Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CP Bacon

Stuck at 99%? How to become a Metal God:

So you collected every Serpent, Spark Plug, Song, Mission, Vista, etc. and were surprised that your still at 99%? The stats screen shows you don't have concept arts, but it turns out you do not need them all. I got to 100% just now and am missing 1 beast concept art, 9 drowning doom arts, and 10 tainted coil arts.

The thing I needed to get to have 100%, was the concept art of Ironheade's stage, to get this, you must stand on the stage holding the mic for a total of 5 minutes, this can be done in AI practice. After having spent hours killing beasts on foot to get their arts, I did this to get the final Ironheade concept art of the Stage, then the Metal God achievement.

Well if you don't need those arts for 100 percent in single player, maybe you get them in multiplayer? that seems logical. i don't know about the creatures though.

For beasts, kill them on foot while targeting them. For Units, build that unit a number of times (summoning them over and over into the feeding pit works). For each factions stage, hold onto the mic for a total of 5 minutes.

Well if you don't need those arts for 100 percent in single player, maybe you get them in multiplayer? that seems logical. i don't know about the creatures though.

Practice Battle allows you to play the multiplayer with the computer. So you be able to get to achieve it without having gold.

For 100% completion in singleplayer stats, I suspect the Beast, Drowning Doom, and Tainted Coil concept arts are all not required. The stages you get by holding hte mic for 5 minutes total, the units you get by building that unit over and over again (into the feeding pit works), and for beasts kill that beast on foot while targeting it. Here's a list of the Ironheade concept arts in order, to see what you are missing:

Eddie Riggs

Ophelia

Lars Halford

Lita Halford

Kill Master

Mangus

Demon Eddie

Roadie

Razor Girl

Headbanger*

Thunderhog

Fire Baron

Headsplitter

Metal Beast & Zaulia

Rock Crusher

Bouncer

Megastage

(OPTIONAL)

While not needed for 100% and the metal god achievement, I had wasted a lot of time trying to get the ghost horse concept art, which does not exist. Here is a list of Beast concept arts, which can be unlocked by killing a number of them on foot while targeting them, or so it seems in my experience:

Razorfire Boar

Tollusk

Raptor Elk

Fan Leech (Story related)

Hextadon

Metal Queen/Chrom Recluse (Story related)

Sickle Wraith

Guillotar

Laser Panther

Im attempting your method now, ill edit and see if it works for me, do you need to do anything on stage or can you just stand there

In my experience you just have to stand there, it is possible there are two requirements, having stood there for 5 minutes and having upgraded it X number of times.

Ok I got off stage and i got it, I think you still need some drowing doom and tainted coil or atleast beast hunting ones for 100% cause i pretty much have everything else and im at 96%

ok well i have all serpants, songs, vistas, legens, solos, upgrades, forges, plug jumps

i have 58/83 arts

missing some creater, coil and doom

yet im at 96%

wait do i need to do all the sidequests?

AH well that explains it, well i can for one confirm your methods now ill just go finish those sidequests and post my progress.

Well after completing the last of the side missions, god there are to many ambush one couldnt they think up some more original ones like the dear chasing one, i have now joined the ranks of metal god

Does anybody know how to get the rest of the Tainted Coil and Drowning Doom art? I only have Doviculus and Ophelia, I've tried making a ton of units of a certain type, but that didn't seem to work.

Double teams don't matter, just have to produce that unit repeatedly. The easiest way is to make a Custom game at the feeding pit with no one else in it then hit start, you'll be free to capture every fan geyser and send wave after wave of whatever unit's art you need into the mouth of the pit. Only Ironheade art is needed for 100% stats.

Just when I was needing this... thanks, probably way too late.

Just because I love this song: Machiiiiiiine gun... EDDIE!!!

Sorry to double post, but wanted to add one very important note. You must actually go back into your 1P campaign save and bring up the Stats screen showing 100% to get the Cheevo. Just obtaining all the points isn't enough, you actually have to look at the screen. It is quite possible to get it without all the concept art though, I'm still 8 short.

Anyone got any tips on how to kill a Tollusk with only Ground Urchins? Seems very annoying to try and get, the Tollusk loses interest and runs away... and Eddie moves way too slow carrying an Urchin to catch it.

Anyone got any tips on how to kill a Tollusk with only Ground Urchins? Seems very annoying to try and get, the Tollusk loses interest and runs away... and Eddie moves way too slow carrying an Urchin to catch it.
Actually, the Tollusk is more like "OH GOD HE HAS AN URCHIN RUN AWAY" than just loosing interest.

As for getting the achivement/trophy thing, I cannot remember how I did it cause I have the memory span of a gnat. The main thing I can think of though is to lure the Tollusk not just only into an area with urchins, but also a small area where the Tollusk cannot run away that easily. Like put it by a wall of cliff or find a way for it to get stuck somewhere 8U

OH BY THE WAY if anyone has a PS3 and is wanting concept art for faction people, like DD of TC or IH stuff, then hit me up for a concept art grinding game. If you have Steam or Skype so we can talk back and forth at the same time while doing so, it'll make it even better~ :3c

Start a new game, go through the temple and beat the Lamprey then when you come to the main island there won't be any headbangers yet since you haven't done the Mines. There are no other characters around to mess with hitting him. Grab an Urchin and chase a Tollusk into a corner so he can't escape and throw the Urchin at him. Then when you go to get another one, he's too slow to move out of the corner yet and you can get him again and again.

This is what I did when I wanted to quickly test this achievement/trophy. Good luck!

Sign in to follow this