Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jon Tex

a Brutal Phone Call

Just got a call from Jack Black, well a recording anyway advertising me to pick up my game tomorrow xD.

Really? Mine was just a generic over-enthused GameStop employee. When Ghostbusters came out, I got an awesome one from Dan Akroyd as Dr. Stantz that I kept on my phone. ^_^

Got the Jack Black recording. I answered " Hello? BY ODINS BEARD ITS- a recording. Crums. But AWESOME BRUTAL LEGEND COMES OUT TOMORROW"

coworkers were just watching curiously and slowly turned back around to work without saying anything.

That was easily the best pre order phone call ever. Usually you just get some dude telling you "Your game will be ready to pick up tomorrow." This one, however told me to be ready to have my face melted off.

I got the phone call though I wished I wouldnt have answered it so it wouldve gone to voice mail where I couldve saved it forever.

got the call as well, i came home from my classes today, and my dad was like " some guy called for you talking about something and trading in games or something... and then he threatened to melt you face off" i kinda stood there and looked at my dad for a while, then got the idea in my head to check the caller ID and called the number back and i got the message... Great day...

I got my call at 2PM earlier. While I was asleep. It pretty much went like this:

Me: *wakes up due to phone ringing* nghdsgds mom what do you want now? *picks up phone* Hello?

Phone: Heeeyy wassup!~ Jack Black here!

Me: ... WHAT.

Phone: I'm not really here it's just a recording.

Me: ... ffff bah okay continue on 8U

best phone call I ever received in my life

Sign in to follow this