Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Motorhead

Brutal Legend is stuck at the Loading screen

Okay, I have a possible solution. This worked for me. I'm not sure if it will work for anyone else. I didn't listen to the EA Chat technician who told be to delete the file and start over. I believe the problem with the game is either 1: There is a problem with Save and Quit or 2: People are quitting the game via Play Station while it is in the middle of an auto-save. Here is what I did to solve my loading freeze problem:

1. Go to the chapter just before the end called Abomination Overdrive. It loaded fine there. You'll have to beat the game again.

2. Never go to Save and Quit. The only time I went to Save and Quit was just before it froze at the loading screen.

3. I always quit the game through the Play Station. The game automatically saves throughout the game every time you accomplish something. This is when the belt buckle icon is in the upper left corner of the screen. DO NOT quit the game through the Play Station until this icon disappears.

4. There is a possibility that the load screen froze for me because the game was quit through the Play Station while the icon was still on the screen. I'm not sure.

But I was able to collect every item which I did backwards this time, starting at the Black Tears section and ending at the Southwest Bladehenge section. There are 3 hunting expeditions, each succeeding one appearing only after the previous one is complete.

Hi all,

just wanted to state that i'm experiencing the same problem here (PS3-Version).

I got a backup of a savestate with about 98% done and I have completed pretty much everything except for two viewpoints and three serpents.

After freeing another two serpents in the 'Black Tears'-area my savestate is unusable the next time I start the game it's loading infinitely.

There is absolutely NO difference whether I quit the game via 'Save and Quit" or if i wait until autosave is done and I quit the game via the PS-Button.

I really, really hope there will be a patch soon so I can finish collecting the serpents...

Today I started another try with my usable save game.

I finished all the hunter missions and collected another viewpoint in the Southwest-Map. After i waited for the autosave to finish i tried instantly to load my save game via the in-game-menu.

Guess what? It worked! I was so excited...

Unfortuneatly when I quit the game and tried a fresh reload of my save game the problem still was there... :-(

Thought i share this with you in the hope it might help finding the bug..

Is there any news from Double Fine, Tim himself or EA?

Rabid Mammal Wax what about your 'channel'??

Just another stuck with this dreaded problem listed here, GameFAQ and gamespot forums. Stuck on loading and then PS3 reboots. It was my second playthrough once on casual on 360, then on PS3. I purchased all dlc on PS3. This was the first game I was trying to platinum and was my favorite game in 2009. I was almost there and can't bare to start from scratch and free all those serpents again.

Please take note Double Fine, this problem is real. It has nothing to do with a dirty disc or PS3 hardware from all appearances.

Please keep posting workarounds/ possible solutions here. Thanks forum.

psn:swiller

So now I'm just starting a new game on Gentile to run through real quick and get all of the campaign trophies I'm missing.

I have both DLC packs uninstalled for this next run-through. I don't expect any issues this time.

You're starting a game on non-Israelite tribes or nations in English translations of the Bible?

That's what you have to offer to this thread? Thank you, Mr. Troll. Post count +1, right? Good on 'ya.

That's Ms. Troll to you.

And it's called a joke. People with senses of humor do that a lot. Maybe you should look into getting one.

I'd like to apologize. Apparently, I should really stay off of forums when I've been drinking. I come across like an idiot.

This is my last post in this, my thread. I loved the game, got my platinum trophy, finished to 100%. I honestly hope there will be a Brutal Legend 2, but I'm not holding my breath.

I do still believe there's an issue with the PS3 version.

To anyone having this issue, my advice: Back up your problem game-save file onto a thumbdrive, I'm glad I had. I'm sure DF will come through in the end with a solution. Once they do, you'll be able to restore your save, and continue on your merry way.

Peace all.

So now I'm just starting a new game on Gentile to run through real quick and get all of the campaign trophies I'm missing.

I have both DLC packs uninstalled for this next run-through. I don't expect any issues this time.

You're starting a game on non-Israelite tribes or nations in English translations of the Bible?

That's what you have to offer to this thread? Thank you, Mr. Troll. Post count +1, right? Good on 'ya.

That's Ms. Troll to you.

And it's called a joke. People with senses of humor do that a lot. Maybe you should look into getting one.

I'd like to apologize. Apparently, I should really stay off of forums when I've been drinking. I come across like an idiot.

This is my last post in this, my thread. I loved the game, got my platinum trophy, finished to 100%. I honestly hope there will be a Brutal Legend 2, but I'm not holding my breath.

I do still believe there's an issue with the PS3 version.

To anyone having this issue, my advice: Back up your problem game-save file onto a thumbdrive, I'm glad I had. I'm sure DF will come through in the end with a solution. Once they do, you'll be able to restore your save, and continue on your merry way.

Peace all.

Apology accepted. :3

Because that's how I roll. :coolsmirk:

Today i deleted all game data from my PS3 and took the console off the internet i order to check my working-savegame without any patch.

The "Stuck at the loading screen"-Bug even appeared with the totally unpatched game.

After i installed Patch 1.02 this savegame was working again until the game autosaved the first time.

