Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Royal Flush

Post your Fan art here

Excellent work! It's got great atmosphere, linework, coloring...I really need to get Photoshop or something so I can actually half decently color my drawings. That British accent must be doing wonders if a guy like Crispin can have so many fangirls.

Excellent work! It's got great atmosphere, linework, coloring...I really need to get Photoshop or something so I can actually half decently color my drawings. That British accent must be doing wonders if a guy like Crispin can have so many fangirls.

Thanks a lot! I appreciate it. (: I drew this in Paint Tool SAI, which is a program I would DEFINITELY recommend to anyone.

It's very simple to learn and easy to use.

Also, Crispin has fangirls? Well, that's a new one for me, lmao.

Oh hey, I saw this on tumblr earlier! I had no clue it was you though (lol small psychonauts fandom) which is wierd because your style is so distinct.

I love how the shadows are doneeeee. <3

Oh hey, I saw this on tumblr earlier! I had no clue it was you though (lol small psychonauts fandom) which is wierd because your style is so distinct.

I love how the shadows are doneeeee. <3

Haha, thanks so much! And yeah, I know right? The Psychonauts tag is fairly easy to track because of the fandom's small size. And I'm actually kind of glad you didn't know it was me, that tells me perhaps I'm taking a step in the right direction of killing my same-face syndrome. x3

Great Crispin, Koco! That picture of him there makes me think of Brain from Pinky and the Brain. Cool to see you back on DFAF!

Great Crispin, Koco! That picture of him there makes me think of Brain from Pinky and the Brain. Cool to see you back on DFAF!
Yeah, this is truly excellent.

I wish I could colour stuff half as well as this.

Thank you both!! <3

All right, I defeated all them pesky exams.

You all know what that means, right?

RISE UP, MILKMAN!

dottboyd.png

Compare, if you will, the original and mine.

It was pretty damn hard, but I think I did OK for a first try...

Also, I'd like to mention DOTT's style is effing fantastic. Thank you Cyrus, for bestowing upon me the gift of this style.

No, that's not OK...

That's magnificent! I think it's the best of your works, some other Psychonauts characters like Sasha and Milla may undergo DOTTification as well if you have the desire for this.

Umm...I know that if I post something,I probably won't get a reply,But I really like sharing my art on here...

Milla in a rather cartoony style:

toony_mils_by_martina313-d4rgxzr.png

Lili in greyscales:

greyscaled_lili_by_martina313-d4sipn2.png

I also have a lot of OCs based on the game,But I think you probably don't want to see them.

I've got a reply for you:

keep posting them.

Your artsies are always inspiring to me, at least.

Also, Lili looks especially cool.

@ Cyrus: I guess I do sort of have that desire.

I will most probably give another few characters this treatment, (I'm not even quite sure which ones I'd most like to do) but not right now. DOTTifying feels rewarding, but it's not something I'd do every day, if you know what I mean.

Hey, all! Great artwork as always!

Please don't feel bad if there's not a reply to an art post! I'm sure a lot of people out there are like me, and just don't want to seem annoying with a gazillion replies! Too bad there isn't a "Like" or "Favorite" system for these posts like FB, Tumblr, or dA. Because I would totally show my fan art love that way!

I'm just really insecure about my art.

Most of the time when nobody says a thing,I think it's because my art isn't good enough.

Most of the time when nobody says a thing,I think it's because my art isn't good enough.

Everything you've posted so far is amazing, you should definitely post more. I want to see it. I often want to post something about people's art but I always feel like I need to say something more than just "I like it" or "This is cool" but I'm terrible at writing long posts or explaining why I like something so I usually just don't post.

Also, good enough for what? It's not like people aren't allowed to show other people their art because it's not good enough.

"All art posted here must be X good or it will be removed" - The Critic

^He's absolutely right, you know.

I always think really hard about everything I post, but sometimes even I can't come up with a good reply.

There's just only so many ways to say you like something a lot, and even then, showing appreciation is much easier in person.

And I'm just as insecure myself. Hell, I haven't gotten a single comment on DOTT Boyd on DA at all!

THAT THING WAS HARD DAMMIT

Everything you've posted so far is amazing, you should definitely post more. I want to see it. I often want to post something about people's art but I always feel like I need to say something more than just "I like it" or "This is cool" but I'm terrible at writing long posts or explaining why I like something so I usually just don't post.

Also, good enough for what? It's not like people aren't allowed to show other people their art because it's not good enough.

"All art posted here must be X good or it will be removed" - The Critic

Yeah,I'm sorry.

My art is just pretty important to me.

