Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kia001

Magical start menu super hands MYSTARY!

Who is that person? Yow can his hands move so fast with such inhuman precision? What do the runes on the multiplayer page mean? How the hell are they going to play that LP album without a hole in the center? Those questions had plagued humanity for generations...

Well, I'm reasonably sure I can answer one of them!

After long and rigorous scientific study, I've came to a shocking conclusion: this person is none other, than the man, Tim Schafer himself!

Here are my arguments:

Exhibits 1 and 2

nf321c.jpg

2pqw5mf.jpg

As you can see on the illustrations above, the ring on the hand in the menu and the ring on Tim's hand are remarkably familiar.

Of course in the absence of high quality footage of the ring, we can only conclude that they are similar. We cannot be sure that it is the same ring. And so by itself it would not be evidence enough to conclude the personality of the ring wearer. However, there is one additional piece of evidence I can present! Observe!

Exhibits 3 and 4

10z5tmr.jpg

8y6o9h.jpg

One of the menu pages, the options page to be precise, has a hidden reflection! In the lower light corner of the LP you can see a top half of a person's head (See ex. 3)! And that head has a curly hair! Just like Tim's hair (see ex. 4)!

Based on this compelling evidence we can only come to one conclusion! The person who holds the main menu LP is none other than Tim Schafer himself!

PS: No, seriously, how the hell are they going to play the LP? There's no hole! You could drill one, but get one mm to the side and the record won't play right!

... wow i don't know whether ot be impressed with you ability to notice such minute details... or disturbed by the amount of free time you have..., im leaning more towards impressed, although i think on another thread they agreed it should remain a mystery...

seriously they're coming for you, RUN, they know that you know the secret... crap now i know the secret... i'll hold them off for you run... not really... i hope... i need more sleep at night

I guessed Tim first time I saw it (that guy is effin everywhere these days :D). Thanks for the confirmation.

Mildly terrifying about the hair bit; saw the ring before.

You can tell it's Schafer from the way his hands move away from the LP, by the way. He puts it there and sort of opens his palms to it, in a "Here it is" sort-of way, which is a very Tim Schafer thing to do.

Interesting. I heard on the Giant Bomb podcast that they supposedly asked and were told that the hands belong to Jack Black. You do present some strong evidence though.

Sadly, you are mistaken D:. On the newest news post, Tim himself says the hands belong to Mr. JB. But he might be modest haha

Sadly, you are mistaken D:. On the newest news post, Tim himself says the hands belong to Mr. JB. But he might be modest haha

Well, I'll just say that Tim seems to me the more probable fit of the two. Although the possibility is there, seeing as the reflection is blurry (and Jack also has a similar ring, though seeing as his character Eddie doesn't wear a ring, I don't know if he should wear one if he's in character? Ghhhh my head hurts!). It could be Jack with messed up hair. The menu in the release should have the other pages animated, or even actual voice comments added, so we should wait for that.

Tim himself says the hands belong to Mr. JB.

Yep, just saw the Now playing: Brutal Legend Live, Tim just said, that it was Jack's sands, so I was wrong I guess. Unless it was some sort of their in-joke, but this is really improbable.

Damn you logic! You failed meeeeeeee!!! :vampire:

Sign in to follow this