Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Insomnia

What Is Your Favorite Tim Schafer Game?

What Is Your Favorite Tim Schafer Game?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What Is Your Favorite Tim Schafer Game?

• The Secret of Monkey Island
    • Monkey Island 2: Lechuck's Revenge
    • Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
    • Full Throttle
    • Grim Fandango
    • Psychonauts
    • Brutal Legend

Psychonauts, obviously.

Seeing as how I somehow managed to not play any of his other games.

Buy The Secret of Monkey Island then! His other Lucasarts games are hard to find, and Brutal Legend honestly doesn't feel like a complete game.

Apparently love for Grim Fandango is not, in fact, for the living.

Sorry, I had to.

Psychonauts is my favorite game of all time and grim fandango is my second favorite. I replayed grim fandango and really really got into it again, I'm unsure now which is better but I think I should still say psychonauts. Purely because psychonauts

changed how I felt about games. I don't even get interested in the same games anymore.

As much as I love Brutal Legend, Grim Fandango, and Day of the Tentacle, I'd have to say Psychonauts is my favorite. Never played any of the other Tim Schafer games though.

now do that again, but make it about 10 times bigger and on the side of your mom's house

No way. It's going on the side of MY house. :vampire:

now do that again, but make it about 10 times bigger and on the side of your mom's house

No way. It's going on the side of MY house. :vampire:

No, it's going on the side of MY house!

I actually have not played any of the games other than Psychonauts haha, so it's difficult for me to judge properly.

I obsessively look for strategy and puzzle games rather than adventure games, so perhaps that's why I am yet to get my hands on any of the other games but "Grim Fandango" certainly sparked my interest when I first found out about it.

But yes, Psychonauts is certainly an excellent game. I really appreciated the vast amount of things you can explore there, not just in the environment but with the characters as well. You can spent hours and hours finding just more and more details. Through Psychonauts, I think I was finally able to understand the true charm of the adventure games.

Psychonauts is quite the exception, boxoid. It is difficult to find anything else with which to compare it. Even Yahtzee who hates everything except maybe Rebecca Mays wants to disfigure people who haven't played Psychonauts.

Sign in to follow this