Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SinisterSamurai

Let me hear for a world of Rock. Let me hear it for this massive ****!

Yeah, they've been talking about this on a couple of other threads. It's Brutal, which is good, but it's...embarrassing at the same time. That's a pretty neat trick.

Yea the commercial and scenes, are much better than gamestop's commericial. However that song is like so bad, it sounds like Kabbage boy is singing. The song, sounds like a cross between rap and alternative rock lol. The funniest part, is when the sing"rated M for matuuuuurrree" into the song.

Aww man, they totally spoiled the Eddie/Ophelia romance scene :/

Also: Lita and Ophelia are fighting?! W-w-w-w-w-what? And we see the back of Mangus's head

Music sucks, but the video was pretty good, especially the fight between Lita and Ophelia, I wonder what that's all about.

It's like they paid some kid who's never heard of Brutal Legend a few bucks to come up with a rap about it.

THE MAKE-OUT SCENE WAS RUINED I TELL YOU

RRUUUUUIIIIINNNNEEEEDDDDDD

Oh, don't worry, l'il darling. I'm sure they'll find a mud puddle to fall into. The whole problem is, they're trying to sell a game that has hard core followers like us, to people who aren't like us at all. It's like 2001:A Space Odyssey or a Thomas Pynchon novel. Most people would look at it and not feel it is for them, not understand in the least, and leave it be, missing the chance to blow their minds and expand their horizons. They have to be, well, to put it bluntly, tricked into entering the temple with the promise of pretty words and hoochy coochy girls. Then, when they feel they've made some sort of commitment and might as well stay a bit, they begin to see the true nature, and the divine light creeps inside of them like a silky, loving worm. It will nibble away at their base self, leaving only the pure and incontestably superior consciousness that is Metal. Then, they will understand. Then, they will be ready for the flood.

The only saving grace this has is the gameplay, the music was so terrible, but at least we are spared from the commercials that could have been if BL stayed with activision. *shudders*

I saw it during Monday Night Football yesterday and was amused by the absurdity of it. Any publicity is good for the game and I think the lyrics are supposed to be intentionally corny and over the top.

Oh, don't worry, l'il darling. I'm sure they'll find a mud puddle to fall into. The whole problem is, they're trying to sell a game that has hard core followers like us, to people who aren't like us at all. It's like 2001:A Space Odyssey or a Thomas Pynchon novel. Most people would look at it and not feel it is for them, not understand in the least, and leave it be, missing the chance to blow their minds and expand their horizons. They have to be, well, to put it bluntly, tricked into entering the temple with the promise of pretty words and hoochy coochy girls. Then, when they feel they've made some sort of commitment and might as well stay a bit, they begin to see the true nature, and the divine light creeps inside of them like a silky, loving worm. It will nibble away at their base self, leaving only the pure and incontestably superior consciousness that is Metal. Then, they will understand. Then, they will be ready for the flood.

Did you know that 2001 A Space Odyssey was not supposed to have a deep story, but a visual experience?

Did you know that 2001 A Space Odyssey was not supposed to have a deep story, but a visual experience?

Have you read the novel? It's much better than the movie.

That's Kubrick for you. Inspired by Arthur Clarke, I guess they got to talking and did make a story out of it. But, one still must read the novel to make head or tail of the movie.

It's a bit like this article about an anime movie commissioned by Daft Punk, which resulted in an hour long music video that tells a story without words. The article is actually about the figures from the anime, but it's an interesting read, and the anime is interesting to watch.

...wait, did you just call me "li'l darling?"

I said that in a kind of kindly old santa clause grandpa dispensing sage wisdom from the front porch rocker kind of way, of course.

I said that in a kind of kindly old santa clause grandpa dispensing sage wisdom from the front porch rocker kind of way, of course.

I think think he meant it in the creepy pedophile kind of way.

I've encountered so many terrifying things lately, this doesn't actually bother me all too much...

I don't know which is more unctuous: being mistaken for a pedophile, or being declared harmless. ("Earth: mostly harmless." --The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

Sign in to follow this