Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
the ass man

What was your first adventure game?

Pac-Man 2. Yes, it was an adventure game. I mostly just spent my time trying to get Pac-Man killed.
I think i remember watch my friend play that,he too was trying to kill pacman.

The Secret Of Monkey Island. Seriously. It was released before I was born, but one of the French families my family was friends with gave it to me as a gift. Unfortunately my parents sold it off in a flea market. I couldn't fully appreciate it at that time anyways, since I was a kid barely able to find out how to initiate the three trials in the game. Something about the experience stuck with me, though, and I definitely know it's the reason why I love adventure games so much.

original Legend of Zelda... my uncle gave me his old NES and a neighbor in our apertment let me borrow it... i was really young... i think this was way back in like 1st grade maybe... er im not sure that was like 1996 or 97 im not sure... The one thing that i remeber though was the glittering gold cartridge...

Oh gosh... probably Zork or Colossal Cave. Then, probably King's Quest or Bard's Tale when things started getting graphic. I started playing on a mainframe, so it was probably Colossal Cave. The first computer game I ever played was Trek, where each screen was another sheet of greenbar paper sliding out of the line printer.

Oh gosh... probably Zork or Colossal Cave. Then, probably King's Quest or Bard's Tale when things started getting graphic. I started playing on a mainframe, so it was probably Colossal Cave. The first computer game I ever played was Trek, where each screen was another sheet of greenbar paper sliding out of the line printer.

Whoa! My hat's off to you, sir. You are, in fact, quite hardcore. :coolsmile:

I did play the first Zork game, but I've hunted it down just a few years ago, when I've developed an interest in classics.

My first adventure was, I believe, either the Day of the tentacle or the Indiana Jones and the last crusade.

Man, that puts me in the nostalgic mood...

I remember how my parents used to take me with them to work, in the research institute. I used to sit there all day, playing either Xenon 2, Captain comic or other adventure games all day on one of their work pcs. I've actually learned to speak English that way. Just a lot of old school adventure games and a dictionary.

Wait, are we talking about adventure games or games in general?

No, adventure games ALOT of people here are talking about platformers.

Edit: Like piont and click.

Geez, people. A Double Fine forum should know what an adventure game is. :P

Mine was Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness. To this day it's still one of my favorite games. My uncle bought it for me when I was young (too young to play such a dark and creepy one as that.) I actually had to stop playing it because it gave me nightmares, but a few years later I started it again and absolutely loved it. The atmosphere and the characters are absolutely brilliant. It was the first time I was ever entirely engrossed in a world and with its inhabitants.

If you want to try some really old school adventures that are still available, try Excelsior from 11th Dimension. They are text and keyboard but use clever little tricks for animation, and have sound effects. The puzzles are quite clever, and there's level ups and missions all over the place. The weapons selection is rad, and the types of monsters are almost too many to list. It's good for blowing away an afternoon or evening when nothing is on the tube.

Hm... Some Pink Panda adventure game... Actually very entertaining as far as I remember (many years ago)

Uh...Finding Nemo GBA (sucked ass) or Pokemon Sapphire (epic win). I'm not sure if either counts.

Do Blinx: The Time Sweeper and Jet Set Radio Future count? Those were the first console video games I ever played ever. (I didn't get a gaming system until I got an xbox when I was 10)

Do Blinx: The Time Sweeper and Jet Set Radio Future count? Those were the first console video games I ever played ever. (I didn't get a gaming system until I got an xbox when I was 10)

Those look like platforming games by the looks of it. It's point and click adventures we're talking here, isn't it?

No, those don't count either.

How do you describe what an adventure game is to sombody that doesnt really know? I've tried a few times and it never really works Im like "Well you... know they like have you solve puzzles... but not like Portal... errr... you talk to people... um...."

Sign in to follow this