Sign in to follow this  
Goldwolf

Other Mental Maladies that would make for Cool Worlds

Sure, everyone probably has an interesting mind, but in Psychonauts it's the character's dysfunctions that add that certain twistedness to their worlds.

The Coach is troubled by his childhood.

Gloria is bi-polar.

Fred has multiple personality disorder (or maybe some kind of memory displacement?)

And Boyd is definitely in some serious paranoia.

So then, what other problems would make for cool worlds? Maybe ones that you think would be awesome in a Psychonauts 2.

...Maybe your mental problems?

I know that I'm prettymuch unable to finish anything I start, so my mind is still in beta-testing. Watch your step!

Depression would be pretty interesting. Everything would be dull and bleak and be enough to give anyone a bad case of the grumps. There'd probably be some sort of meter that decreased when you weren't in any sort of "safe area", and you got kicked out if it went down to zero.

Psychopathy would be interesting, but no doubt it'd give the game an 18 certificate rating

I think Boyd was Paranoid Schizofranic. (Oh, yes! I did just go by the term I learned in psychology! Booyah!)

Depression would definatly be intresting. I was wondering what that may be like.

And instead of ADD.. what about... ADHD?! Would that be like the ADD theory, but even worse or something?

I think it would be cool to explore the mind of someone with quadraphenia.

Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder.

Dyslexia (to the max).

Hypochondria.

Completely and utterly self-absorbed.

Also interesting: entering the mind of someone currently under the influence of any of the following:

LSD.

'Shrooms.

Blow.

Al-Kee-Hall

Way too many energy drinks.

Definitely not my mind. Being that I'm female and all. The mood swings and constant chattering is near enough to drive _me_ insane. =P

Depression would definitely be an interesting concept to play around with. Maybe everything is like a black and white, silent film or something with sad string arrangements playing in the background. Maybe the object is to bring color back to it somehow.

Maybe going into the mind of a sociopath where he has his guilt locked up in a cell or something and you need to bust him out. I dunno, just shooting ideas out there.

Still think "Virtual World Addiction" would be perfect. I've stated my ideas for this "Malady" elsewhere.

it would be cool if there was a secret level/area where you go and you are in the doublefine productions building and you can go into Tim Schafer's mind and all the staff, wouldn't that be interesting?!? ^___^ and ADHD.....well i have it so.....TO: ApplePop, you would go insane if u go into my mind. ^___^ (you know not of my nightamares....dundundun~~)

perhaps a (looks at health notes) phobia mind?

OR go into the minds of mental orientations....LIKE THE G-MEN!!!!!!!

....for [M] rated..... a perverts.....(AAAAAAAAAAAgh)

or an oppositional personality disorder? or a "2 minded"person???

Entering the mind of an infant could be interesting. Age 3 and under, due to the fact children of that age remember nothing of their lives up until that point. It could be a coagulation of everything. Mirth, Nightmares, Ideas and new experiences. Perhaps areas of the levels vanishing as the child's mind darts from one place to the next.

Perhaps hopping into the mind of one who lies in a comatic state. Someone who is just living a normal day-to-day life with beasts terrorizing the neighbourhood.

I'd also like to enter the mind of something mythical- like a god, or beast of legend. Such as a werewolf/vampire/Jekyll and Hyde etc. In the werewolf level you could be constantly fleeing for your life through villages and woodlands before the wolf takes hold. A vampire could simply be trying to satisfy their desire for blood with a more ''sociable'' substitute. As for Hyde, that would be relatively easy to do- just have two opposing worlds that are constantly battling for control.

I would pay to enter the mind of a pirate, but that may just be me. ;#

it would be cool if there was a secret level/area where you go and you are in the doublefine productions building and you can go into Tim Schafer's mind and all the staff, wouldn't that be interesting?!? ^___^ and ADHD.....well i have it so.....TO: ApplePop, you would go insane if u go into my mind. ^___^ (you know not of my nightamares....dundundun~~)

perhaps a (looks at health notes) phobia mind?

OR go into the minds of mental orientations....LIKE THE G-MEN!!!!!!!

....for [M] rated..... a perverts.....(AAAAAAAAAAAgh)

or an oppositional personality disorder? or a "2 minded"person???

That would be pretty damn epic to go to the Double Fine building. I think our heads would explode from the greatness of Mr. Schafer's mind though.

And you would be more insane in mine, Absent! HAHAHAHA! I need to tell you more about the dreams I have to prove it. Like that one involving a hang glider, a billboard, 6 of the world's finest cheeses, and Sean Conery.

