVER NOTICED THAT AND I FEEL BAD FOR NOT SEEING IT

SAY WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

Really?

Not sure about this (I saw it at the very last second), but the Kabbage Boy vocalist throws up the horns wrong.

Not sure about this (I saw it at the very last second), but the Kabbage Boy vocalist throws up the horns wrong.

Yes, I believe he does not throw out the thumb

Just re-started the demo. Nice touch with having different people doing the Double FIIIIIIINE :) And having different music on the main menu.

Other stuff I just noticed:

- The DJ is wearing multiple caps, and the drummer has hearts on his t-shirt. Actually, the whole band is wearing something very non-Metal. A really nice touch was a throwback to the "nu metal beard", aka the Fred Durst look.

- The fire beast's hand is throwing up the horns. (Noticed this ages ago, actually.)

- The lead singer's device/game console spells out OMG at one point.

- As Eddie runs out, the wall behind him is sprayed with the word "stay".

There's loads of stuff in here!

Haha yes! That's a brilliant touch. What I especially love is how it's also the stereotypical rap signature move as well, which (for me) was a jab at nu metal.

But then again, I think it works either way. Because in front of Mt. Rockmore, there is a statue that does not have the thumb out, and I believe Ormogodden is lacking a 5th digit. But, Eddie's charge command does use the thumb I think. I'm not sure which IS the right one, maybe they both are

No, throwing out your thumb is wrong. The horns with the thumb extended is sign language for "I love you" which isn't really metal.

Also, the vocalist dude does throw the thumb out, meaning he is doing it wrong ( detail that I've enjoyed on each playthrough :))

No, throwing out your thumb is wrong. The horns with the thumb extended is sign language for "I love you" which isn't really metal.

That is totally correct, however so little people know about "I love you" sign by now, that both variations are used almost exclusively as the metal signs.

Dio explains the horns sign

Also, the vocalist dude does throw the thumb out, meaning he is doing it wrong ( detail that I've enjoyed on each playthrough :))

Its also how Spiderman shoots webbing. Is Spiderman metal?

There's a Veruca Salt song about Spiderman. Veruca Salt's good and I love the song, but they're alternative/pop rock, which is a bit far from metal.

There's a Veruca Salt song about Spiderman. Veruca Salt's good and I love the song, but they're alternative/pop rock, which is a bit far from metal.

Yeah, it's kind of like the difference between Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Apocalypse Now.

Lewis Carrol is totally metal!

Yeah, I know, it's just Wonderland is just a little more pastel.

Some other things I forgot to mention:

- The drummer throws up the cross when Ormagodden is about to punch him. Realising that the cross isn't working, he switches the sticks around.

- If Eddie kills a...dude who's talking, Eddie will say "That's enough out of you".

- Getting hit with the large snake monster's breath will cause Eddie to say different things at different times.

Well, I have played the demo. When the beast broke through the stage, and I'd seen it before, but postcard sized in the browser, so seeing it all 27-inchy on the TV, with the controller in my greasy mitts, I just felt the goosebumps crawl up my arms and down my back all the way to me nethers. Every single frickin' thing about this game is good, except maybe the Druid Plow steers like a goat, but that's fine, it's all fine, it's DoubleFine. I'll play it again later. Yeah, yeah, I know some of you are on your twentieth go. It's so 'way different from Psychonauts but that same DF goodness is there. Need practice with the buttons. But this is good. This is just all good. Wish I could find that damned L3 button.

What was funny is the really hard stuff is all kind of on autopilot. I thought you'd have to build the car piece by piece but you only need to play one solo (and oh crap I thought when I saw that, I gotta play grittar heero on a game pad? gimme a break) and it basically gets put together. What's the fun in that? I wanted to roll over the Snap-On twenty drawer cabinet and start buildin'! No such luck. And the French kissing. When does it ever get to the Frenching? Or do we have to play the whole game for that? Wait and see. Wait and see.

The worm was a bit boring after a while. I was going 'round and 'round and 'round and I'm waiting and waiting and when the flip does the tongue get stuck in the concrete? Do I have to get it in a certain place? What's the deal? That took long enough. Never mind trying to get the counterweights to drop. Sheesh.

if you hit the gates too slow the first time, they will not open, and you have to restart the demo

if you get stomped on by the cage&legs; guys you die...

the druids don't seem to kill you.

if you mess around on the prayer stool thingy and walk up and down, the prayer is getting messed up, as they try to play two strings of monologue at the same time, and so the continuty of the prayer gets broken. (like A1 -B1 - A2 - B2)

DECAPITATION!

pressing square is what you use to attack in assassins creed, and the change is difficult to addapt to. i constantly realize that the last 16 buton presses was guitar attacks, not axe swings...

it's scary that there are such a large amount of bugs & annoying moments to find in 2 playthroughs. i thought this demo part was done ages ago, bugs should be sorted out at this time. i'm scared...

These are wet bugs. Meaning wetware. Meaning the meat sack holding the controller. I keep hitting the wrong buttons, too. That's why I am going to have to practice the demo to death before the 14th.

That combo attack is pretty neat. Took out a nun in one shot.

Wish I could find that damned L3 button.
The name of the L3 and R3 buttons are misleading. Just click one of the analog sticks down like a button. Left stick = L3. Right stick = R3.

Awesome new avvy btw.

it's scary that there are such a large amount of bugs & annoying moments to find in 2 playthroughs. i thought this demo part was done ages ago, bugs should be sorted out at this time. i'm scared...
Well, if they finished the demo already, why would they go back to fix the bugs in it, when they could be fixing the bugs in the final game? A lot of demos have a disclaimer before them stating that the quality of the demo doesn't represent the quality of the final product. I'm wondering why a lot of people don't seem to get that. Sorry for the double post, but I had some things to say. ;)

I've just noticed, that in the room where you go after you've come down from the mountain of skulls there are several prehistoric fossils on the right side of the room. One of them looks like a cross-bred of a dinosaur skull and hotrod engine! I wonder if you can fight one of these in game?

Even though this is just a demo, the level of detail in the world continues to amaze me.

The snake with the engine block on his face? That'd be cool. I think one of them was a fossil of a rasorfire boar

Wish I could find that damned L3 button.
The name of the L3 and R3 buttons are misleading. Just click one of the analog sticks down like a button. Left stick = L3. Right stick = R3.

Awesome new avvy btw.

Thanks. You won't believe how many times I had to change it to get it to fit. Hey, Klint! How about increasing the maximum size for avatars a little? You're strangling our creativity here.

I tried hitting the joybutton but I didn't notice any response.

I tried hitting the joybutton button but I didn't notice any response.

Just push the left thumbstick (the one, that controls walking) down. Not down towards yourself, but press the thumb on top of it, while it is in the center position until it clicks. You can practice while you drive down the slope.

Aaaand no, I don't think that you're an idiot. :cheese:

I'm just careful to the point of paranoia about such things.

Sign in to follow this