Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Leroy Octopus

Whatcha doin' for Halloween? A DFAF Thread

So Indigo decided that her medic costume was too much work (a totally reasonable view, actually, as she hasn't had time to work on it until this week and had just barely started working on it when she realised she wouldn't be able to get it done in time, even with my help) and so I'm pretty much free to do whatever costume I want. I don't really want to go trick-or-treating as a Scout (in a t-shirt and capris) because it will be freaking cold. Not to mention, hauling around a baseball bat is really cool for the first thirty minutes, and then you want to ditch it in some suburb dweller's recycle bin.

So instead, I'm gonna dress up as a humanized, awesome version of 7. Yes. My faggotry knows no bounds. I'm gonna wear a corset with a 7 and a patch on the back, and khaki coloured pants and turtleneck with stitching all over them. I'm also making boots and gloves with metal plates attached. Not to mention GOGGLES and a freakin' GIANT BIRD SKULL HELMET.

Also all those little details blah blah turquoise button blah rope belt them thingies.

You mean 7 from "9". It's funny, when you said "7" and then "corset" this image of 7-of-9 flashed through my head. And I thought, if you think carrying a baseball bat around is hard, try walking in a ribbed corset and six inch heels for six hours. OK. I understand.

You mean 7 from "9". It's funny, when you said "7" and then "corset" this image of 7-of-9 flashed through my head. And I thought, if you think carrying a baseball bat around is hard, try walking in a ribbed corset and six inch heels for six hours. OK. I understand.

You are talking to a person who has done said thing.

But yes, I know. xD

COSTUME UPDATE. Goggles are finished (albeit made of paper cups and silver sharpie), skull-met is turning out really well, and I have exchanged the metal plates on the boots and gloves for silver duct tape. Not as nice, but it works just as well and was much, much faster. At this rate, I may even have time for a spear.

COSTUME UPDATE:

sewing is done, though I need to put in a lot more studs and stuff

I wonder what the ratio of |people thinking I'm Rob Halford| to |people thinking I'm Mr. Slave| will be.

COSTUME UPDATE:

...it's been done for weeks. :P

I'm a G-man! What do you expect? All I need is a fedora, a trenchcoat, a tie, some silly phrases or something, a pillowcase with the words 'Pillowcase (not by any means a way to collect information)' taped to it, and I'm set.

...I just did this because I didn't wanna feel left out. :down:

Why, Katez, is that a 16th-century black plauge physician bird-mask-sorta-thing? If it is, awesome! If not, Still awesome!

No, it's not, in fact. It is in fact a 7-themed top hat.

Me and Trogdor could not find enough people to do the village people so basically we're both going to dress up as Kanye West and interrupt each other. We imagine it will look something like this.

It's raining where I am, so I'll probably be passing out candy to the brave few.

Fortunately, this means more candy for me to keep :)

If a body meet a body comin' through the rye...

Either that or go as Mel Gibson clutching a copy of Catcher in the Rye with a dozen other copies stuffed into the pockets, and act really nervous and twitchy. One of my favorite films, btw.

I went to a halloween party in an abandoned house, it was pretty awesome. Unfortunately, one of my friends got really drunk (I didn't touch any alcohol) and I had to look after him for an hour to make sure he didn't choke on his own vomit. I still had a lot of fun. What did you guys do?

I fed my cats, ate some dinner (kielbasa and kapusta), tried to play Psychonauts but it crashed twice (my computer is being betrayed by Adobe Flash Player) so I installed Brutal Legend in the PS/3 but didn't play it (I think Jack Black's acting in the opening sequence is a little over done,) then sorted old magazines into stacks ready for tying. Golly gee willikers, the fun never stops.

I went to a halloween party in an abandoned house, it was pretty awesome. Unfortunately, one of my friends got really drunk (I didn't touch any alcohol) and I had to look after him for an hour to make sure he didn't choke on his own vomit. I still had a lot of fun. What did you guys do?
What about choking on someone elses vomit?

I was Lili and me and a friend carved pumpkins and went to the mall which was hella fun and I bought all this candy and touched Brutal Legend and then we wandered around her neigborhood eating candy and telling dead baby jokes to each other. IDEAL HALLOWEEN. We were dressed up the day before, too, and went to Taco Bell. Which was awesome. Unfortunately, I couldn't pay with arrowheads I made. I have way too much time on my hands :D

I was a black metal musician, with all my spikes and leather and corpse paint. Then I went to work at KFC, but they let me remain in costume. I worked the drive thru and it was ok I guess.

I had sooo much fun! My brother was a gravedigger, but I kept calling him a smurf because of his blue skin xD

Also, after trick or treating, me and my friends went down to an intersection and started directing traffic in our costumes! (I had a straightjacket, so my sleeves were flopping all over the place)

We also watched Plan 9 from Outer Space right before we went to bed at like 5 AM.

went to local anime con with friends, first time I went to a convention. it was fricken awesome. first day I met cute cat girl, later that night we made out. next day she goes for my friend. didnt care that much, i mean, that was fricken awesome!

aside from that made like 3 friends and got a bunch of sweet shit. twas awesome.

I went to a party. There was a Billy mays there. He kept yelling at us how to get our fake bloodstains out of our costumes.

Sign in to follow this