Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MotorMouth

how long will it be before you play online?

Ive been playing online so far and I dont think it ruined anything from the main game for me, but I havent completed the single player yet either. If you're really worried about spoiling anything, even gameplay mechanics that you learn as you go in the single player, or races/classes/types of creatures/NPCs, then you might want to get way into the single player first. It's such an awesome game though. In my case I just dabbled in both sides of the game right from the start.

Ill go online when iv'e tackled most of the single player, or completely beaten the main story. I dont like to disrupt the flow too often. Plus the single player game usually trains you in some way for the multiplayer and allows you to get a feel for it.

I'm not a competitive gamer at all, so I'm definitely gonna have to go with single player first, but I'll totally play a few rounds once I've had my fair share of the storyline.

I will go for 100% first playthrough (normal), then alternate between both multiplayer and Brutal. The response to multiplayer has been pretty damned enthuiastic thus far.

I will go for 100% first playthrough (normal), then alternate between both multiplayer and Brutal. The response to multiplayer has been pretty damned enthuiastic thus far.
Totally. I really like what DF did with multiplayer.

If it's a cable or DSL modem, you'll need ethernet or wireless, and the PS3 can handle either. If it's a dial up modem (and yeah that's possibly hardly likely) what are you doing with a dial up modem beyond email? I'd recommend getting a wireless router for your modem. It will negate the impending disaster resulting from an ethernet cable running across the living room floor. And use WPA2 security. WEP has been broken for over a year.

Sign in to follow this