Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
myhrik

PS3 or Xbox 360 version?

I'll be getting it for the 360. I never got into the Playstation, I was into the Genesis, N64, Gamecube, and finally the Xbox and 360 (I really liked the Dreamcast when I played it at the kiosks, but never got one). I didn't like the game collection on the PS series that much (except for the Metal Gear Solid series), and the controller design wasn't very good imo.

I personally don't care for the Playstation's controller; it isn't very "ergonomic" and the thumbstick layout is not to my liking. I prefer the left thumbstick above the D-pad, like on the Gamecube, Dreamcast, and Xbox 1. I had the same problem with my friends' NES controllers (i.e. being a rectangle). I also prefer the triggers on the on the 360, which are again similar to the Gamecube and the Dreamcast. I've played a bit of my friend's PS3 (trying out MGS4), and while the Dual Shock 3 is much better than its predecessors, it's still not as comfortable as the 360 controller.

That and I like Halo (no flaming plz).

I'll be getting it on PS3 because I haven't bothered to sign up for LIVE yet and the MP looks fun. And who can pass up the first Third Person Limited Real Time Strategy (as opposed to the standard Third Person Omniscient RTS) game ever?

But it would be best to buy both.

I looked at those pictures, I can't really find a difference except that some are of slightly different moments in the game. MAYBE the 360 is anti-aliased better.

The PS3 version has meteors.

Interesting. It better have Giant Crabs, a burlap clothed kid, some Japanese dude yelling "RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RAAAAACER!!", and an old creepy army guy who hides under a box too.

*chuckles*

Oh, that wacky Kaz Hirai.

I'm planning on getting a PS3 soon. I was planning on it before the price drop, but I don't have the money. Since the 360 is technically my brother's, I will be getting the PS3 version. I don't really have problems with their controllers, but I kind of grew up playing with them.

I can see that, I take much more pride into something hand-crafted than something provided out-right.

This is why I make my own sammichs.

As far as what console to get it on: I'd say the 360 has the most swing in it's favor.

From what I can tell, at least by the populations of the GameFAQs message boards, the 360 version will likely be more populated, meaning you're likely to have an easier time finding someone online to battle (if matchmaking is involved). It was developed on the 360, so you're probably more likely to see Schafer on Live than you are on PSN. Then again, maybe not.

Definitely 360 for me. When it comes to multiplatform games, they typically go for the 360. Though games that are made specifically for the PS3 was always amazing, multiplats just seem to feel better on the 360.

I once heard that most multiplats are first coded for the 360 then ported to the PS3 cause it's harder to port from the PS3 to the 360. Dunno if true, but still, 360 all the way!

Definitely 360 for me. When it comes to multiplatform games, they typically go for the 360. Though games that are made specifically for the PS3 was always amazing, multiplats just seem to feel better on the 360.

I once heard that most multiplats are first coded for the 360 then ported to the PS3 cause it's harder to port from the PS3 to the 360. Dunno if true, but still, 360 all the way!

yeah most developers are to lazy to even bother with PS3 when it comes to multiplatformers

THAT IS A MYTH! It was true for the first year or two of this console generation, but now most developers lead with the PS3. Even big games like Assassin's Creed do it (it started as a PS3 exclusive). Nowadays most PS3 versions of games look better.

I wish I could agree with that, I was a diehard PS3-fanboy until I bought my 360 several months ago.. I happen to have both versions of Assassin's Creed, and this is no joke - it runs MUCH smoother on the 360. Like 5 or 6 fps faster at least.. Try climbing the towers on the PS3 version, you know the graphics always slow down to the extreme when looking out over the landscapes from a high point? Doesn't happen on the 360... They say the graphics are more detailed in some areas on the PS3 version though... But I'd rather have a smoother framerate in this case...

That said, I've heard that games like GTA IV are smoother on the PS3. It varies I guess...

That's weird, because I've only played the 360 version of Assassin's Creed (I don't have a PS3 yet), and it froze up on me every ten minutes. I thought it was, because the PS3 was the lead platform. Maybe it was something with the disc or my 360 though.

I'm getting it on the 360 (though prior to it I had both an Xbox and a PS2 and I enjoyed my Xbox much more). My friend has a PS3 and I still prefer my 360. Of course the biggest problem people will shout out is the RROD which I've only delt with once and that was three years after launch and my own doing do to my poor treatment of it (keeping it in a in-closed space, lots of dust that sort of thing). When it comes to Red Rings, I believe it mostly falls on the owner's ability to take care of the things they own (I now keep it in a opened space alone and dust it off three times a week..then again I dust my entire room three days a week, I'm a neat freak), and I haven't had a single problem with it, it runs beautifully and doesn't make a sound.

Plus there are only a handful of games that made me want to buy a PS3 which wasn't enough, though I may in the future purchase a PS3, there aren't a huge differences that can't be fixed between a the two depending on your tv and if you mess around with the lightiiing effects and things of that nature when a play a game (I always do, and I see no difference between the PS3 and 360). So when it comes down to it it's really what you want.

And I have to agree with the community as well...although I REALLY don't think we want the the GameFAQs people online....they are the kind of thing that will likely make you want to rip your face off with their constant bickering, but at least it will be lively (which is why I found friends and stuff here or elsewhere to play with). Orange Box is a good example of this, it's pretty much gone on the PS3 while on the Xbox it's alive and full.

I really love my ps3, and I'd be getting BRÜTAL LEGEND for the ps3 if not for one key determining factor. All my friends will be playing on the xbox 360, so that's the sole reason I'm getting it for that system. I've just always liked the ps3 controllers better for some reason, think I may be the only one.

Sign in to follow this