Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Insomnia

Bands You've Learned About Through Brutal Legend

I'm curious the bands you guys are finding out, so on this thread we will discuss bands we didn't know about, and are interested in listening to more.

For me the only band I've found is Brocas Helm, and I can't figure out if I should buy on of their albums or not (I couldn't find a review on one).

Pretty much anytime I'm on a long drive I turn on Angel Witch, never heard of 'em before and they blow my mind.

For me its killenstein... which seem to be super underground, only way I could get their album was buying it online for $10(which is a bargain! like all underground albums).

I know most of the bands but theres a few of em I never checked out throughly. Like Cradle of Flith for example.

I'm curious the bands you guys are finding out, so on this thread we will discuss bands we didn't know about, and are interested in listening to more.

For me the only band I've found is Brocas Helm, and I can't figure out if I should buy on of their albums or not (I couldn't find a review on one).

The Metal Crypt

This is where I go to find any kind of metal it has thousands of reviews and they are mostly lesser known bands and albums. They have a review of the Brocas Helm album that the songs in the game come from. I found most of the music I have now through them and the prog-archives.

I always knew of Manowar, but had never listened to them before. After hearing they're music in Brutal Legend, particularly the song "Die for Metal" I am hooked, I dig they're stuff alot now and am gonna pick up a couple album next time I make it to the music shop.

BROCAS HELM. Drink the Blood of the Priest has been stuck in my head all night.

Drink the Blood of the Priest has been stuck in my head all WEEK! What a crazy awesome song! Brocas Helm and 3 Inches of Blood were definitely unveiled to me by the good graces of Mr. Schafer.

Most of the bands in the game. Specifically, Brocas Helm. I think it's impossible to not like Cry of the Banshee.

I was never really a metal fan before BL, and even the bands I'd heard of before the game I'd never really listened to. Now I have, and I see what I have been missing.

I'm adding in another 'Most of the bands' here chime, I had never really been into metal before now. (True I had Motely Crew and Ozzy Osborne, but that's as metal as I've ever gotten. ACDC doesn't count as metal I don't think.) So I'm more or less writing down songs to buy when I get an itunes gift card once again.

All of them. I have no metal culture other than Metalocalypse and Dimmu Borgir's Progenies of a Great Apocalypse. The only album I purchased in responce to BL is Mirrorthrone's Gangrene. Here's hoping for an Official Soundtrack...

What group sings the "sea of black tears" song, when ophelia steps out of her herse car for the first time?

That's Lita Ford's new song, "Betrayal".

All of them. I have no metal culture other than Metalocalypse and Dimmu Borgir's Progenies of a Great Apocalypse. The only album I purchased in responce to BL is Mirrorthrone's Gangrene. Here's hoping for an Official Soundtrack...

Pretty weird first choice for the metal world, haha. If you want any recommendations for any of the bands you enjoyed, I'll be happy to supply them :).

Other than Candlemass, what other Doom Metal groups would yu suggest?

Tons. Doom is one of my favorite metal subgenres :)

Saint Vitus

Pagan Altar

Witchfinder General

YOB

Electric Wizard

Sleep

Kyuss

Reverend Bizarre

Kongh

Om

Those guys are definitely worth checking out, to start off, as well as more Candlemass.

What group sings the "sea of black tears" song, when ophelia steps out of her herse car for the first time?

"Betrayal" by Lita Ford, who also provides Rima's voice in the game, and was the lead guitarist of The Runaways. The lyrics of the song were apparently altered to fit the game.

As for me, the game didn't introduce any new bands, but it did get me to look further into acts like Brocas Helm, Budgie, Michael Schenker Group, and UFO.

Savatage. I can't get enough of the Hall Of The mountain King.

Fun Fact: They pretty much turned into the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I could be wrong, but I think all but one of the members of Savatage left and formed TSO.

Sign in to follow this