Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Insomnia

What Is Your Favorite Tim Schafer Game?

What Is Your Favorite Tim Schafer Game?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What Is Your Favorite Tim Schafer Game?

• The Secret of Monkey Island
    • Monkey Island 2: Lechuck's Revenge
    • Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
    • Full Throttle
    • Grim Fandango
    • Psychonauts
    • Brutal Legend

I can't remember us ever discussing this so I just decided to make it. Sorry if it's been done before.

Mine would have to be Psychonauts. All of the other games that I've played there wasn't that many secret things, but when I play Psychonauts (14 times) I always find at least one new thing. Even cheating reveals hilarious things that are impossible to find without cheating. Also, the game had some of the best minor characters I've seen in any game. Every camper is a better character than the main character in most video games.

wow 14 times

i played psychonauts twice, and the second time i got 100% completion (which i almost never do)

I've played it way too much. For pretty much three years I played it when I had nothing else to play (I also bought it three times). I find barely any of the main jokes funny anymore.

I got to 98% completion in Psychonauts once.

Then I lost the save file because my computer is stupid. ;_;

I saw the 100% completion vid thing on youtube though so it's all good.

Psychonauts for sure. Of course I'm not biased because I've only played the Double Fine ones. Don't be crazy.

I do think I'd really like the Monkey Island games considering how obsessed I am with pirates. But I'm even more obsessed with Psychology, so I'm sure I'd still love Psychonauts the most.

I voted for The Secret of Monkey Island just because no one else did.
Damn, I should've done that. Anyway, I choose Brutal Legend as my favorite, but everything he touches turns into gold. Must make home life difficult.

Psychonauts for sure. Of course I'm not biased because I've only played the Double Fine ones. Don't be crazy.

I do think I'd really like the Monkey Island games considering how obsessed I am with pirates. But I'm even more obsessed with Psychology, so I'm sure I'd still love Psychonauts the most.

DID YOU EVER GF!?

I voted for The Secret of Monkey Island just because no one else did.
I know, I wish I voted for Full Throttle even though it isn't my favorite.

DID YOU EVER GF!?

wut.

edit: oh, you mean like, have I played Grim Fandango? No. As good as it looks, I'm sure psychonauts would still be my favorite, though.

DID YOU EVER GF!?

wut.

edit: oh, you mean like, have I played Grim Fandango? No. As good as it looks, I'm sure psychonauts would still be my favorite, though.

If you play it it will change your mind.

Brutal Legend due to the fact that I've only been beaten in multiplayer 6 times.

I still love Psychonauts.... maybe more that Brutal Legend.

Edit: No, I don't disconnect.

It kind of makes me sad that so few have voted for Grim Fandango. It's not only my favorite of Tim's games, but my favorite game ever made. Don't get me wrong, I love all of Tim's work, but nothing has ever pulled me in quite as much as Grim.

It kind of makes me sad that so few have voted for Grim Fandango. It's not only my favorite of Tim's games, but my favorite game ever made. Don't get me wrong, I love all of Tim's work, but nothing has ever pulled me in quite as much as Grim.
I know right?

As much as I love Psychonauts, Brutal Legend, and so many of these games, I have to say Grim Fandango is not only the best of them, but the best game I have EVER played.

Grim's mah second favorite game ever made but there is just something i really love about psychonauts
I'm having a fanboygasam

Edit: And its the bad kind

you have your opinion, i have mine. keep it at that and don't try to convince me that "grim fandango is the best game ever" i've played grim, and i loved it, but theres just something special about psychonauts that clicked with me.

you have your opinion, i have mine. keep it at that and don't try to convince me that "grim fandango is the best game ever" i've played grim, and i loved it, but theres just something special about psychonauts that clicked with me.
0_0 never

For real. I'd love to play Grim Fandango and I'm sure I'd love it, but being as obsessed with psychology and the human mind as I am, Psychonauts is always gonna do a little something extra for me.

For real. I'd love to play Grim Fandango and I'm sure I'd love it, but being as obsessed with psychology and the human mind as I am, Psychonauts is always gonna do a little something extra for me.
I too am obsessed with psychology, and I bet you'll love it more than P-nauts. ( Then again, my love for the movies that GF is inspired by could be a factor in it too)

I can't remember us ever discussing this so I just decided to make it. Sorry if it's been done before.

Mine would have to be Psychonauts. All of the other games that I've played there wasn't that many secret things, but when I play Psychonauts (14 times) I always find at least one new thing. Even cheating reveals hilarious things that are impossible to find without cheating. Also, the game had some of the best minor characters I've seen in any game. Every camper is a better character than the main character in most video games.

brutal legend. i liked phsyconauts, and i mean ALLOT it. but the vvorld of brutal legend is just something i really LOVED. its too bed though. so far theres no sign of any single player dlc ever coming out.

Sign in to follow this