Sign in to follow this  
Nice Cup of Tea

OTHER comics (HEAVENS NO!)

I think it's all about orangepoof.smackjeeves.com and his wacky adventures

(spoilers I'm Orange Poof)

Thank you for those links to the other web comics, Nice Cup of Tea. I haven't checked out any beyond DFAC and some of the Penny Arcade ones so now I have more to look at. If I run across any cool ones, I'll post them.

Only webcomics I try to check out with some regularity besides DFAC are Perry Bible Fellowship, Sam & Max (Though sadly neither of these update very often) and Daily Dinosaur Comic. Every once in a while I visit Gunnerkrigg Court, Bigger than Cheese and Wonderella as well.

I read Girl Genius, Dominic Deegan, Questionable Content, Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal, Digger, Wondermark, and A Softer World, as well as a couple already mentioned. (It's possible I read too many webcomics. Probable, even.)

This thread should probably be in the off-topic section, since, you know, it's off topic and all.

But while I am here, I will also plug Errant Story by Michael Poe. Complete with elves, sorcery, heresy, and a black winged cat whose sardonic witticism outwits all. Or generally just annoys. It is my top favourite comic strip other than my old original favourite, Sinfest.

This thread should probably be in the off-topic section, since, you know, it's off topic and all.

Nah, it is talk about other online comics which coincides with Double Fine Action Comics in comparision to Double Fine Action Comics as the thread starter stated. Besides, if it didn't belong here an admin would've moved it. Thanks anyways!

I just caught up on the four issues of the Back to the Future: Untold Tales and Alternate Timelines comics that are available so far. I'm a huge Back to the Future fan, so these are really fun for me, as they are co-written by Bob Gale (the co-writer of the films) and tell stories that fill in some of the blanks from the films.

The premise is that Doc is in the 1890s telling his sons about his travels through time. The 1890s are the framing setting for the first of the two stories in each issue. These are actually interesting in themselves, as they show Doc and Clara building the time train that they'll arrive in at the end of the third film.

The comic stories themselves tell some really interesting stories, such as how Doc and Marty first met, how Doc got his knowledge about nuclear energy, how the Brown family mansion burned down in the 1960s, what the flux capacitor does and why it is so important to time travel, how Doc first got the DeLorean and the pinball parts that he gave to the Libyan terrorists in the first film, what happened to George and Lorraine after Marty left 1955, how the time circuits became so glitched by the end of the second film, how Marty and Jennifer got together, and where Doc went when he went into the future and how he was able to get the money suitcase (the last story is my favorite so far).

It was originally a four issue miniseries, but it's since been extended to an ongoing monthly series due to its popularity. I really can't wait to see what's in future issues, as it's been *really* good so far.

Oh, and the latest issue has something cool for fans of Telltale's Back to the Future: The Game. Doc goes back to 1938, and Courthouse Square is as Telltale designed it, with the band rotunda in the middle, and the store fronts that they show are on the same side of Courthouse Square as that used in Telltale's game too - so we see the same view that we saw in the game, with a few changes as it's 7 years later. That was a neat little callback that was really neat to see (and really helps give everything a feeling like it's all connected).

bhjdif.png

It was originally a four issue miniseries, but it's since been extended to an ongoing monthly series due to its popularity. I really can't wait to see what's in future issues, as it's been *really* good so far.

I haven't enjoyed these at all, so I might have to cancel my subscription if they're doing any more!

(Also, for anyone confused, these aren't webcomics, they're comics that are being sold digitally as well as print.)

The only two webcomics I read with any regularity (IE: catch up on every couple of weeks) are Something Positive (very NSFW) and Questionable Content.

I'll also catch up on Darths and Droids every six months or so. Fun if you're a Star Wars fan, not as much if you aren't (but still fun to a point).