Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chief Wakamakamu

A Million Dollars burning a hole in our pockets

You know, if we, the crazy Psychonauts fans of the universe, pooled our resources together, we could possibly fund A) Psychonauts being ported to Wii, or even (B) A Psychonauts sequel.

I know the very idea doing such a thing would is completely irrational, insane, and stupid... but it would be kind of cool... if it worked...

xD

We could raise money through bakesales and things and send them to tim, or have one of those websites where we say we are going to cook a bunny unless we get a million bucks, or whatever.

Any crazy funding ideas?

Don't have to raise money. Sing the praises of Double Fine, advertise like crazy, and hook them up with a publisher. VOILA, PSYCHONAUTS 2.

Also, it might help if we assembled an angry mob and torched the offices of Majesco.

Also, it might help if we assembled an angry mob and torched the offices of Majesco.

If there was any way possible we could convince Majesco that they could save money by having Psychonauts ported to wii...

Kidnap the CEO and threaten to murderlize him if they don't port the game? Nah, might come off as too extremist...

Kidnap the CEO and threaten to murderlize him if they don't port the game? Nah, might come off as too extremist...

Your starting to scare me dude. xD

I was actually semi-seriously-jokingly-serious when I was talking about sending Doublefine money.

There's no way we can raise that much money, although I had that idea a while back.

Uhh. We could start a website and accept donations or something. Except nobody would donate because

a) They don't care

or

b) They'd think they were being scammed

So...alternative please.

And Bosch said... go out into the world, children! And spread the good word of the light and all that is Psychonauts!

And our time will come again!

Ect.

:)

Psychonauts sequel- Yes please.

Psychonauts port on Wii- No thanks (pass).

Why the Wii? Please help me understand why they would port it to the Wii beyond just being a loyal fan of the game, and with any sense of marketing research you might have that supports that this would be a good investment for a publisher and/or Double Fine. (I know how well the Wii systems sell and yeah, it is a cool system.) I think that perhaps Double Fine would want to do something entirely original just for the Wii and the Wiimote concept rather than port Psychonauts to the Wii. I'm sorry to say this, but it is probably just as likely to show up on the Gamecube as it is the Wii right now.

Psychonauts sequel- Yes please.

Psychonauts port on Wii- No thanks (pass).

Why the Wii? Please help me understand why they would port it to the Wii beyond just being a loyal fan of the game, and with any sense of marketing research you might have that supports that this would be a good investment for a publisher and/or Double Fine. (I know how well the Wii systems sell and yeah, it is a cool system.) I think that perhaps Double Fine would want to do something entirely original just for the Wii and the Wiimote concept rather than port Psychonauts to the Wii. I'm sorry to say this, but it is probably just as likely to show up on the Gamecube as it is the Wii right now.

No, it's much more likely to show up on the Wii... authough thats not saying much.

Anyway, I agree with you. I would love to see Tim develoup and origanal Wii title. But someone has to pay him to do it first, as he said on the FAQ.

Hence Psychonauts 2. 4 platform release, Xbox360/PS3/PC/Wii, with revolutionary awesome Wii controls. Make tons of money and win.

Wrong. Because it would be impossibly overhyped on purpose and everyone would buy it and be disappointed. But they'd still buy it.

Hence Psychonauts 2. 4 platform release, Xbox360/PS3/PC/Wii, with revolutionary awesome Wii controls. Make tons of money and win.

Or lose tons of money...

Right. In order to make "tons of money" they should only put Psychonauts 2 on the PC and Xbox 360, since gamers don't buy enough games for the Wii or the PS3 to warrant making it for those consoles.

j/k lol. ;-P

Maybe, just maybe, this next game of theirs will be even better than Psychonauts and maybe they should use "a million dollars burning a hole in our pockets" for cool merchandise like we've been mentioning about Psychonauts that they haven't been able to make? Then all the margin dollars from the game and the merchandise could be used to make Psychonauts 2 or whatever they feel comfortable making after their next game!

I wish they would just announce Psychonauts 2 already so we can start ridiculous plot speculation.

I wish they would just announce Psychonauts 2 already so we can start ridiculous plot speculation.
That'd be nice, and it raises these questions:

Which Whispering Rock Cadet's parent(s) abducted Truman Zanatto? -AND- Was Coach Oleander's problem just a distraction so that it could be pulled off?

*feels tension building for asking such questions*

And why do I feel DIZZY?!

Oh, wait, it's from all the fast paced, upside down, wild carnival rides I went on today... never mind...

Yeah it's a sad reality of the industry. But I wouldn't be surprised if there is an expiration date-- if Majesco sits on top of it and doesn't use it for X years, the IP rights might revert to the studio. Actually I don't know what I am talking about, but with a solid character driven franchise with a unique studio identity, it would make sense.

Dude, if Double Fine completely sold their IP to the publisher, they're not as smart as I think they are. Nobody does that these days. It's all about licenses and exclusivity periods.

Tim, if your reading this, google Psychonauts 2 Petition. Last time I checked, 102 people want you to make a sequal to Psychonauts 2. I even wrote a tear gouging, oscar worthy speech type introduction with the petition, cause I formed it and stuff. Please Tim, or else 102 people will kill themselves in a cult suicide.

Tim, if your reading this, google Psychonauts 2 Petition. Last time I checked, 102 people want you to make a sequal to Psychonauts 2. I even wrote a tear gouging, oscar worthy speech type introduction with the petition, cause I formed it and stuff. Please Tim, or else 102 people will kill themselves in a cult suicide.

102 x $54.99 = $5608.99! Profit! Subtract marketing, royalties and whatnot, and Tim will almost come away with only owing $2-3+Million to his publisher/crew!

AWESOME!!!

Yeah, but the Petition has only been peddled places I've been. Think of all the German or Russian or French websites that could peddle Psychonauts. AND DJIBOUTI! Don't forget about Djibouti.

Doesnt even the FAQ say they'd love to do PSy2 but it's all up to the publisher? Peddle it to the publishers..

No, the FAQ says they'd love to do it, so if you have a lot of money, give it to them and they will. Not that they won't if you don't, however.

Sign in to follow this