Sign in to follow this  
LusikkaMage

Steam Psychonauts

Dunno if anyone else has asked this yet, but I own a PC copy of Psychonauts, and apparently there's no serial # with it, so I can't activate it on my Steam account?

They're two different versions, unfortunately. But feel free to buy it through Steam to own TWO sexy copies. ;)

I already own two sexy copies (and bought two as gifts). I don't need three. o.O; Lest I had an xbox, but that's beside the point.

I don't see what's wrong with buying three sexy copies of the best game ever.

Just out of me wondering and not-being-so-smart about Steam, what advantages does a Steam copy of Psychonauts bring?

I suppose you can install and run it without disks right?

I could use a super sexy sixth copy... you know. One day.

You can't have too much Psychonauts. I wouldn't mind having, like, 10 million copies, if I could fit them in my house somehow.

Okay, but if I buy any more copies I'm gonna have to let my friends borrow 'em. Which is technically illegal, I think. Letting friends borrow games they haven't paid for... =P

Borrowing is totally cool, especially since they will probably buy their own copy of the best game evar.

The Steam version is pretty darn handy because when you are stuck at your Aunt Martha's house you can download Psychonauts and get your game on. It has saved me for many holidays.

Borrowing is totally cool, especially since they will probably buy their own copy of the best game evar.

I doubt it. If they beat it once or twice, they don't have much reason to buy it.

Okay, but if I buy any more copies I'm gonna have to let my friends borrow 'em. Which is technically illegal, I think. Letting friends borrow games they haven't paid for... =P

As long as they're not copies you made yourself, then it's just like letting someone borrow your lawnmower. ;)

As long as they're not copies you made yourself, then it's just like letting someone borrow your lawnmower. ;)

The lawnmower company sued me for that once... :'(

But I think it is technically illegal to let someone borrow your copy of the game, which is dumb. =P

Infact, I think portable cd players are illegal because they copy a portion of the song it's playing to memory (so if it gets bumped it keeps playing).

Generally speaking, EULAs have a clause forbidding subletting of the license. ;)

Portable CD players are NOT illegal. At least, not in the U.S. If they were, they would never have gotten patented.

And then iPods would be REALLY illegal. Which they're not. ;)

The lawnmower company sued me for that once... :'(

But I think it is technically illegal to let someone borrow your copy of the game, which is dumb. =P

Infact, I think portable cd players are illegal because they copy a portion of the song it's playing to memory (so if it gets bumped it keeps playing).

Letting someone borrow your game is not illegal, and even if it was, who in the hell would care? :P Cop gonna bust down your door and take you downtown? I think not. Cops don't want pirates, they want dangerous people. ;) Or people who supply the pirates. ;)

Gee, this new Steam thing that records how long you play games makes me want to buy Psychonauts for steam, because I don't really play anything else I have on steam except at LAN parties. =P

Garf, but will my backed up psychonauts saves transfer since they're different versions? :S

Because it's awsome. Need I say more?

I agree, but unless you want to play the 3 different copies on three different platforms simultaneously, I don't see the point.

Well the reason that it's not illegal is that by lending the game to someone else, you lose your ability to play it.

Which can be a bummer sometimes. :/

Gee, this new Steam thing that records how long you play games makes me want to buy Psychonauts for steam, because I don't really play anything else I have on steam except at LAN parties. =P

Garf, but will my backed up psychonauts saves transfer since they're different versions? :S

Umm, or you could just get Xfire.