Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rai the Bropiphany

Whatever happened to cheat codes?

No companies add them anymore, why not? Double Fine didn't have any in BL, and I can't think of any recent games that had them. They were awesome, as long as they were fun ones and not ones that beat the game for you. I loved the alternate modes and characters you could unlock. And if you got so pissed at a game you wanted to break it, you could do like a 9,999 lives cheat instead and make all the AI's suck it.

And yes, I also thought of "Whatever happened to robot jones?" because of this thread's title.

Also you can post your favorite/best nostalgic cheat codes in here.

The last game i remember having some was Dead Space (which kicked some ass by the way), but i do feel yeah, i do miss cheat codes, spending hours trying to figure out how to get Nightmare Zero from Megaman X6, and others. That's why if I ever in the future make the Animation studio i want to make, i want to get with double fine and make a game that brings back the cheat codes! I really miss them, they gave you good memories, and hours of irritation.

You know what I wanna design? A game that you can only beat using cheat codes. There will be hundreds of cheats posted online, but only certain ones will work on certain games. You'll have to dig deep to find them

You know what I wanna design? A game that you can only beat using cheat codes. There will be hundreds of cheats posted online, but only certain ones will work on certain games. You'll have to dig deep to find them

NICE! Yeah creating games sound really cool, and if i ever get my idea of Robotto and my company I wanna have a game for it, i have concept art for it and everything.

*references konami code*

*complains about how games are so easy nowadays they don't need cheats*

*reminisces about nintendo power's classified information section*

ok thread over

Hot hate to admit it but your losing you "hot"

what [del][/del][del][/del][del][/del][del][/del][del][/del]

It's a figure of speach as in your losing your awesome epic touch to the fourm, your just becoming annoying

Saints Row 2 was an amazing game, the cheats just made it so much more fun. No better online game.
*cough* TF2 on the PC *cough*

Sign in to follow this