Double Fine Action Forums

Final Fantasy 4 (again) 9.5/10

My second favorite in the series, this game had no bitch characters. I mean a six year old girl that watched her mother die in the opening of the game tells another character to stop being a pussy after his entire kingdom gets bombed.

Oh YEAH! THIS GAME IS HARDCORE!!!!

Seriously though I love this game.

There really is no series, you should start with FF4 or FFX/7. Don't think of it like starting in the middle of the story, think about it like Star Wars, it started in the middle of the story. And also they are not connected at all with any other final fantasy games. Also ff1 JP is ff1 US, ff4 JP is ff2 US, and ff6 JP is ff3 US and then seven and up are the same.

Gears of War 10/10

Clive Barkers Jericho 6/10 (the AI of your squad in this game is terrible, among other things)

Gears of war 2 multiplayer: By myself 3/10, with a few buddies on my friends list 9/10.

Scavenge in Left 4 Dead 2: 9/10 when you have a decent team. 1/10 most of the time. If both teams are good and it's on one of the two good levels 10/10.

Tropico 3 for 360

8/10.

lot less detailed than PC version

controls are sometimes unresponsive

glitch that makes menus not appear and glitch that makes your game crash if you have 500+ people isnt very good.

still solid city builder with lots of challenge for vets but still easy for new players

suggest it to anyone that likes builders, pretty colors and anything else

I agree with you Maehem. The clunky controls were the thing that ruined the game for me. I had them set on the highest sensitivity and it still felt like a movie I hardly interacted with.

Too Human: 6/10

I don't understand the hate for this game, its really puzzling I enjoyed it.

Viking: 8/10

Fun hack and slash nonsense, with a cool Norse setting.

I was in a viking mood today, now on to listen to TYR.

Too Human: 6/10

I don't understand the hate for this game, its really puzzling I enjoyed it.

Viking: 8/10

Fun hack and slash nonsense, with a cool Norse setting.

I was in a viking mood today, now on to listen to TYR.

I loved both of those games.

Too Human is an abomination and should die in a fire.

Everything about it is bad, the story, the setting, the gameplay, the characters, the dialogue, everything. yuck

Everything about it is bad, the story, the setting, the gameplay, the characters, the dialogue, everything. yuck

The story is a copy and past of Norse mythology so I guess you hate that too, as are the characters. The setting is just a fantasy meets sci fi setting and I like it. Just saying they suck doesn't tell anybody anything. And it was fun, the gameplay was reminiscent of that one Jet Li game I can't remember the title of.

Halo: Reach Beta

9/10, going by MP beta standards.

But of course I was playing with friends, friendless it'd be about a 7 or 8.

Super Street Fighter 4: 9/10

My favorite game from 2009 but with characters from the other SF games that I love...as well as endless battle which is probably the best idea they would have come up with. Its not a perfect 10 because some of the rival cutscenes are just copies from SF4 and they took out survival and time trial modes and replaced them with the crappy bonus rounds (destroying a car and fighting barrels isn't as fun as it sounds)

The story is a copy and past of Norse mythology so I guess you hate that too, as are the characters. The setting is just a fantasy meets sci fi setting and I like it. Just saying they suck doesn't tell anybody anything. And it was fun, the gameplay was reminiscent of that one Jet Li game I can't remember the title of.

I love Norse mythology. Have you ever wondered where my username comes from?

That is actually one of the reasons I hate Too Human so much, they just butchered Norse mythology with that game.

Splinter Cell Conviction. 4 out of 5 *

I've never really liked the series due to the slow nature of the games, but conviction is actually quite awesome.

The single player is over way too soon, but the co-op and deniable ops really makes up for it.

I'm not able to recommend it as a single player game, but if you like co-op and/or competitive multiplayer, it can be exstremely fun.

SUPER Street Fighter Four: 5 out of 5

The game was great fast pased and one of the best fighting games I have played in a while! They brought back great characters like Ibuki (My fav), Deejay and Guy. The game kept you on your feet and wanting more the graphics and design are smooth and Righteous!

Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl (last game i played that isnt something i always play)

6/10

Only played it a little, couldnt really hold my interest,

The excellent atmosphere wasnt enough to make up for the fact that for an 'open' world game i felt like i was being constantly squezzed into a path, i couldnt walk more than about 10 meters off the beaten track with out being killed by some radiation or crap, and fences that can not be jumped over? Please...

Heavy Rain

9/10

F**cking awesome game... just awesome, I was completely engrossed into it, and i was immersed completely, i was doing things in this game that were the sort of choices i felt i'd make, not choices i was just making to get a certain ending. Loses a mark because despite how much i enjoyed it, i dont really feel compelled to replay it

Uh...

World of Goo.

8/10.

It's awesome. Seriously. The only two things that bugged me about it were the controls and how much like Psychonauts it was; towards the end, it was mind-numbingly hard. I honestly couldn't do those last few without walkthroughs and about ten tries each.

Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl (last game i played that isnt something i always play)

6/10

Only played it a little, couldnt really hold my interest,

The excellent atmosphere wasnt enough to make up for the fact that for an 'open' world game i felt like i was being constantly squezzed into a path, i couldnt walk more than about 10 meters off the beaten track with out being killed by some radiation or crap, and fences that can not be jumped over? Please...

Heavy Rain

9/10

F**cking awesome game... just awesome, I was completely engrossed into it, and i was immersed completely, i was doing things in this game that were the sort of choices i felt i'd make, not choices i was just making to get a certain ending. Loses a mark because despite how much i enjoyed it, i dont really feel compelled to replay it

the creator of heavy rain said that the game wasnt meant to be replayed. he gave this really long explanation but i forgot the details. something about how he wants you to always remember the first time through, and always look back on the choices you could have made.. something like that anyway.

god of war 3: 24/27

it was pretty good

i still hate that guy who spoiled it on here

did you know there was a scene after the credits?

and how much like Psychonauts it was

what??

If you're a Psychonauts fan, shouldn't you enjoy games that are similar to Psychonauts?

Sign in to follow this