Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hughesta

Glitches You've Found In The Demo

The Deuce got stuck on the wall in the boss battle and it just kept looping around the arena

Sometimes the nun things just sorta float over the car when you hit them. Also, when Eddie has no weapon and is walking slowly, he moves faster than his feet.

Also, when you ramp into the arena, you hit something right after you ramp, as if there's an invisible road. That might be there to make the fall idiot proof, though. Somebody would end up falling into something they shouldn't fall into, or something like that.

Once, during the driving segment, I somehow got knocked onto the left rail of the course and the Deuce went straight through the pillars along it.

i dont think its exactly a glitch but i flipped the deuce once so that it could not move any more... i got out and back in and it sort of "magically" flipped itself back over...

Don't know if this is much of a glitch, it seemed strange in places.

I flipped during the Deuce section and Eddie fell out of the car, so I thought I'd just run down the track on foot and kill all the druids. The legs don't attempt to attack you on foot or do any damage from what I could see. I just hacked at them until they fell over for a laugh. Also when you go over the jump you're automatically back in the Deuce. Not a huge glitch because you can decide to avoid it, but that happened to me anyway.

if you hit the gates too slow the first time, they will not open, and you have to restart the demo

the druids don't seem to kill you.

if you mess around on the prayer stool thingy and walk up and down, the prayer is getting messed up, as they try to play two strings of monologue at the same time, and so the continuty of the prayer gets broken. (like A1 -B1 - A2 - B2)

it's scary that there are such a large amount of bugs to find in 2 playthroughs. i thought this demo part was done ages ago, bugs should be sorted out at this time. i'm scared...

I've Not run into any of these glitches in the demo but maybe that's cause i wasn't looking for them

and i think you can find glitches in it

because it's a demo not the full product there's bound to be some glitches in there

which will probably be tweaked and fixed in the full version

When I played, random things kept dissapearing. Like bone piles, or those column thingies in the worm fight. Also, on one of the jumps you can hit an invisible road instead of hitting the ground.

it's scary that there are such a large amount of bugs to find in 2 playthroughs. i thought this demo part was done ages ago, bugs should be sorted out at this time. i'm scared...

Its not too worrisome. Lots of full games get released with bugs caused by "psychotic user behavior" (technical term, really). Even a super polished game like Uncharted 2 was noted as playing exceptionally poorly when you want to do things that the game doesn't want you to do. This demo has much more polish as any other I have played recently.

Haha, I hope we don't find any Double Fine haven't noticed yet and freak them out.

Apart from a couple already mentioned:

- When riding the car, at one point I did something - I forget what - and suddenly all the dudes (?) and nuns I'd all ready passed had disappeared. I even went back to check, and yep, they'd gone.

- Turn the subtitles on immediately after the game starts and the camera shakes a little, plus the actual subtitles are way off during the first 10 seconds (rough time): Anything Eddie or the dudes says flashes up for a moment and then disappears, and is replaced by "(Inaudible, creepy chanting)" (or something like that). They fixed themselves after I decided to go off the top platform the game starts out on.

- If you try to get Ophelia to double team you after killing the last nun before assembling the Deuce (Deuce? Was it Deuce?) Plow, she'll jump on you, and then disappear a few feet ahead and run the rest of the way towards the door.

This is on the 360.

When you are fighting the Druids before you fight the lampray. Press Y and the guitar solo button RT at the same time and Eddie will float for a little while.

Sign in to follow this