Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Leroy Octopus

Whatcha doin' for Halloween? A DFAF Thread

... And A Nightmare Before Christmas is? Oh I see your angle here, you only watch movies which feature Halloween as a major element in the story!

Still, This month I'd watch all the creepy little movies. Coraline, The Addams Family films, Little Shop of Horrors, Young Frankenstein, The Rocky Horror Picture Show (At a screening with an audience), all that good stuff!

... And A Nightmare Before Christmas is? Oh I see your angle here, you only watch movies which feature Halloween as a major element in the story!

Still, This month I'd watch all the creepy little movies. Coraline, The Addams Family films, Little Shop of Horrors, Young Frankenstein, The Rocky Horror Picture Show (At a screening with an audience), all that good stuff!

I'd watch Coraline too just for the hell of it, but I don't think I could talk my mom into renting again. We just rented it when it came out on DVD.

I'm going to try to rent Drag Me to Hell since it just came out or is about to come out. My sister saw it and said it's really good.

err... i'm being eddie riggs... kind of a last minute thing... i have my friends my mom converting an old leather jacket i have into a vest, made an ax hopefully i will be putting the final touches on it this weekend, no wig... Jack black barely pulls the whole wig and fake muscle thing off so ill just be going as medium blonde haired riggs... with no muscle suit but im a big guy.. so... ya gona go to my 3 classes that day dressed up... i cant wait to see the look on peoples faces...

I'm probably going as a mad scientist, and I'm trying to convince my younger sister to be my Igor X3; Wish me luck with that.

I just ordered a pair of sweet goggles off of Amazon a moment ago.

I went to the store today. I saw a Burger King costume, somewhere between the goth wigs and the gorilla and banana suits (they really shouldn't put those together, the bananas will get eaten for sure!). I had to do all I could to keep from breaking out into a fit of hysteria.

err... i'm being eddie riggs... kind of a last minute thing... i have my friends my mom converting an old leather jacket i have into a vest, made an ax hopefully i will be putting the final touches on it this weekend, no wig... Jack black barely pulls the whole wig and fake muscle thing off so ill just be going as medium blonde haired riggs... with no muscle suit but im a big guy.. so... ya gona go to my 3 classes that day dressed up... i cant wait to see the look on peoples faces...

ME TOO, I finally convinced my girlfriend that it was not a stupid idea, although I have to go axe-less, and I have a mustache so this riggs has to have a stache.

I'm going to a friend's house for a halloween party, and then trick-or-treating, and yes, your never to old for getting treats from people you know :D and my costume...wellll i was planing on being an insane person(you know, with the straght jacket and everything) but the costume was to expensive, so i'm going as Beyond Birthday (all i needed was fake blood and a plastic knife the cost around 5 dollars)

Unless I find friends will to steal candy from strangers with me, I'll be distributing candy (to the sounds of Sunn O))), Kongh, Peste Noire ad anything else I feel provides a nice creepy atmosphere). Either way, I'm dressing up as my own creation by dawning fake webs, mixing fake blood in it and putting in fake vampire teeth for effect.

Not meaning to be sexist or anything, but don't any guys ever play Raz? It' like, since I was a kid, Peter Pan has always been played by a slight woman (except for one recent PP movie, very recent.) I know I mentioned the Man-Lili thing a while back (in jest) but that's not what I'm talking about.

I'm too old of a man to go trick or treating now. That's very sad. I may dress up for work. Supposedly Children may come around the center of town and visit businesses. So thay may be it for me. I think I'll go with my classic monkey suit costume. It's usually recieved well.

Well, my costume is going to be Edward Cullen. No, I am completely serious.

It's going to be hilarious.

And, going outwith friends that night. To scare kids and such.

Not meaning to be sexist or anything, but don't any guys ever play Raz? It' like, since I was a kid, Peter Pan has always been played by a slight woman (except for one recent PP movie, very recent.) I know I mentioned the Man-Lili thing a while back (in jest) but that's not what I'm talking about.

