Babbity_Rabbity

Favorite Faction?

What is your favorite faction?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite faction?

• Ironheade
    • Drowned Doom
    • Tainted Coil

Just did a doublecheck, and it is "Drowning doom" :P Not that it matters.

I haven't played Coil yet. Perhaps I should. Goth Ophelia is badass, though. I love the inky smoke.

EDIT: Oh, time warp.

DrownING Doom is my favorite, but also my worst. (I dunno)

I'm gonna work at them some more over the weekend.

But for now, you must all tremble under the force of the Tainted Coil!

I like IronHeade the best because to me they have the most character, Tainted Coil comes in close second though.

I don't like Drowning Doom because they just make the battle sooo slow and depressing. (Not that that's a turn off from the game itself, I think they did a REALLY great job with the atmosphere that Drowning Doom casts)

I like IronHeade the best because to me they have the most character, Tainted Coil comes in close second though.

I don't like Drowning Doom because they just make the battle sooo slow and depressing. (Not that that's a turn off from the game itself, I think they did a REALLY great job with the atmosphere that Drowning Doom casts)

The best part about the Drowning Doom is how they all just spout random phrases throughout the battle.

I also like Ophs's basic (A) attack more than Eddie's and Doviculus's.

I think the Drowning Doom just fits my own taste in metal better. EXTREME BLACK DEATH. Ratguts are so black metal it makes me vomit blood. Also I'm not a big fan of cars or bondage.

I'm a Tainted Coil fan for the following reasons

- TIM CURRY IS DOVICULUS

- Battle Nuns are awesome

- WarFathers and Battle Nuns make such cute couples

- Ability to summon anywhere on the field in multiplayer

- Kinky demons~

But really, I enjoy all the Factions for many reasons 8U IronHeade cause they're pretty much classic metal, and Drowning Doom because of the goth look and because the Ratguts amuse me~

Tainted Coil, primarily because the random team assigner... thing gave me them three times in a row.

THE METAL GODS HAVE SPOKEN TO ME

Drowning Doom. No contest for me I just love the look.

I eat up gothic style nomnomnom yet im not a goth by anymeans lol.

nomnomnom

I read this and then looked at your avatar and laughed.

My favorite is either Ironheade or Tainted Coil. I love the design of Drowning doom though! I espescially like the description of the grunts (I forgot their name, but the description is in the manual) "Weak when by themselves, but tend to express their individualism in very large groups" because it pokes fun at the whole goth thing.

Gameplay - Drowning Doom

Music - Ironheade

Looks - Drowning Doom. the Tainted Coil has a few awesome-looking units (Warfathers, Battle Nuns) but I think the Doom looks better overall.

Random Witty Commentary From The Troops - Drowning Doom, especially when playing against another Drowning Doom. ("You guys look ridiculous!" )

Random Witty Commentary From The Avatar - Ironheade ("Everything in that general direction must die!")

Kinkiness - Tainted Coil (Because they had to win something. :v I'm probably going to be accused of not liking the Tainted Coil. I do. I just couldn't think of a reason why.)

But probably Drowning Doom overall. Reapers and brides and demonic doll-throwing babies, oh my!

Hn, a hard choice really since I really am torn between Ironheade and Drowning Doom. Both of them have solid enjoyable themes as well as their own sense of character. True Tainted Coil does as well, but I'm not a big fan of kinky demons. Even with Tim Curry, demons aren't my thing.

If I'd have to pick, it'd be Ironheade since the game made me emotionally invested in them.

(And Yay first post, woooo, go me I can type. /Joking)

In the multiplayer practice mode you can play as all three factions so you can play as Tainted Coil. So far I've personally tested out Drowning Doom, it's made me more interested in them then I was before. Especially their bits of dialogue when Ophs gives them a command or does something that warrants reaction. 'Yes my queen' 'I will follow you forever' 'Halt the procession at once!' 'This song makes me want to kill myself'

The fact Ironheade's characters are so protective of Eddie is mostly why I find myself most fond of them out of any of the factions. They're reactions to what I do is always hilarious and unexpected.

'This song makes me want to kill myself'

It's "That song made me want to kill myself...in a good way."

:P They say it when you play a solo.

I know, even with half a quote it's still hilarious :B

I'm really digging the Drowning Doom. I love the eurotrash aesthetic and the unit designs - the Treeback is my favorite top-tier unit by a long shot. As far as play style goes, I like the fact that winning with them is all about turning the other team against itself. Possessing a powerful unit with a Frightwig or an Organist can easily turn the tide of a desperate battle. The early game strategy I've found successful has been to pump out a Bride and three or four Frightwigs. You can usually take two or three fan-geysers this way without taking heavy losses. Once I have a bit more fan-power I'll make sure I have two Brides on hand at all times and bulk up my forces with Ratguts for infantry, Lightning Rods for buildings, and Broods for vehicles, depending on what the other guy is using. Double-teaming with Brides is the key. I've won most matches by creating chaos in front of the enemy stage and then just cheesing the hell out of it with the Bride while the other guy is busy with my other units. They're definitely the god-weapon.

The Tainted Coil seems like the most powerful and versatile, but I'm also finding them the trickiest to use. In the heat of battle I'll often waste a lot of time just running around trying to find my Battle Nuns and Warfathers. Their dialogue is probably my favorite of all three factions, though, and Tim Curry is hilarious/badass. The unit interaction is awesome - it's like listening to the most disfunctional family imaginable. The down to earth, whiny voice on the Slaves kills me. "Are you listening to this guy?" The bike summon is great for tight spots, too, and once you have a couple Skullrakers on your side it's game over.

Anyone else have any useful strategies for their faction of choice?

Sign in to follow this