Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Katez

Questions for Tim, anyone?

Might have been a general dashboard update.
Yeah, but like I said it normally takes about 10 seconds, this one was almost a minute.

There has been a rumor that a 360 patch will enable usb flash drives to save content from the 360 with 16 gb limit, but I think you can use as many flash drives as one wishes so people that buy plenty of TV, movies, and games on Live have a new place to store older stuff. Pretty damn late in the game, wish it had been done closer to the release of the PS3 when it turned out Sony made such support compatible, but I've been good with my 20 gb hard drive. I can save all my GTAIV content on flash drives and XBLA games as well.

Also, I got a instant patch when I first ran Perfect Dark. So it could be a general update, but if it was, wouldn't it have been started the second the 360 started?

I would ask him if Brutal Legend is any different now than when it started out? By that I mean was there influence from the publisher to make it more commercial?

Wow, that's awesome.

How do you come up with your ideas? Do you just sit there and think for a while or do they just pop into your head?

How many ideas do you have to put aside to go with one of them?

Would you ever consider a different genre than adventure like, say, FPS?

Would you ever consider making games for the XBLA or PSN?

And perhaps the most taxing question of them all,

Where is the Milkman?

Keep up the great work Double Fine and Tim.

If one were theoretically interested in joining an Excellent Game Company such as (but not necessarily) Double Fine Productions, what should one who was, say, theoretically, currently in high school do to (theoretically) prepare him-or-herself for such a (theoretical) task?

What are your thoughts about the fact that Psychonauts is doing much better on the digital front than it did on the retail front?

Any hints about the next game project? :o

If train A leaves Dallas at 500 MPH at 5:02 PM heading west and train B leaves Fort Worth going east at 1000 MPH at 7:06 PM, what color are my socks?

Do you actually read the Double Fine Action Forums?

Is DFAF pronounced "D-F-A-F", "D'faff", or just "Double Fine Action Forums?"

What's your favorite level in Psychonauts?

Can you put Bacokinesis/Bacon Vision in the next Psychonauts game if you make one? (See: the Ideas for Psychic Powers thread)

I want to know who the guy from Sacrifice is. The one who joined Double Fine and helped make Brutal Legend's multiplayer.

I would ask!

Did Brutal Legend turn out the way you wanted it?

EDIT: Thats is a honest question...I really feel like the game was a WIP knitted sweater.

I would ask him if he would consider making a game in the Oddworld universe or what some of his favorite games are today.

Has anyone from the studios been in contact with DoubleFine about a Bruutal Legend (I'm sick of hunting for umlauts) feature film? The way it's been going, everything in gaming is heading toward the screen. Next up is Bioshock. Although it'll probably be called Rapture. Since BL already has a big name movie star starring in it and all. Somebody in one of those glass towers has to be considering it.

I have a question. Not necessarily for Tim himself, but a question. Several, in fact.

Has DF ever considered doing a collaboration with other game companies? Or have you guys ever been approached by another company for a collab? I know it doesn't happen alot, or when it does it doesn't turn out so good, but I'd like to know.

I know you guys over at DF are pretty open-minded about making different games of different genres, but do you think you could pull off a FPS?

Have you guys ever thought of releasing your games independently, without meddling publishers to determine the content and whatnot? Is this even possible? If not, why?

I was reading about Amazon buying woot! and found woot CEO's letter almost as funny as some Tim Schafer posts. Then I wondered, do you think that looks like success? Specifically, what is your opinion of a giant company buying a small, hip one--and allegedly hoping some of the new organelle's 'cultural' attributes will influence the larger organization?

What wouldja think if some big game maker approached Double Fine in this way? Have they? Should I do my homework before I ask questions? nah... :red:

I remain in the camp that EA sent Tim's game out to die by spending 15 million on horrid Anti-Marketing insted of...well...the actual game.

Despite an excellent demo, Blur by Bizzare Creations sold miserably. This came as a shock to me, the game is really wonderful, and the matchmaking demo really powerful. The blame is placed on the advertising, which mocked Mario Kart.