Ask yourself this. Is it better for a girl to go trick r' treating as Raz or Eddie Riggs? Both are bizarre, but many would prefer the former.

I'm not saying anybody has to do anything. I've known a few women who could pass for Eddie even without the muttonchops. I was just wondering why I haven't seen any guys trying to be Raz. It's just been girls, so far. If anyone's seen any different, please post the link. I'd be glad to be corrected.

Costume's fully assembled and I'm heading over to the boyfriends to trick or treat next saturday. Except I have to go with his racist friend who I can't call 'Girl's Name ' without getting a dirty look. So that's fun.

Costume's fully assembled and I'm heading over to the boyfriends to trick or treat next saturday. Except I have to go with his racist friend who I can't call 'Girl's Name ' without getting a dirty look. So that's fun.

It's hard to even discuss racist people without verging on racism. What a strange species we are.

I'd wear a costume, but all I'd need to do is wear my normal street clothes and voรฌlรก instant Sasha Nein. So what's the point of costuming? I'm there already. Or, I should say, "Well, my ass is covered."

I'm no longer going to be Old Gregg. Halloween's to cold a day for wearing a tutu. My current goal is to be Rob Halford/a fire baron. I need to buy some more fake leather for the chaps, vest and gauntlets.

goal

As halloween looms ever nearer, I still haven't even started on making the medigun and coat that I was going to make for Indigo. I haven't even found a cardboard shipping tube the right size, and I have no idea where to get a white lab coat and a few feet of similar material. I'm thinking I may have to start from a robe! Not to mention, I can't find the glasses or bandage tape that I bought a while back! And I can't seem to recall the recipe for fake blood that Savi gave me.

Savina is a good photographer, but that one picture of her has me reaching for my katana.

I'd wear a costume, but all I'd need to do is wear my normal street clothes and voรฌlรก instant Sasha Nein. So what's the point of costuming? I'm there already. Or, I should say, "Well, my ass is covered."

Cool.

So, I am officially going to probably actually do something for Halloween.

Watch the Halloween episode of The Adventures of Pete & Pete

w00t

I have a slight predicament. One of my closest and best friends is having a party but it's going to be really lame, with a few idiots going and someone I fell out with. Also, people who are like 3 years older than me, again, idiots. She is unwilling to invite my girlfriend because said person has a crush on me. However, one of my other friends is having a party and a lot of the people who I really like and sounds like an awesome party to which my girlfriend is invited. I'd feel really slack if I just ditched my best friend but she's being a bit of a bee-yotch. She cancelled her party and as soon as she heard someone else was having one 'un'cancelled it. She's trying to convince the guy to cancel HIS party so she can have hers. What should I do?

I have a slight predicament. One of my closest and best friends is having a party but it's going to be really lame, with a few idiots going and someone I fell out with. Also, people who are like 3 years older than me, again, idiots. She is unwilling to invite my girlfriend because said person has a crush on me. However, one of my other friends is having a party and a lot of the people who I really like and sounds like an awesome party to which my girlfriend is invited. I'd feel really slack if I just ditched my best friend but she's being a bit of a bee-yotch. She cancelled her party and as soon as she heard someone else was having one 'un'cancelled it. She's trying to convince the guy to cancel HIS party so she can have hers. What should I do?

Ditch both and TP the house closest to the midpoint of the distance between them.

Sounds like a plan.

What actually happened is one of them moved their HALLOWEEN party to the friday instead of the saturday. No complaints here.

I'm not going to either, I'll just egg my own house.

I went to a haunted house with my mom and sisters a couple weeks ago. We got lost in a maze at the end. It was almost completely black in there, so I had to lead us out. I'm the only one who doesn't need glasses or already has them.

I just carved an Ormagoden pumpkin. I'll upload a picture if anyone wants to see it =P

Yes I know someone has already done this.

EDIT: I moved while taking one of the pictures, AND IT LOOKS LIKE ORMAGODEN IS ROARING!

Sign in to follow this