Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tikara

Double Fine Action Oekaki?

What do you think about a Double Fine Action Oekaki?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about a Double Fine Action Oekaki?

• Awesome! I’d love a place to draw Double Fine art!
    • It sounds good, but it might end up being problematic. ((reasons?))
    • No way, jose. Think of all the problems it’d have.

Okay, this idea is completely based on a dream I had last night. I'm dead serious. I was drawing on a Double Fine themed oekaki board in it. When I woke up, I thought, "..why ISN'T there a Double Fine Action Oekaki?"

The idea that came in my dream is a place where you can draw Double Fine related art for everyone to see. Heck, maybe even some of the Double Fine artists would like to doodle on the oekaki as well! Even if you're not an artist, you can still comment on other people's work!

For those that don't know, an oekaki is an online drawing board that allows you to post drawing using many web based applets like PaintBBS, Shi-Painter or Chibi-Paint. From there people can comment on your drawings, and can even do collaborations. More information on what oekaki boards can are be found here. As for the type of oekaki applet used, the Wacintaki Poteto Oekaki BBS would be the best one to use I'd say, since it can easily be customized and user-friendly.

Of course there'd be some rules. These are just basic rules that would fit the most if you ask me:

1) Artwork posted should be related to Double Fine and its products, such as Psychonauts, Brütal Legend, Tim Schafer, 2HB, the online comics, etc.

2) No adult material will be posted, but the only exception will be images with blood in them ((which would be related to Brütal Legend)). Images with blood will still have to be adulted to protect people that easily faint at the site of blood. It IS a board for everyone!

3) Have fun, of course!

Opinions? Ideas? Comments? What do YOU guys think about it? I'm asking both the members of this forum and the admins if/when they read this post. I honestly think it would be nice to have a place where people can draw and comment on Double Fine art in once nice little place!

Good idea in theory, but it doesn't seem like it would be very active. We'd have two or three people posting a bunch of images and then not really anyone else.

...man, this reminds me of when I had like five oekakis that I visited regularly back when I was under the delusion that I could draw.

I think there should be a bit of blood involved in Psychonauts too...

Huh? Huh? Anyone?

Sounds interesting. A safe place to paint graffiti without worrying about cops. Kind of like that social art environment "game" available on PSN.

I would love to participate in one!

It's fun even for people who aren't masterful artists. It's amazing to see what some people can come up with with such simple tools.

I would LOVE it if such a thing existed. I love oekakis, mainly due to not having to download or upload anything and the difference in tools. It's also nice to be able to draw stuff on computers that don't have my programs on them (aka school, library, my cousin's comp, etc) and make it look nice and not have to email it to myself.

I would be 100% up for this, bromide. I haven't drawn in an oekaki in eons, but I've been wanting to recently, for some reason. I need to draw more Double Fine stuff lately anyway, and maybe such a thing would inspire me to do so.

Yay, Cee's back. *confetti*

Still in for the oekaki.

...my god, I just realized that I had been pronouncing that word wrong for the last several years of my life.

How could you pronounce it improperly? Japanese vowels only have one sound.

I know, I was pronouncing it 'o-ki-a-i' instead of 'o-e-ka-ki'.

Cool! You're dyslexic in another country's language! That's like being telepathic, but only with Russian people, so you can't understand what they're thinking.

Cool! You're dyslexic in another country's language! That's like being telepathic, but only with Russian people, so you can't understand what they're thinking.

I'm also dyslexic with numbers, and probably slightly synesthesic.

Sign in to follow this