Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Leroy Octopus

Whatcha doin' for Halloween? A DFAF Thread

That's actually kinda funny. Now, if there was a weasly kind of guy in an apron squeezing a roll of toilet paper, and an old near sighted lady yelling, "Where's the beef!?", it would have been hilarious.

I was a black metal musician, with all my spikes and leather and corpse paint. Then I went to work at KFC, but they let me remain in costume. I worked the drive thru and it was ok I guess.

I couldn't stop laughing when I read that.

I have to admit that wasn't that funny, but still I just imagined him playing that song through the drive-thru speaker. Also fun fact about people here; I used to work at Dairy Queen and we could play whatever music we had, but it would flood the dinning room speakers as well as the kitchen speakers. Anyway one co-worker had on some really dirty rap stuff and it was getting a lot of complaints from the people in the dinning area (and also from me, as many of you know I am a very outspoken rap critic)so the manager told her to turn it off, and selected me to do the music that day, with only one rule that it couldn't be dirty. A thought popped into my head, and I rushed to my car and found my MP3 player. That was a good day; grillin burgers and rocking out to Slayer, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Symphony X, and a s**t-ton more. My manager got pissed, but there was nothing she could do, all the costumers were requesting the songs, even the owner of the Dairy Queen requested some Five Finger Death Punch. I felt like a metal oracle translating the ancient language of riffs and double bass to the masses. All while I was getting paid?!?!!.

wow sorry for the rambling, that just really reminded me of that small anecdote.

No complaint here. Those are the kind of stories that make us feel we are really part of history. You made a moment happen, and people will tell of it around the home fires.

I do believe that arsonists will get a kick out of.... oh wait you mean like a fire place. um never mind then.

Sign in to follow this