Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RubberDucky451

Point and click for today?

What do you guys think about point and click adventure games in today's market?

Personally I'm sick of all the game being released lately, they have the gameplay and the graphics but there's no heart. I've been going through Grim and Monkey Island 2 and i found what i was missing.

I KNOW!

I've been going throught the MYST and it's so regreshing!

God I need to get Grim Fandango.

I played Myst when i was about... 6 or 8? It was so mysterious and i could never figure out any of the puzzles but i still loved it.

I guess i could say i was raised on point and click. I played almost all the humongous games, Freddie fish, pajama Sam, putt putt. That's probably why i still love them today :)

I KNOW!

I've been going throught the MYST and it's so regreshing!

I played Myst when i was about... 6 or 8? It was so mysterious and i could never figure out any of the puzzles but i still loved it.

I guess i could say i was raised on point and click. I played almost all the humongous games, Freddie fish, pajama Sam, putt putt. That's probably why i still love them today :)

What about Spy Fox?

I love all of those games. Spy Fox was my favorite. There's just no market for point and click games for people above the age of 5 today. Yes, the DFAFers would like them and so would a select few people but the industry caters to where the money is (15-25) and if they say they want more FPS than point and click, point and click goes bust. I hope it makes a return.

There are plenty of point-and-click games. Don't believe me? Check Newgrounds.

telltale not doing it for you?

I like telltale but i prefer a more simplistic 2D game. Telltale really isn't investing the kind of energy/money into their games that was put into Monkey Island 1,2,3.

There are plenty of point-and-click games. Don’t believe me? Check Newgrounds.

I'm talking mainstream stuff, although i do like indie.

Telltale Games say hello. They're probably one of my favorite developers right now. The puzzles, story, and animation is always top notch.

I love a good point and click. I find it the most fun genre if you understand you need to try to use everything with everything else to solve puzzles and to find awesome things you wouldn't think of (like the wishing well in Sam and Max Hit the Road).

Get it, it's the best game Ever! (and if you love classics humpherey bogart movies you'll get more out of the experience

Sign in to follow this