Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
i_eat_kiwi_birds

what would you like to see tim do on late night with jimmy fallon

wow how did u guys get from Tim on late night with jimmy fallon all the way to time traveling to the stoneage?

the villagers of the DFAF are strange indeed lol

It's all Chinese whispers.

I'd like to see Tim drop trou and reveal...boxers with Ophelia's picture all over them.

wow how did u guys get from Tim on late night with jimmy fallon all the way to time traveling to the stoneage?

the villagers of the DFAF are strange indeed lol

You know you wouldn't have it any other way. :)

I want to see Tim actually make me laugh while watching Jimmy Fallon.

Or at least not make a face of disgust.

The thing about taking a gig like The Tonight Show is, you basically have to put the rest of your career on hold, if you have any other aspirations. Aside from the occasional cameo bit, your life becomes The Tonight Show. Although, toward the end of his career, Jonny Carson spent an enormous part of the year on vacation, which I remember my dad complaining about bitterly. I guess some people expect that other people who make millions of dollars a year should work 24/7, or at the very least put in the same 2000 hours a year as the rest of us. (Yes, kids, if you haven't thought of it before, a regular job swallows 2000 hours out of every year of your life until you retire. Horrifying, ain't it?) I think that's why you wouldn't see someone other than Jimmy Fallon up there. We would never have gotten, oh, say, The Tonight Show with Pierce Brosnan, or The Tonight Show with Brendan Fraser. Before Letterman came along, Jonny may have wanted David Brenner to take over eventually, but Brenner probably didn't want to give up his stand up career. Letterman didn't want to wait, though, so he jumped ship and we got Leno. So, if you think Fallon isn't the best guy for the job, remember, everybody else had a gig to shoot for. Personally, I think he's smart, but he doesn't have the snap for really consistent comedy. He always looks like he's begging the audience for a laugh. Would it have changed The Tonight Show too much had they gotten Tina Fey? Oh, but she has a gig, doesn't she?

I just had a thought. Seeing as it's Rocktober (when the show airs), Tim should do a sketch like the Tea-Time Movie only instead of coming out like Art Fern he comes out like a Dark Lord of the Apocalypse and introduces the schlock horror movie they're showing that night. When they show two second clips of the movie, they really show two second clips of Brutal Legend, and some of Eddie's funny lines. In between, when they cut back from the movie, they accidentally catch Dark Lord Tim making out with Megan Fox, playing the Vampirella like Soul Sucking Princess of Darkness. Too much? Over the top?

I want to see Tim actually make me laugh while watching Jimmy Fallon.

Or at least not make a face of disgust.

Dude, if you watch anything with that attitude, there's no way you're going to enjoy it.

You could just go to sleep and then watch it online the next day.

Yes indeed.

Honestly though, I hope he talks about metal songs that never made it into Brütal Legend.

The thing about taking a gig like The Tonight Show is, you basically have to put the rest of your career on hold, if you have any other aspirations. Aside from the occasional cameo bit, your life becomes The Tonight Show. Although, toward the end of his career, Jonny Carson spent an enormous part of the year on vacation, which I remember my dad complaining about bitterly. I guess some people expect that other people who make millions of dollars a year should work 24/7, or at the very least put in the same 2000 hours a year as the rest of us. (Yes, kids, if you haven't thought of it before, a regular job swallows 2000 hours out of every year of your life until you retire. Horrifying, ain't it?) I think that's why you wouldn't see someone other than Jimmy Fallon up there. We would never have gotten, oh, say, The Tonight Show with Pierce Brosnan, or The Tonight Show with Brendan Fraser. Before Letterman came along, Jonny may have wanted David Brenner to take over eventually, but Brenner probably didn't want to give up his stand up career. Letterman didn't want to wait, though, so he jumped ship and we got Leno. So, if you think Fallon isn't the best guy for the job, remember, everybody else had a gig to shoot for. Personally, I think he's smart, but he doesn't have the snap for really consistent comedy. He always looks like he's begging the audience for a laugh. Would it have changed The Tonight Show too much had they gotten Tina Fey? Oh, but she has a gig, doesn't she?

I just had a thought. Seeing as it's Rocktober (when the show airs), Tim should do a sketch like the Tea-Time Movie only instead of coming out like Art Fern he comes out like a Dark Lord of the Apocalypse and introduces the schlock horror movie they're showing that night. When they show two second clips of the movie, they really show two second clips of Brutal Legend, and some of Eddie's funny lines. In between, when they cut back from the movie, they accidentally catch Dark Lord Tim making out with Megan Fox, playing the Vampirella like Soul Sucking Princess of Darkness. Too much? Over the top?

Yes! And I like her gig so SILENCE!

And I see now that Jay Leno didn't really quit. They just moved his show to ten o'clock and call it The Jay Leno Show. I haven't watched one second of NBC in about a year and a half before tonight.

And I see now that Jay Leno didn't really quit. They just moved his show to ten o'clock and call it The Jay Leno Show. I haven't watched one second of NBC in about a year and a half before tonight.

I saw the ad for the Leno show before a film at the theater, and I yelled at the screen, "It's the same damn show!".

Seriously, they've stressed in the press conference it's a different show, it's insane.

And when I watched it, Bill Maher was talking with Jay Leno. I thought I was on the wrong station.

Anyway, back to topic. I would like to see Tim come out in a tuxedo and play the xylophone. Don't ask me why. I just want to see that.

I would like to see Tim run out and save Fallon from falling to his death all while commenting that "a good game developer's job is to make someone else look good".

I'm glad I logged on this minute. I forgot to watch. Well, I was feeling extraordinarily tired for some reason so I had a bit of a lie down. I just turned on NBC now to witness Drew Barrymore smearing Fallon with pie whipped cream and hanging on to him as she stumbled around on roller skates. I guess Tim's up next. This is the late night repeat of the show. Up, here it comes. This is being recorded.

You know, I think game developers are going to start showing up on these shows mainly because the game industry made more money this year than the movie industry. Except, movies aren't made by nerds. And the audience is not going to get that image out of their heads. Games=nerds, not Clark Gables.

Oh my god, I just heard the word Psychonauts on national TV. My life is almost complete.

Annnnnd...that was a somewhat disappointing five minutes. Maybe if Tim had had a spread in Playboy like Drew they might have had him on longer.

Yeah, imagine the ice cream headache from that one. And Tim just keeps on smiling. What a man.

And now, on to my week's recordings of Fringe, Dollhouse, and Stargate:Universe.

Yeah. So? I'm a nerd. So what?

Sign in to follow this