Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MotorMouth

It's The Final Countdown!

I was kind of being sarcastic. The "naked chick" is (in the comic) a genetically engineered experiment named Oasis who penchant for Gurka knives and other weapons and use her prehensile hair as tentacles, whips and spears, a la Witchblade meets Medusa. Although she doesn't have them deployed in the illustration on the shirt. The boys (and rabbit) are having a sort of clumsy game of water polo in a pond when Oasis falls in on them from a cliff. Stark naked. Or something like that. I'll have to read back to remember it properly. The lab she escaped from (or was she patrolling to protect it?) was nearby in the forest. I dunno. She develops a fixation on Torg at one point and spends a lot of the comic killing or trying to kill any woman close to him, even after she herself gets killed and comes back from the dead (several times, I think.) And yet, it's essentially a funny cartoon. That's kind of Metal, in a Species sort of way. It's actually a really interesting comic that incorporates every trope from every genre that can be named, while refraining from becoming quite as temporally distrophic as, say, Elf Life or Doctor Who.

I don't have anything even approaching a KISS t-shirt or anything like that (no, wait, I think I did have a KISS t-shirt when I was a teen.) I have one album that could be considered Metal, and that's Destroyer. I'm not a thrasher, never was. My favorite concerts that I attended were ELP and Genesis. I'm sorry I never went to see Rush or Yes in concert. I was at Renaissance's last concert at the 1892 Opera House in Poughkeepsie. I actually have a sizable collection of Neil Diamond and Janis Ian albums. I like Alanis Morissette. And I won't be going to the store, anyway. I preordered through NewEgg.

Oh. I know! I'll wear my Little Dee "We Rogues Of Wool" t-shirt. It's piratey.

I'm only going to where my metal shirts till Rocktober 13th.

Wait, wait. Won't it be a little socially awkward if you show up for work or classes wearing just a metal t-shirt? :-/ Maybe you should leave the pants on at least?

Hehe. I myself have a few Dio shirts. I think I'll wear the one from the "Master of the moon" tour, it's as metal as the badass demon crushing a moon in his hand can be.

I work in a place that if you don't wear a good shirt with a collar they send you home or to the store to get one. That happened to one guy. They nearly completely block the internet, even stuff that we might need to do our jobs. We used to be able to have our laptops next to our thin clients (yes thin clients, not workstations, ugh) until three executives stood behind one guy who was talking with a customer while simultaneously playing WOW. In three minutes our manager was walking up and down the aisle saying "Put it away...put it away... don't take it out again." No personal electronic devices of any kind out on the floor. No extended conversations. Most people just read or sedoku between calls, although there has been a bit of a Rubik's cube craze lately. But we do get a birthday cake every month for everyone having a birthday that month, and everyone has to sing, and there are web centered scavenger hunts, and prizes for attendance and call times like and extra fifteen minutes for lunch. And sometimes you don't have to park a quarter mile away because the parking lot might actually not be full that day. I shouldn't complain, but being treated like errant schoolchildren for 2000 hours a year seems like an annoying price to pay for medical and dental and a middle of the road pay scale. No, I'm not going to say where I work.

When you all start looking for work, those who aren't there yet, go for something you love doing. Otherwise, you will just end up hating it.

He just told you that he's not gonna said it! Jeez, some people! >:(

Well, at least you have a well paying work, that you, at least not overly hate.

Its more than some other less lucky people have in the current economy. I used to make a fair living freelancing translating articles for different journals and working with company localizing software to our country's language. In the last half a year the amount of orders was steadily declining. While I'm not totally out of work right now, quite soon I'll have a dubious pleasure of being a job applicant. I wonder what job I would be qualified for in the current economy... Junior assistant drainage cleaner? :sick:

My bad; I had to stop reading about half way through because it reminded me way too much of my former soul-sucking job. Can I at least ask why you won't say? I don't hesitate to warn people about my last job, or even jobs that may resemble it (i.e., anything involving a cubicle). I think it ultimately keeps me sane.

I'm only going to where my metal shirts till Rocktober 13th.

Wait, wait. Won't it be a little socially awkward if you show up for work or classes wearing just a metal t-shirt? :-/ Maybe you should leave the pants on at least?

Hehe. I myself have a few Dio shirts. I think I'll wear the one from the "Master of the moon" tour, it's as metal as the badass demon crushing a moon in his hand can be.