I would like to know if he had any comments on how disconnected publishers have become, selling games they did not make.

I remain in the camp that EA made the game as marketable as possible by highlighting Jack Black and the metal theme. If they were honest and said "Hey guys, here's another console RTS! You like those, right?" it would have sold even less.

I remain in the camp that EA made the game as marketable as possible by highlighting Jack Black and the metal theme. If they were honest and said "Hey guys, here's another console RTS! You like those, right?" it would have sold even less.

That's funny. I could have sworn there was a lot of action going on during all that RTS. Which was the point. Double Fine's goal was to make RTS games fun on consoles.

They worked on the multiplayer for four years and the single player for 1.5. Which part did EA advertise?

1. Honestly I don't know if I was doing it wrong, but after the first couple of matches if I tried to land and fight I would almost instantly be killed. The double teams felt kind of gimmicky and not that fun.

2. Yes, they didn't sell it with the multiplayer or core gameplay. They didn't sell it as the game it is. They sold it as the game I wanted it to be. Isn't that the point of advertising? I'm not saying I didn't enjoy it, just that it wasn't what I was hoping for and I was a bit disappointed by that.

I really wish you would stop blaming the advertising campaign, because that's not really why this game didn't perform. The salesmen did their best. You just have to admit that Double Fine (admirably?) decided to make something that by its very genre would have difficulty achieving popularity.

1. Honestly I don't know if I was doing it wrong, but after the first couple of matches if I tried to land and fight I would almost instantly be killed. The double teams felt kind of gimmicky and not that fun.

2. Yes, they didn't sell it with the multiplayer or core gameplay. They didn't sell it as the game it is. They sold it as the game I wanted it to be. Isn't that the point of advertising? I'm not saying I didn't enjoy it, just that it wasn't what I was hoping for and I was a bit disappointed by that.

I really wish you would stop blaming the advertising campaign, because that's not really why this game didn't perform. The salesmen did their best. You just have to admit that Double Fine (admirably?) decided to make something that by its very genre would have difficulty achieving popularity.

You're doing it very wrong. Tim Schafer provided the advice personally. You are not Lu Bu. The Double Teams are the most powerful attacks in the game. Slinging the axe around is an act of desperation.

1. Cast Battle Cry.

2. Double Team with something. Anything.

3. Everything dies.

To play the game most effectively you need to be on the ground with your army most of the time,

cool

mixing it up with your axe,

cool!

and your guitar,

COOL!

but most of all—using your Double Team attacks.

no. i don't want to sit on one of my unit's shoulders while he does badass things. i want to be Lu Bu. i want to sling my axe around. rawr.

no. i don't want to sit on one of my unit's shoulders while he does badass things. i want to be Lu Bu. i want to sling my axe around. rawr.

Then you have a scenario like from before Double Fine's balance patch in November: There was no point in making any infantry because the avatar (Eddie in particular) would swoop down, Face Melt them and leave, while skipping to Tier 2.

It drove A LOT of people away. It killed the online community faster than Nu killed BlazBlue.

you sound like you would be pretty cool if you weren't a little retarted fucking spammer

Dearest Tim Schafer,

What do you think of Ron Gilbert's "DeathSpank" and would you like to venture into the downloadable games genre with an original Double Fine game?

Sincerely,

Granny "Don't call me Margret, Gertrude, Edna, Ethel, or Agatha" Grunt.

you sound like you would be pretty cool if you weren't a little retarted fucking spammer

Stone b/w Glasshouse mate.

Stone b/w Glasshouse mate.

around these parts it's ok to say nasty things to spammers

not scarecrow though! never say anything even remotely nasty to him!

Does Tim keep pencils and paper clips in his beard? And rubber bands, like Captain Lou Albano?

Does Tim keep pencils and paper clips in his beard? And rubber bands, like Captain Lou Albano?

Its not really that tick is it?

Sign in to follow this