Sign in to follow this  
KingCheez

Psychonauts in Second Life!! (AKA: Those weird furries do something cool.)

psychonautsinsecondlifeqy4.png

WHAT WHAT IS GOING ON!?

(Yes the focus is in the entirely wrong place. And I'm hiding Mashi.)

Um... idunno TIKARA YOU SHOULD TOTALLY EXPLAIN ALL THIS I suck at forum'ing.

EDIT FOR COHERENCY: Hey, punks! Do you like Second Life? I bet not! But I bet you like Psychonauts! And so do we! So like... you can... IM Tikara (forgotthelastname) and stuff because we make cool Psychonauts stuff and are buying a psychonauts sim. Thing. Maybe.

BAHAHAHAHAHAH! She showed this to me not long ago. The G-Men in SL, yes. Fun times. But sadly, I do not do any of this..."Second Life" thing. I doubt my computer could handle it anyway.

... On a slightly related note, I saw a stop sign exactly like the ones the Road Crew G-Men had on my way home. I was very tempted to go back and steal it. Then go get a trench coat and hat, and have some madness inducing fun at the town square.

I ran it with 256mb of ram, an Intel EXTREEEME!!! graphics card, and... it was... crap, but regardless. It ran, kinda.

wutev'

Let's be perfectly clear here, before anything else. Second Life is creepy. Period. But that doesn't mean you can't do some cool stuff in it.

Well if all that happens, I'll have no choice but to join this internet community of..Like... People. Yeah. I need a Psychonauts sim type thingers. But until then, RPing will have to suffice.

I'll do it if everyone else does. :D

But that game is just so buggy and slow and crappily coded, I hate it. =/

I'll do it if everyone else does. :D

But that game is just so buggy and slow and crappily coded, I hate it. =/

You'd be slow too, if you had as many subscribers in as little space as they do. ;)

That's no excuse for their horrible programming architecture taking like 10 minutes to completely render an area on a high-end rig. And 90% of the game world is empty, and filled with really ugly objects. There are a lot of network problems and disconnects. How much more incentive do I need to not play?

I'm not complaining by any means... I don't support playing Second Life either. Although personally, to me that's just because of my previous statement about its tendency to be rather... disturbing. Not in a good way, either.

I love the g-man!

But it is too good for filthy, loathesome second life and their 1995 graphics technology. It's SO fugly like the manila folder yellow armpit stains on my high school trig teacher's shirt.

Second Life confused, bored and enraged me with it's lameness, but that screenshot redeems it just a little bit in my dark angry eyes.

Some sort of Psychonauts game in Gmod with custom skins would be kickass I bet.

AHAHAHAHA OH MAN I was wondering when this would appear XDD also, if anyone cares, I have even more screenshots that are kinda oldish when I first got these, BUT STILL xD ((for the last one, Jake's G-Man didn't want to load wtf))

.. also guys, I don't think we can get a FULL sim. Sims cost about like... $100 bucks a month or something D: TOO RICH FOR MY BLOOD WTF xDD

I'LL SELL KOTCM ALBUMS LOTS OF THEM I'LL HOLD PEOPLE AT GUNPOINT AND GO "BUY AN ALBUM"

Also yeah SL is full of creeps, and also SL is full of ASSETS SERVERS CRASH EVERY FUCKING DAY!! but I'm compelled to enjoy it anyway.

If there are a lot of people doing Psychonauts related stuff, I'm so in. Even though the experience of playing that game is like being bludgeoned with a wrench. Repeatedly.

Those screenshots are wrong on so many levels. Anyway I have my doubts about SL being able to emulate what the fine team of DF came up with in Psychonauts, plus mixing it all up with furries and crap like that...wrong, horribly wrong. But that's just my 2 eurocents :)

Probably. Hopefully the Psychonauts stuff outweighs the pure suckage of SL.

I tried secondlife for like... a week. Ran into a guy who made himself into razputin (authough he looked more like the Squidbunnies Raz)

THAT IS AMAZING.

They escaped the world of DoubleFine and are spreading like a virus!!

Has anyone made a Sims2 skin for them? I tried, but I suck at making those skins ;_;

Second Life is a terrible crappy wanna be Sims2 game. It fails. The only good thing I've seen of it is now the G-Men and Samus.

Otherwise it sucks. Stay away from it. There's a reason those G-Men are holding stop signs...

In any case, I think we're all in agreement that Second Life is a stain on the PC game genre.

Build pointless objects and walk around virtual bars as a gun-wielding ninja furry consisting of horrible, AA-lacking textures.

In any case, I think we're all in agreement that Second Life is a stain on the PC game genre.

"PC Games" isn't really a genre. I'm not sure what genre SL would fall under. "Alternate reality" games, maybe? What is the appeal of this kind of game, anyway? I'm not trying to condescend; I'm just curious.