Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrQuizmo

A New Site!

I love that everything is slightly more condensed, and that cool carnival theme has been extended even further. The only bug right now is in browsing the comics.

Have to say, not the biggest fan of the new site design, it looks a bit busy and cluttered to me, and I don't think the silver/black goes well with the old orange colors. It looks as though the new bits were sort of pasted on over the old site. But the thing I'm most sad about is the fantastical tale of portfolio submission and company van/monster trucks and joy being gone from the bottom of that jobs page! I'd go there every once in a while to read it and laugh. Also on that page, certain things are censored in the new job listings that maybe shouldn't be censored.

That said, I'm sure I'll adjust! It obviously won't keep me from visiting the site.

EDIT: I went back to look at the home page and I lied, it doesn't really look cluttered, though busy, maybe yes. I think my real problem with it is that the action news is relegated to that teeny tiny box! That's the main reason I've been coming to the site all these years is to read the action news, and laugh. But now there's all this scrolling and squinting involved. Bah! Humbug!

click the button at the top that reads "news"

Hoorah the day is saved! I just need to add the little /news at the end when I type in the site from now on.

Does anyone else with 20 10 color vision find text one shade of gray on a background of another shade of gray hard to read?

Wow. I was overwhelmed when I loaded the home-page :) . My first impression was wow! My second was "good thinking" . Thumbs up from me :) !

Cool, new site designs! I like how everything is presented to you, like the comics and everything. Good Stuff!

I have to say, I'm not a fan of the gray/white/black/orange thing that's going on in the forums right now. Homepage looks nice though. Maybe change the forums back to just shades of orange? Or maybe make the background gray instead?

I don't know if this is happening to anyone else, but I'm having trouble clicking the remember me button when logging in.

I don't know if this is happening to anyone else, but I'm having trouble clicking the remember me button when logging in.

Are you drunk?

I don't get it, why doesn't it look different to me Klint? Am I not worthy?

Its probably because your avatar is that one character based off Eric Stough.

Are you drunk?

I might be. Let me check.

Shiny and stuff, but problems.

The games section doesn't work at all for me.

And the Psycho-pedia has dissapeared. D=

EDIT: Crisis averted. Psycho-pedia is up!

What happened to all the RSS feeds? The News and all the comics specifically? All mine broke in my feed reader when the news site launched :(

I notice the time warps are still happening, replies being posted before the post to which it's replying. Usually they're a couple of minutes apart.

I notice the time warps are still happening, replies being posted before the post to which it's replying. Usually they're a couple of minutes apart.
I can deal with that, as I think they're kinda cool.

I'D BUY BRUTAL LEGEND EXCEPT I DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT FREAKIN' CONSOLE. *cries*

I FEEL YOUR PAIN, MIRI. *woe* I still went to school dressed up like a metalhead though.

I FEEL YOUR PAIN, MIRI. *woe* I still went to school dressed up like a metalhead though.

Nice. I forgot that today was release day, so I didn't get to wear my awesome rocker vest thingy. Funny how I didn't remember this, but remembered a bunch of random DS game (Kirby, Pokemon...)releases...

I'm enjoying the new layout, although a forum button and classic view would be much loved!

I am um... canยดt post comments on the site . Iยดm using firefox... Any way that can be fixed ?

Keep up the awesome job on the site

Also could I suggest getting a similiar comic navigator to the old one ? So much easier to browse the comics ...

Cheers

Sign in to follow this