Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kim_roberts_uk

Opinions on the BEST/WORST adventure games

Hey guys!

I am currently at University and I am going to make a point and click adventure game for one of my units. I'm currently in the process of creating the concept art and wanted to collect opinions on adventure games to help me in my project. Feel free to go into as much detail as possible! The more the better!

What is your favourite point and click adventure game? Why?

Which game do you think has the most appealing artwork? Why?

Which game do you dislike the artwork of the most? Why?

Are there any point and click adventure games where you get very lost into the world created? Why do you think this happened?

Which game do you think had the most impressive scenery/environments? Why?

Who is your favourite point and click adventure game character? Why?

Which character do you dislike the most? Why?

Which character do you think is most "stylish"? Why?

What are you dying to see in a point and click game? Why?

Thank you very much to those who contribute, I really appreciate it :)

Uh...first off; maybe this would've gone over better in the 'topics outside of Double Fine' section.

But anyway, Sam and Max, definately.

It's actually pretty self-explanitory.

Nah, it should be in the "Games of Yore" forum. And to answer your questions:

1. The Secret of Monkey Island, it's very original and hilarious. What point and clicks were good at.

2. Full Throttle, it's very welcoming and friendly while retaining the biker feel. Also, Loom feels weird and mysterious so that deserves an honorable mention.

3. Myst took the realistic approach that happens in every genre. I never like it especially not in a cartoonish genre.

4. No.

5. Hmm, a hard one. I'll give it to the Banjo Kazooie games if you mean any game they were varied and awesome, or if you mean a point and click I'll give it to Sam and Max Hit the Road it's bizarre and awesome.

6. Hoagie, he cracked me up throughout Day of the Tentacle through his stupid roadie personality.

7. I hated the main character in Beneath a Steel Sky. He had no personality. Loved the game though.

8. Ben from Full Throttle. The first thing you do in the game is punch your way out of a dumpster. Then go to kick in a door. Now that's style!

9. Tim Schafer style humor to reemerge in the genre. Dave Grossman is flourishing, Tim's humor could easily succeed.

Thank you very much for you response, Insomnia! You've been a great help with my coursework!

Sorry I posted it in the wrong place. How do I move it? I'm not used to this forum....

Or should I just delete it from here and repost it in the right place?

Thank you very much for you response, Insomnia! You've been a great help with my coursework!

Sorry I posted it in the wrong place. How do I move it? I'm not used to this forum....

Or should I just delete it from here and repost it in the right place?

Don't worry, you can just copy-paste your original post into a new topic in either forum.

Happy answer seeking!

Sign in to follow this