Pants are for squares. Besides its just extra weight after all, the only use for pants are the pockets.

this day is like christmas, halloween, and your birthday all rolled into one awesome heavy metal package and that day my friends is rocktober 13

All I can say is this is going to be the longest week ever.

And that exam next Monday, will be the longest exam ever... followed by the sweetest time right after when that exam will be vanquished...

Let the Legend begin!!

this day is like christmas, halloween, and your birthday all rolled into one awesome heavy metal package and that day my friends is rocktober 13
You dont know how true that is for me. My actual birthday is on Rocktober 13th.. additionally, I was born on a Friday the 13th and my dyslexic birth doctor miswrote my due date as October 31st. So either Halloween or Friday the 13th. Either way, my birthday was gonna be interesting.

Coincidentally, many of my family members were born on the 13th, but they were from other months. My mother, my grandmother, and my daughter were all born on the 13th. My son was born on the 14th, just 35 minutes after the 13th. We figured that he was just rebelling though. He just didn't want to be trendy.

Anyways, I am going to be 31 this year- on Rocktober 13th and I can't think of a better way to celebrate it than with playing my copy of Brütal Legend!!

Now if only my work would have let me have the day off.. :(

Whoa! Talk about numerology! :wow:

Say, did you ever like shaved your head? Maybe you have some sort of interesting birthmark on it... :cheese:

Say, did you ever like shaved your head? Maybe you have some sort of interesting birthmark on it... :cheese:

Lol. No.. I don't know of any strange markings on my body.

like a birth mark that says Tenac?

cause i have one that says ious D :P

I was born Rocktober 12, Which is going to be my 18th B-day.

I can honestly say that I am more excited about Brutal Legend then turning 18.

i haven't heard anything on a midnight release, shame i was going to bring the axe i made to the release... ill be finishing the axe up this weekend. This wait is killing me... we're so close people! i can taste the game on my eyes

I've heard there was a midnight release if not for the game, but for the fact that Uncharted 2 is release on the same day which I'm sure you can you just get while your there since they are open. I'll just call my gamestop and ask.

Maybe after the game comes out some of you new members will post in Off-Topic. It's been really slow there lately. I'm lonely :_;

You dont know how true that is for me. My actual birthday is on Rocktober 13th.. additionally, I was born on a Friday the 13th and my dyslexic birth doctor miswrote my due date as October 31st. So either Halloween or Friday the 13th. Either way, my birthday was gonna be interesting.

Coincidentally, many of my family members were born on the 13th, but they were from other months. My mother, my grandmother, and my daughter were all born on the 13th. My son was born on the 14th, just 35 minutes after the 13th. We figured that he was just rebelling though. He just didn't want to be trendy.

Anyways, I am going to be 31 this year- on Rocktober 13th and I can't think of a better way to celebrate it than with playing my copy of Brütal Legend!!

Now if only my work would have let me have the day off.. :(

well have a brutal birthday dude and same to you mom grandma and daughter

I have 7 days to go for me,

13th Rocktober:

Withdrawling large amount of cash from my bank account

14th Rocktober

Using money to by A Playstation 3

15th Rocktober

The day Brutal Legend comes out, buying it on this day

16th Rocktober

Death by awesomeness

Can't wait for the game. What are you all gonna do on the day you finnaly have the game?

Me well, sadly my Xbox has RROD so Won't get it back until November. So this means when I finnaly get my copy of the game I will stare at it, open it, stare at the disk, Read the manual, Look at the pretty pictures, pick of the disk, look under it, put it back, smell the new game smell (Don't judge me!) and then put it down again. This means however I am going to try to avoid all media coverage on this game as I want most things except for the demo revealed to me.

Hopefully upon your first day with Brutal legend will be more eventful then mine.

Can't wait for the game. What are you all gonna do on the day you finnaly have the game?

Me well, sadly my Xbox has RROD so Won't get it back until November. So this means when I finnaly get my copy of the game I will stare at it, open it, stare at the disk, Read the manual, Look at the pretty pictures, pick of the disk, look under it, put it back, smell the new game smell (Don't judge me!) and then put it down again. This means however I am going to try to avoid all media coverage on this game as I want most things except for the demo revealed to me.

Hopefully upon your first day with Brutal legend will be more eventful then mine.

This is what every Brutal Legend fan should do if they have a broken console. Well all I have to do is convince my father.

Sign in to follow this