Has anyone heard something about a patch?

I'm kind of disapointed that as far as i know there is no official statement regarding the savegame problem.

Please Double Fine give as a statement regarding the problem.

If you need a savegame to check this out feel free to contact me.

PLEASE GIVE US A PATCH

Today i deleted all game data from my PS3 and took the console off the internet i order to check my working-savegame without any patch.

The "Stuck at the loading screen"-Bug even appeared with the totally unpatched game.

After i installed Patch 1.02 this savegame was working again until the game autosaved the first time.

I'm kind of disapointed that as far as i know there is no official statement regarding the savegame problem.

PLEASE GIVE US A PATCH

We are researching the issue and will post something more concrete when we have something to say on the issue. In the mean time, hang tight.

Hey there, new poster here.... I came to this forum both as a fan (who's spent all of this month loving this game) and in search for answers to this problem. Would it possibly help if I send in a corrupted file or uploaded it anywhere for the crew to get? 'Cause I have some backed up and I'd like to help.

Same thing here, i'm very disapointed i hope a fix will come soon, all i can do now is multiplayer... i wanted to finish the game before that ! Otherwise Brütal Legend is the best game i've ever played, that's why i'm so upset...

Going back from a previous chapter works... until you get stuck again ! I was lucky enough to finish the game yesterday ("only" lost 3 hours of collecting stuff), but i'm stuck again. Never used "Save and quit" option since, i thought it would help, but it didn't... Any ETA on the correction of this bug would be nice !

Okay, happened to me also, some five minutes ago. I was going to find and collect my last 8 bound serpents and 1 jump, was on 99%. With that completed, I would have 100% stats. Chapter select is not an option since I started collecting stuff only after I beat the game (and also, thanks to the stupid system it uses, it saved only my first playthrough which was on Normal). What to say...F-word!! I am NOT playng Brutal Legend again before this is fixed, it reeeealy dissapointed me. Hope to hear about solving this problem soon.

OK GUYS THEY'RE WORKING ON IT NOW STOP WHINING

Hi There,

I'm from Portugal and the same happened to me and to allot of people in the forums I usually go to. I've tried everything and I also start again and It happened again......

Is it true that a pach is on the way to solve the problem? I love the game and we are very disappointed with the situation.

Please give me feedback

Thanks in advance for your reply

PLEASE GIVE US A PATCH

We are researching the issue and will post something more concrete when we have something to say on the issue. In the mean time, hang tight.

we don't know if/when a patch will arrive

we do know double fine is researching the problem

Hello again,

If you want I could email you my save game and I bet I can other save games for your analisys.

Thanks,

PLEASE GIVE US A PATCH

we don't know if/when a patch will arrive

we do know double fine is researching the problem

Is Double Fine ignoring us all.........

I sure really hope not because we all spent a consider amount of USD's/EUR's in their software and this king of problems shouldn't happen.

Please help us solve the problem.

They're not ignoring you. It's a complicated problem they can't replicate on development machines and that only strikes randomly and not very often. That makes it very, very hard to track down and fix.

They're not ignoring you. It's a complicated problem they can't replicate on development machines and that only strikes randomly and not very often. That makes it very, very hard to track down and fix.

Then again I, like some others in this thread, offer my savegame to them which might help track the problem down.

That they're not coming back on that offer means nothing ;) They probably already have some broken files.

That they're not coming back on that offer means nothing ;) They probably already have some broken files.

Game-save files are tied to a specific PSN account. DF wouldn't be able to use the files even if they wanted to.

I imagine that they could still open the files with their development equipment and look for the line of broken code, bad syntax or comparable that has to be in there somewhere.

If they can do that, they probably have already done so and noticed that the files are garbled beyond repair and they can't just fix the problem in the loader, and furthermore, the way they are broken gives no hint as to why it's happening. I also bet they already went over their low level save code and double checked it for obvious mistakes. Twice.

Is Double Fine ignoring us all.........

I sure really hope not because we all spent a consider amount of USD's/EUR's in their software and this king of problems shouldn't happen.

Please help us solve the problem.

We are not ignoring you guys. We read these forums and look into issues you guys state. Again, we don't want to say anything prematurely but we are researching the issue. We will post something when we have something more concrete to say. Thanks to you guys for your patience who are experiencing this issue.

Hi!

I am from Brazil and I've just had the loading problem on the PS3 version while I was already at 94%. I feel pretty bad about having to give up on a great game as I don't have all this free time to spare starting all over again.

Anyway, I'll just make sure everybody I told about this game wait for an official patch or try some other game instead.

I'll check back often to see if there's anything official about it.

Same happened to me now too.

I had 90% and couldn´t load my save anymore. I was able to load an earlier chapter and continue the game (at 55%...). Last night i collected everything, all i needed were the last 2 upgrades for the devil. On my way to buy those things and get the 100% i got stuck at a rock and had to quit/save the game. Now i got 99% and can´t continue... again...

Hi,

i got 1 question. I know you try to fix this bug and work on a patch. But... if you fix this problem, is it possible to use my old "broken" savegame again or will it only be a fix for that bug?