Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gridsleep

What's next?

What's the next DoubleFine game? We know you're already working on it. Come on, give us a hint.

Come on. Just tell us if it's a sequel or a new game. Watch your die hard fans go completely nuts with anticipation as a result.

Tim once said he likes to make his games the opposite of what he worked on last (I believe in the Game Informer article). So it's safe to assume this is going to be a game based on toddlers who must learn the values of kindness.

Chances are they're either going to make something that is somehow related to Psychonauts (BUT not a sequal), or in space.

Something like that.

they should make a game where the protagonist wields the power of nonviolent protest

That sounds very boring, and not really inventive, since I think it will pretty much be a game about writing letters to your senator.

p-nauts II is a dream of mine, but i doubt it will happen so...

i would love to see how much farther tim could delve into the rpg realm. i think i nice western rpg with DF humour would make my life complete.

p-nauts II is a dream of mine, but i doubt it will happen so...

i would love to see how much farther tim could delve into the rpg realm. i think i nice western rpg with DF humour would make my life complete.

With Scott's art style, that would be epic.

HELL YES. Being an RPG fan, that sounds like the best thing since sliced toast!

I'd love to see an adventure game in the play style of Heavy Rain but with DF's humor.

You mean, sort of like a Terry Gilliam cartoon?

they should make a game where the protagonist wields the power of nonviolent protest

Yes! It could be about a lawyer from Mumbai who brings peace to every country he passes through using the power of hemp and reggae. It could be called... Ghanji!

They should take a break from high money stakes games and make a few short simple but DF style games and release them on steam or something

They should take a break from high money stakes games and make a few short simple but DF style games and release them on steam or something

Maybe, maybe.

A few small games (Grim Fandango-esque, I hope) to build up for the GRAND FINALE; one of the most epic games the world has ever seen.

Maybe, maybe.

A few small games (Grim Fandango-esque, I hope) to build up for the GRAND FINALE; one of the most epic games the world has ever seen.

I'd even love to see episodic content. They should do a game modeled like a TV series like the kind of thing Alan Wake is going for.

Any mention of episodic content makes me want Episode Three even more. Either Valve is being neglecting to their main series, or this is the best marketing strategy ever. Sorry this was so off topic, but I had to say it.

I would really like to see someting like Full Throttle again. I doubt this dream ever will be within a range of demensions but one can allways hope for the coffee to get hot within the Thermoss:D

Tim Schafer: The Biographical Video Game.

YES. THIS.

It could be filled with his grand life story of slaying monsters, drinking coffee, and meditating in the Himalayas. It could also be explained how he is a powerful psychic heavy-metal enthusiast who owns a car exactly like the deuce, thus the inspiration of psychonauts and brutal legend. It would also have the heartbreaking story of the curse that transformed him into a man-baby.

Tim Schafer: The Biographical Video Game.

YES. THIS.

It could be filled with his grand life story of slaying monsters, drinking coffee, and meditating in the Himalayas. It could also be explained how he is a powerful psychic heavy-metal enthusiast who owns a car exactly like the deuce, thus the inspiration of psychonauts and brutal legend. It would also have the heartbreaking story of the curse that transformed him into a man-baby.

I agree, that also sounds kinda awesome.

When people talk about Tim Schafer in a few thousand years they will say that those who want to know his life should play the game he made. Not the books that usually written as biographies.

I'm thinking a "Fallout 2"-style RTS game where insane bunnies, ninja koalas and homicidal squirrels are all vying for a post-apocalyptic Earth, with the only viable resources being irradiated bubble-gum (collected via resource-gatherers running around with giant tennis shoes, as we all know that is the ONLY way to collect bubble-gum) and the tears of children (Because nothing is better than the tears of children and bubble-gum). All weapons and armaments are designed and built from the bones and technology of now-extinct humanity, all held together by - you guessed it: bubble-gum - and fueled by the harvested tears.

And don't even get me started on the storyline.

Oh, and hello! I'm Erebus. Be afraid. I know I am. Dang mirrors.

*sees mention of the real Fallout series* I like this Erebus. Stay a while please. And Obsidian should make that instead. Only Black Isle can do Fallout right.

I'm thinking a "Fallout 2"-style RTS game where insane bunnies, ninja koalas and homicidal squirrels are all vying for a post-apocalyptic Earth, with the only viable resources being irradiated bubble-gum (collected via resource-gatherers running around with giant tennis shoes, as we all know that is the ONLY way to collect bubble-gum) and the tears of children (Because nothing is better than the tears of children and bubble-gum). All weapons and armaments are designed and built from the bones and technology of now-extinct humanity, all held together by - you guessed it: bubble-gum - and fueled by the harvested tears.

And don't even get me started on the storyline.

Oh, and hello! I'm Erebus. Be afraid. I know I am. Dang mirrors.

You should read a 1991 story by Dafydd ab Hugh The Coon Rolled Down And Ruptured His Larinks, A Squeezed Novel By Mr. Skunk. It's exactly what you are describing. Sort of.

(wide eyes)

With bubble-gum flavored with the tears of children and all?

(sniffles)

Oh! Twist in the story-line!

Humanity isn't extinct, but underground with all the survivors suffering from multiple-personality disorders.

And it MUST be dark and grotesque. I'm thinking the atmosphere of "9" mixed with the old "Alice" PC game.

I think I'm in love.

BUBBLE-GUM!

(runs off)

Exactly, the only person on here who's more crazy than most of us already on here put together.

Exactly, the only person on here who's more crazy than most of us already on here put together.

(grins)

I'm like a moth to butter.

If you're put off by that I can always pretend to be more lucid. But I don't promise it'll last.

(wink)

Sign in to follow this