Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MotorMouth

It's The Final Countdown!

anyone got any words to say as we get closer to rocktober 13th as each day passes?

10 days until the wait is over

All I can say is that Brütal Legend has been my dream game.

Back around 2 years ago, I was really getting into heavy metal. Around the same time I was really getting into Tim Schafer's games via Psychonauts. Those were the two big things coming into my life at the time. At one point, in my own childish way, I thought to myself, "You know what the greatest, most awesome thing in the universe would be? If Tim Schafer made a game about metal." A few days later, I received Game Informer with Brütal Legend on the cover.

I say this about a lot of games I am excited for, but I think this might be THE perfect game. It has EVERYTHING I want

After the original release date had been delayed about a year, I never thought I would be this close to Rocktober 13th! This game is one of the mose coolest ideas, I've seen in awhile.

I can't believe it's almost here. It seems like forever since it was announced, and foreverer since Psychonauts. The day a new TS game is added to my collection is a good day indeed.

Sony and MicroSoft should at least give a plaque or something to DoubleFine in appreciation for all the business they're generating. I never thought I'd buy another console after I put away the ColecoVision.

a couple more days and it's only a week.... ahhh the anticipation is killing me, any word on midnight release? oh and grid sleep... your avatar photo/animation is awesome.

i'm not gonna be able to pay attention in class next tuesday. ill just be too excited for BL

Say, what's the final release date? I've heard that it's 13 for the US and 16 for Europe, but in some places it says 13 everywhere. Which one is right?

Grid! You're buying a console?!?!?! Awesome, and only 9 days you guys!!!
Yeah, he got a PS3. Where you been by the way?

Awesome, and I've been busy. Why, was the forum painfully boring while I was gone?

IT IS SO CLOSE!

We've been talking for a long time about buying a new TV for Rocktober 13... and finally went ahead and did it. :D Brütal Legend will now look BEAUTIFUL, as intended, rather than us straining to see on our little old TV!

Not true. Me and most of the Europeans will be here cursing you Americans for getting it earlier than us.

Not true. Me and most of the Europeans will be here cursing you Americans for getting it earlier than us.

Like the PS3 people cursed the XBox people for getting the demo earlier? In the words of the red Lectroid commander, "So what? Big deal."

First thing I'm gonna do in multiplayer is pull a Leeroy Jenkins and charge solo into the enemy team's stage, and see how far I get.

Every day get's harder....I'm not sure how much longer I can wait...I'm half tempted to just burst into Double Fine with a battle axe and demand the game....but I'm positive by the time I got there the game would have already shipped and I would be pelted by bullets and squirrels.

i think the shipping date for the game is like rocktober 5th so im probably gonna go in to my local Gamestop bribe them with kittens and then ill be gone before they even notice their actually misshapen ferrets

I live on a floor of nothing but rap and techno listeners, so i can't wait to blare this game with the rock music as retalliation xD

i think the shipping date for the game is like rocktober 5th so im probably gonna go in to my local Gamestop bribe them with kittens and then ill be gone before they even notice their actually misshapen ferrets

Actually if you dip frogs in corn syrup and then roll them in vacuum cleaner lint they look like kittens. That's cheaper yet.

Did I tell you that you're my favorite new member?

I'm so excited i can't sleep right now.

*curses computer science assignments with all the hatred one can muster at 2 AM*

I'm only going to where my metal shirts till Rocktober 13th, I think i have enough to last me, and to anyone that doesn't own a metal shirt get one now ( or a Brutal legend shirt/jacket), and wear it when you pick up the game. Just because its awesome.

Does it have any pointy objects on it? That's usually a good place to start. usually band names have random axes and swords as a substitute for letters, so if you can kill someone with a part of your shirt, or it's black with a good design you should be good. Or you can go to a thrift store and maybe you can find some old torn Led Zeppelin shirt that three sizes to big, that works too.

Sign in to follow this