Heck,One time I became so depressed about it I had to take a drawing break because everytime I touched a sheet of paper,I got the urge to rip it apart.

I'm just really whiny,Just ignore that.

^He's absolutely right, you know.

I always think really hard about everything I post, but sometimes even I can't come up with a good reply.

There's just only so many ways to say you like something a lot, and even then, showing appreciation is much easier in person.

And I'm just as insecure myself. Hell, I haven't gotten a single comment on DOTT Boyd on DA at all!

THAT THING WAS HARD DAMMIT

Why haven't you said that before?

I just commented on it for you! :D

And you know what? Screw it,I'm gonna post a link to three of my Psychonauts fancharacters here.

CLICK ON IT,I SAY

If anyone wants to know: Yes,They're asylum inmates.

Yeah,I'm sorry.

Heck,One time I became so depressed about it I had to take a drawing break because everytime I touched a sheet of paper,I got the urge to rip it apart.

And you know what? Screw it,I'm gonna post a link to three of my Psychonauts fancharacters here.

CLICK ON IT,I SAY

If anyone wants to know: Yes,They're asylum inmates.

Hi, Martina! Honestly, I just wanted you to know that I get how you feel, seriously. What hurts the most is that what you're feeling so frustrated over is also the thing you enjoy doing more than anything. It's hard to deal with, and I'm still learning to get through it, myself. But if it means anything, I think you have a cute and colorful style and I would be very happy to give you feedback on the things you post.

Also, seeing your characters takes me back to when I used to do a lot of stuff with my own Psychonauts fancharacters-- it'd be nice to bring them back again, haha. (:

I like your fanart! Everyone's art here is really cool to see!

And yeah, don't be nervous to post your art. Feel free to share it with anyone. :}

We've all been there ;)

Just gotta keep at it! Maybe not in the exact moment you feel like ripping your paper up, you should probably take a break about then, but try to really find what it is that's frustrating about your work and practice it to death. Even when it's just the first mark on the paper that's frustrating you, just grab some references and start doodling like crazy. Doing a lot of figure drawing is a great way to practice and start to feel more comfortable with your subject matter.

Anyways, I haven't drawn Psychonauts fanart in far too long. I'll have to find the time to contribute a little something to this thread! c:

Y'all are so nice,I'm sorry I was such a silly little missy prissy.

I'm just very whiny xD

Ah,Can I just post some more art? (You gotta know that I'm WAY too addicted to drawing PN because that is just one sexy game and omfg :D)

tumblr_m68fwnHH7S1qmo5pco1_500.png

And I also tried to redraw the PN cover while using only pencils.

tumblr_m68g0bxxNF1qmo5pco1_500.jpg

And,Uhhm...

Dunno if you want to know,But I actually started a series about PN fankids and...

Yeah,I felt like telling,Because this IS a fanart thread.

I got around 15 kids already,Each with their own story and personality...

So,Uhh...

Here >___>

They're mostly of ships I really like,And some aren't exactly 'Fan' kids,But I still like them.

Oh gosh I don't know what fan art to put up here... Lets just go for some Psychonauts art I did.

dance_better_jerk____by_k8extreme-d4nz23s.jpg

I know my art sucks and all,But I really like putting it here,Even though it doesn't get a reaction.

i_drew_a_levitation_ball_by_martina313-d55gop3.png

Levitation.

Enough with the self-deprecation already! Your art is great. It's got a unique and stylish flair to it that looks great in the Psychonauts world. I don't know why there aren't many replies, but don't let that keep you down. Keep it up!

I just get negative really easily.

Blame my stupid school who almost separated me from my family.

Well,I do know people don't reply because they just don't like my art.

Heck,I posted two topics in this section which showed art,And only one thread got one comment.

I'm just saying,The talented ones get more attention.

I may be drawing for over 16 years already (I'm 17 now) but I do know I need to improve a lot.

I'm sorry.

Don't be down on yourself! It is always nice to maintain a degree of modesty, but everything in moderation - Sometimes you deserve self-praise, if you can post it on here then there is some pride in your work and that's what really counts. Attention will always be overrated; keep doing what you love to do for the sake of loving to do it and in time you will find your skills improving too. Haha, uh hope that makes sense. Keep at it :)

Guess so...

But I already posted two threads,And only got one reply.

That just proves it.

What I'm saying,Is that talented art,Like sprite art,Gets more attention.

I guess I can't compete with that.

*Sigh*

But I guess I can post one more pic here...

Psychonauts anime,Anyone?

fake_anime_screenshot_9_by_martina313-d58io4f.png

Sign in to follow this