Sign in to follow this  
kgoodies

Doctor Who? NO! just The Doctor!

What if Doctor Who becomes a lame teen feel good drama like 7th heaven? I bet you would be sorry then. I know I would.

What if Doctor Who becomes a lame teen feel good drama like 7th heaven? I bet you would be sorry then. I know I would.

*cringes at the notion* Thankfully the BBC doesn't have the same pattern of ruining all that is good the way American television/hollywood does.

True, but a lot of what's on the BBC can't be ruined anymore than it already is.

:lol: No argument here.

Sturgeon's Law.

And if Doctor Who became something in the like of 7th Heaven I'd build a TARDIS to scale and burn it as an effigy!

Sturgeon's law only applies to things that have 10% good in them. There is no good in teen feel good dramas, so that law does not apply.

Kind of taking it out of context there. But since you're brought up teen feel good dramas and their being bereft of goodness I will go ahead and agree with you. I sure it's possible to create one. But so far as I know it hasn't been done.

New episode was quite good. I'm completely heart broken with the ending though. Next week needs to hurry up so I can find out wtf is going to happen.

Dude that was totally one of the creepiest episodes ever!

Seems like the show runners are really trying to deconstruct the Doctor's image as a hero. I think this is probably the fall that was referred to in Demon's Run. His own legend is going to undo him. Also I'm so sad that Amy and Rory are leaving! But this is definitely one of the better departures a companion(s) have been given. Since most of the time they get lost, or die, or become bitter a miserable or lose their memories or something else horrible. I'm glad the Doctor saved Amy and Rory from that.

They're signed on to do another whole series with Matt Smith so they're coming back. Just painful for the between.

Next episode is indeed the last episode of this series. They've already commissioned the Xmas special and next season though so we know at the least it keeps going.

Series finale was amazing. This might be my favorite yet. Can't say much without giving away spoilers. In other DW news, the latest Doctor Who Adventure game is coming out this month on the 31st! The Gunpowder Plot! "Remember, remember the 5th of November. The gunpowder, treason, and plot. I see no reason why gunpowder and treason should ever be forgot."

That last episode was actually a bit much, even for me. And the nature of the question felt like kind of a cop-out.

I gotta say, now that it's over and done with and I've had time to think about it. It really did seem to throw away what little care the show puts into making sure it is believable. I enjoyed The Doctor's trip.

I thought the way he managed to avoid dying while still showing up to die. Was really cool and beautifully pragmatic

But the whole

bubble-universe/anachronism stew caused by River (And pretty much anything River related in this episode for that matter

really seemed like a waste of time to me. However I liked the question, based on what we've been told about it from the Doctor

"Suppose there was a man who knew a secret. A terrible, dangerous secret that must never be told."

it's very little but that and the circumstances in which the answer to the question is revealed

on the fields of Trenzalore, at the "fall of the Eleventh," when nobody can speak falsely or refuse to answer.[/url] it suggests to me that

"Doctor Who?" While a cheeky title drop, also implies that The Doctor has a very dangerous secret, that is very closely tied to who he is in some way.

I for one can't wait for the answer.

The Gunpowder Plot is out!!!! I've been playing it for a bit. It's quite awesome. Being able to walk in and out of the TARDIS is just as amusing as it should be. If only I didn't have a test tomorrow morning and a presentation on Wednesday. Anyway, check it out Wholigans!

LOL, I don't know, that seems a little crass and more then a little immature, especially since Yates is just in the process of being in the talks, there's no cast, no story, no script, no screenwriter. It's still in the conception phase, it's not even a baby yet. And Moffat DOES NOT OWN Doctor Who. He's just one in a long line of showrunners on a franchise that will long outlive him. So I can't say I understand this reaction. Yates isn't spitting on his vision of Doctor Who, he's just trying to create his own. God knows if I were in Yates position to pick any project I want, I'd pick Doctor Who as well.