Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TwiceSliced

Interesting Psychonauts tweet from Tim...

@TimOfLegend I loved Psychonauts...except for the uber-hard ending (10:35 AM Mar 13th)

@flynnofilm fixing that. (2:21 PM Mar 13th in reply to flynnofilm)

Interesting, no? Work still being done on Psychonauts?

Did it happen to say what year those messages were from? Or maybe it was a side reference, e.g. "we're fixing that [in the new game we're working on]" which probably has as much to do with Psychonauts as Brutal Legend.

Although, they did recently tack a new ending on to Portal.

Do people really find the Meat Circus that hard? It wasn't that bad.

The only hard part in the level was when the circus was flooding and you had to jump to the areas that curved around. Other than that, it's not that hard.

That and the part where you're grinding on the rails and you fall instead of jumping to the next section ... and the first butcher fight ... and the part where you have to protect Li'l Oly (retarded little masochist) ... and the second butcher fight. But other than that it was pretty easy.

I thought the whole thing was pretty easy. I only had any difficulties at first because I was freaked out because of all the hype. It really wan't that hard.

I wasn't a really serious gamer before Psychonauts. I'd played a few games but rarely got interested enough to continue playing. I'm talking way back to Iron Helix and even the first Flight Simulator. Psychonauts was hard because, for a newbie, it is hard. The spiral burning fence ticked me off so much I almost put my controller right through my laptop. It's a good thing Toshiba makes a tough case. Now that I've practiced a bit (read: played obsessively for weeks on end) games don't really bother me any more. Except when I turn a corner and find myself face to face with a Big Daddy. Oh 541+!

I dont find the meat circus hard its just, not really very fun

True, I remember thinking that as I played through it. None of the other levels were quite as frustrating.

Did it happen to say what year those messages were from? Or maybe it was a side reference, e.g. "we're fixing that [in the new game we're working on]" which probably has as much to do with Psychonauts as Brutal Legend.

Although, they did recently tack a new ending on to Portal.

They are both from 2010, and while I suppose Tim's response may have been in reference to a new game, it could just as likely be a reference to a bugfix/update for the XBOX Originals and Steam releases. The simple fact of the matter is that this was a direct, two-line conversation over Twitter; we're not missing any context in my above quote... Speculate away.

Regarding the meat circus, while it certainly wasn't impossible, it was reasonably challenging considering what a drastic departure it is from the rest of the game.

Do people really find the Meat Circus that hard? It wasn't that bad.

Just the protect Olly part was tough to me, mostly cause I hate the protect-the-civilian-with-a-death-wish in any game. I always got stuck on the second knife-thrower wheel, and regardless of how well I placed the knife on the wheel and how good of jump I took, I'd always miss the platform. Always. Eventually, the game goofed or something, and after I fell for the hundridth time, it put me onto the platform, and the rest I got through pretty easy.

Crazy, out there theory that will just inspire hatred from everyone: They're doing a sequel to Psychonauts.

To catch up with the story you have the option to play key moments of the original Psychonauts. They're fixing Meat Circus because you have to replay it.

Crazy, out there theory that will just inspire hatred from everyone: They're doing a sequel to Psychonauts.

To catch up with the story you have the option to play key moments of the original Psychonauts. They're fixing Meat Circus because you have to replay it.

That is crazy, if they were gonna release a whole new game for the market and go so far as to recreate that level, my money would be on some kind of HD remake for psychonauts, making the camp one seamless open environment with maybe some new crazy people in the asylum.

Maybe he just heard so many complaints from fans that he wanted to make it better.

Kinda cynical, I know.

Sign in to follow this