Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
the_lurker

I DEMAND AN ARENA MULTIPLAYER MODE

A MULTIPLAYER MODE DESIGNED FOR AVATAR BATTLES! IT WOULD BE AMAZING! YOU COULD HAVE TEAMS! YOU COULD FULLY SAVOR YOUR SLOW-MOTION KILLS AND FOCUS ON THE TASK-KICKING AT HAND! I WON'T STOP TYPING IN CAPS BECAUSE THIS IDEA PLEASES ME SO MUCH I FEEL A NEED TO EXPRESS IT!

A MULTIPLAYER MODE DESIGNED FOR AVATAR BATTLES! IT WOULD BE AMAZING! YOU COULD HAVE TEAMS! YOU COULD FULLY SAVOR YOUR SLOW-MOTION KILLS AND FOCUS ON THE TASK-KICKING AT HAND! I WON'T STOP TYPING IN CAPS BECAUSE THIS IDEA PLEASES ME SO MUCH I FEEL A NEED TO EXPRESS IT!

Okay, it's clear you don't like the RTS battles. I think I can help.

1. If you remove the awesome Action/RTS hybrid events, you have Nintey Nine Nights or Dynasty Warriors.

2. Go play that instead. You'll be bored in one hour.

3. Go back to Brutal Legend.

1. If you remove the awesome Action/RTS hybrid events, you have Nintey Nine Nights or Dynasty Warriors.

I never made it clear that I don't like the RTS battles. I love the RTS battles. I would just love an extra Arena skirmish gamemode to hone my battle skills against other players.

I never made it clear that I don't like the RTS battles. I love the RTS battles. I would just love an extra Arena skirmish gamemode to hone my battle skills against other players.

Oh, sorry to lump you in with the idiots who say that stuff.

Now before an arena battle mode, avatar combat itself needs to diversity. At the moment, all the avatars are exactly the same. Another Action RTS is Guilty Gear 2. It's simply not as good as Brutal Legend, but it has superior avatar combat in the middle of commanding your troops. Watch a few videos of that.

You'll see it's got vertical and horizontal slashes, rolls, blocks, dashes, air dashes and juggles. The problem is that the avatars are so godly that the combat ends up like Dynasty Warriors. Your avatar doing long combos with enemies bouncing all over the place.

Imagine Eddie doing an infinite air combo on a Skull Raker, and that's Sol Badguy doing a combo on a gigantic Armored unit. There's no risk!

Haha. Multiplayer avatar battling sucks.

Funny joke though.

AAAAXB x 3 and the battle is over.

AAAAXB x 3 and the battle is over.

I would love this.

??

You can do this combo, and it's unbreakable and inescapable.

EDIT: Unless you aren't talking about an avatar on avatar battle, but rather a battle against constant waves of enemies.

In the context of engine rape, I've heard of people abusing the game as a racing game before. I have to say, that idea at least bears some potential, given all the vehicles.

I am frankly suprised they didnt include more multiplayer modes, like racing or what have you, NOT TO MENTION MATCH MAKING FOR 2v2!!!

The only two gameplay modes I want to see are racing and an attack and defend type thing where one player has to attack another's stage, and if he destroys it in 20 minutes or so he wins.

The only two gameplay modes I want to see are racing and an attack and defend type thing where one player has to attack another's stage, and if he destroys it in 20 minutes or so he wins.

Attackers would ALWAYS be Coil.

Drowning Doom would do a fine job defending against the Coil. Their debuffers could easily rip apart the enemies unless there are a lot of Screamwagons. Which would make the attacking force smaller again making it easier to win.

Sign in to follow this