Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bosch

Oh God...

WHY is "Notify me via email when someone posts in this thread" automatically checked? WHY WHY WHYYY??! I hadn't even noticed it before, and I've gotten over 900 emails from this website in about a week. =/

WHY is "Notify me via email when someone posts in this thread" automatically checked? WHY WHY WHYYY??! I hadn't even noticed it before, and I've gotten over 900 emails from this website in about a week. =/

Heh, I checked that off almost straight away. Since I use Live Messenger I get mail popups, so I spotted it pretty quick.

I deleted all my thread subscriptions because even when I selected to not recieve emails, I got them anyway. Apparently others haven't had that same issue though. Now I just have to guess which threads I've posted in and see if anyone has replied to me so now I've just been posting less.

That's because you apparently live in these forums and your avalanche of shouts is now echoing back in a flood of shame.

That's because you apparently live in these forums and your avalanche of shouts is now echoing back in a flood of shame.
Teh floods of Shame is coming for you!!! Lmao.

It messaged me anytime anyone posted a reply on the forums. I pretty much just deleted my Bulk folder completely when I finally caught it and then deleted my subscriptions and deselected all the email options in the CP. It isn't that bad if you catch it early.

Lol, I'm on here like max 2 hours a day. I just post a lot more than the average person does.

Ah, the whole subscribe issue happened to me for a few days too, and then I discovered I can turn it off when ever I want. It's a huge reliefe.

Wait, can you turn it off permanently? Or do you have to do it individually for every thread?

If you go into 'Your Control Panel', you can find the link at the top, and then into 'Email Settings' you can uncheck:

"Enable email notifications by default when you post messages".

This will stop all email notifications, I know how annoying they can be.

YOU! YOU ARE THE ONE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL THIS PAIN!

But you helped me fix it, so I forgive you for the thousands of emails from your adress on my computer.

Heh, I checked that off almost straight away. Since I use Live Messenger I get mail popups, so I spotted it pretty quick.

now you know why it looks like im always on here :D

In a way, the notifications are good... they are a clever punishment for people who post on every single topic in the forum. It's kind of like the forum is seeking revenge.

I forgot to deactivate this again. My inbox is so bloated it's gonna explode. 1,268 unread messages.

Sign in to follow this