And when you say perverts, you don't mean a certain someone with a certain shiny head, do you? (Just so you all know, it's a scary inside joke between us and other people from our school. Seriously, it'd make you cry if you knew who we're talking about.)

That would be pretty damn epic to go to the Double Fine building. I think our heads would explode from the greatness of Mr. Schafer's mind though.

The OLD DF building perhaps? There would be even more of those darn rats than in the towers!!

The OLD DF building perhaps? There would be even more of those darn rats than in the towers!!

Oh no...! Not the exploding confusion rats! I already have too many of those running around in my friggin' attick! I'll go up there and they charge me and explode. I really need to do something about that...

ADHD: Attention Deficit Disorder plus hyperactivity

Hypochondria: excessive fear of pathogens and danger

Depression: uhh ... being depressed.

Dysmorphobia (imagined ugliness syndrome): being overly nitpicky abot ones appearance, to the point of anguish and suicidal tendencies.

OCD (obsessive compulsive): obsessing over petty details to the point that 'rituals' form.

Claustrophobia: fear of small spaces.

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: I think we all have a good handle on this.

Capgras Delusion Syndrome: When one beleives a loved one or close friend/etc. has been replaced by an imposter.

Munchausen: Faking illness for attention and leniency.

Dependant Personality: The overly clingy, obessesive type.

We could probably work around that. I'm still working on possibilities ... and yes, these are all valid mental disorders.

Would OCD have you replaying certain parts of the level exactly the same way each time?

Would OCD have you replaying certain parts of the level exactly the same way each time?

No, you'd just make the subject a nervous wreck if you moved a single thing out of place, or forgot to blink thee times before you turn a doorknob, or...

And when you say perverts, you don't mean a certain someone with a certain shiny head, do you? (Just so you all know, it's a scary inside joke between us and other people from our school. Seriously, it'd make you cry if you knew who we're talking about.)

^by apple pop

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhh!! nooo the intercom!! SHUT UP YOU DEVIL SQUARE!!!!!! ...(snore ....bunnies.....snore...retainer..snooooozz)

....i would like to go into the mind of a dog or animal.....or a darlek......i could see a devil child.....(grudge or ring) happly dancing around in bloody puddles and laughing.......0.0 the horror!!!!(ring around the rosie~~~) or the mind of a religious cult member, an outragious cult though ....maybe? maybe ihave gone too far.....well, to each their own....(says as she types with ds stylis hanging out if mouth like a toothpick)* i have been symotaniously playing phantom hourglass while doing homework/reading up on double fine posts*

Having trouble quoting, possibly?

I mean... the rest of us sure don't seem to, heh heh ho...

Do I detect the formation of a secondary quote pyramid?

Do I detect the formation of a secondary quote pyramid?

*shifty eyes*

... no.

Hmm, someone with OCD would be very interesting, but thats already said so damn and I'm out of ideas.

^by apple pop

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhh!! nooo the intercom!! SHUT UP YOU DEVIL SQUARE!!!!!! ...(snore ....bunnies.....snore...retainer..snooooozz)

....i would like to go into the mind of a dog or animal.....or a darlek......i could see a devil child.....(grudge or ring) happly dancing around in bloody puddles and laughing.......0.0 the horror!!!!(ring around the rosie~~~) or the mind of a religious cult member, an outragious cult though ....maybe? maybe ihave gone too far.....well, to each their own....(says as she types with ds stylis hanging out if mouth like a toothpick)* i have been symotaniously playing phantom hourglass while doing homework/reading up on double fine posts*

Oh, snaps. Deathly quoting issues....

Good lord, now I want to see the inside of your head. Your house is pretty scary too. I don't know. Would it be like that or more frightening? Would there be mythical creatures instead of people playing Halo 3? Would there be moon rovers? Would there be a living organic mail truck? Find out all these answers and more on the next episode!

well, there would be no halo 3 playing but my mind would be total chaos( you saw my room right? that was on a VERY good day) and i would have living mail trucks with my nightmares being the most horrifying things due to my slight paranoia of everything.....hehehe....I'm very paranoid.......my imagination would kill me if i let it......^_^U instead of halo 3 it would be the orange box(portal).....*dododo do di do do ~~~YOU ARE A PIRATE~~*

No, YOU are a pirate! I am clearly that box that was floating on the sea, pretending to be a ship!!

what about mental retardation?

you make the guy smarter by defeating his fears

Hah hah, or maybe a sane man you make worse if you make some incorrect decisions!

Totally need to go in the mind of a Serial murderer. "What was he thinking when he killed her." "He probably just wanted the attention of h"[bang].. Keels over, Dies.