Double Fine Action Forums

Do you enjoy top hats?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Do you enjoy top hats?

• Yes, I think they are spiffy.
    • No, I think they obscene and arrogant.
    • I am on the fence in this issue.
    • Fezzes, anyone?

Where do you stand on the issue of top hats? Yes, no, maybe? Do you think it is the epitome of fashion or a horrible disgrace to humanity? Discuss.

Top Hats seperate the true gentlemen from the riff raff that clutter our streets and saloons with their rowdy card games and disreputable three legged races.

I own two top hats: a standard one made of felt(ish stuff), and a classy old one that actually pops up at the tap of a hand. That one's really classy. I used to wear them occasionally, but the backlash on the streets was just more trouble than it was worth. I don't blame people, because it's only natural to lash out at anything that deviates from the norm. Meh. It's a shame though. On special occasions (parties etc), I might dust them off again.

Top hats all the way, except when the more business-like bowler is required.
I agree. Anybody remember when those cheap felt Dr. Seuss striped top hats were popular? It was back when the mack-daddy made you Jump-Jump and the daddy-mack made you Jump-Jump too. Crazy times. Back on topic.. Top hats are cool even if you are so cool as to say "I don't like this topic". ;)

I am for all kinds of hats, Top Hats included. Except the really silly ones ladies often wear at Ascot, with dead vultures on them and all that.

It's sad how our society seems to be moving away from classy headgear. I once went to work wearing a bowler and people gave me the weirdest looks...

it all depends where you are.

if you were at the zoo, the top hot would scare the elephants

but if you were break-dancing, they would "whoo" many women

This really is a tough question, I'll go with the fence.

Top Hats are classy as hell, and when one wears one, they kind of radiate class in a way. A plus.

Sometimes they're too tall to let you fit into small places. A minus.

And we're back to square one. Fence me.

i was planning to buy something like a "pete doherty hat" in the last festival. unfortunately i wasn't able to purchase one. the hat of my dreams was just too small for my beautiful head! :(

Hats are my friends. I would like a top hat, so it can sit next to my ushanka on my CD player and look jolly. They can engage in hat conversations like hats do.

"Jolly good day, Sir Russian hat? How is the weather in the USSR?"

"Quite good. How is the weather in merry olde England?"

"Jolly good, pip!"

That would be amazing.

Can't we somehow combine Top Hats and Fezz hats to make some sort of super hat? With on-ramps for arms?

Usually top hats are too big for my head. And then if they fit, my ears keep knocking them off D:

fezzes ftw <3

I once wore one in a school play. Awesome hats.

What really would've finished it, was a cape. Alas, my life is cape-less, and as such, I cry. :(

Top hats are smart, elegant and sophisticated. They are not cool. There is a time and a place for such headwear, but everyday use is overly extravagant in my eyes.

In conclusion, I enjoy top hats but only in the right context.

I'm a fan of when people roll top hats down the length of their arm and then pop it back up and land it on their head.

You're a fan of mine, I see.

Tops hats not only look spiffy, but are a grand way to carry around extra items on your head, be it a home baked muffin or a jackalope!

Sign in to follow this