Double Fine Action Forums

and how much like Psychonauts it was

what??

If you're a Psychonauts fan, shouldn't you enjoy games that are similar to Psychonauts?

I wanted to ask the same question but decided against it.

Or more importantly, how the heck is world of goo like psychonauts?

what??

If you're a Psychonauts fan, shouldn't you enjoy games that are similar to Psychonauts?

I was going to ask about that as well.

What gives Miriku?!

Do as the title says.

Sam & Max 301: The Penal Zone: 9/10

An excellent upgrade from the last two seasons. It's nice to see Telltale growing as a studio; they've gotten a lot better a story telling.

I finally got to borrow a powerful enough computer, so that I could take care of the Penal Zone in one stroke, so to speak. I really love how they handled this one and hope for more of the same throughout the season. It was somewhat on the easy side, but the powers add a refreshing twist to the gameplay that requires you to think about more possibilities than the average "use every item with everything" game. Knocking out the 'Research Assistants' at Momma Bosco's, for example, really showcased the puzzles they can implement that require a different part of the adventuring brain. And, as with any Sam & Max installment, the humor was top-notch. I was almost constantly laughing throughout at everything from the Lovecraft references to the fun societal parody and even all of the childish cracks at 'the Penal Zone'.

what??

What gives Miriku?!

She means as in the difficulty curve.

The first two or three chapters are really easy and fun, practically training missions for what's to come.

The last chapter (technically it's optional) is the most nightmarishly impossible bunch of levels I have ever slogged my way through, in ANY game, not counting the Meat Circus because I've never beaten the Meat Circus.

what??

What gives Miriku?!

She means as in the difficulty curve.

The first two or three chapters are really easy and fun, practically training missions for what's to come.

The last chapter (technically it's optional) is the most nightmarishly impossible bunch of levels I have ever slogged my way through, in ANY game, not counting the Meat Circus because I've never beaten the Meat Circus.

I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS NOW! How does one draw this parallel? And how haven't you beaten Psychonauts?

I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS NOW! How does one draw this parallel? And how haven't you beaten Psychonauts?

Quote pyramid...BEGONE!

*ahem*

It took me a few days to get to the boss.

Maybe a few weeks.

Then, guess what?

MY PS2 BROKE.

THAT'S how I didn't beat the game.

*headdesk*

Guys, read the whole post next time, mkay?

It honestly would not bother me too much to have some tension on this forum. It's all very dull as is.

So, go ahead. Right for eachothers throats.

Since November, I have spent 308 hours in Rapture. Is that enough of a rating?

Holy-

...congratulations, you may just have bested my playtime record with Okami.

Speaking of Okami, I just bought it from Gamestop yesterday, haven't had a chance to play it yet though. Also I got Assault on Dark Athena too.

Speaking of Okami, I just bought it from Gamestop yesterday, haven't had a chance to play it yet though. Also I got Assault on Dark Athena too.

Oh man, Okami is awesome.

It's like Psychonauts and Earthbound; awesome games that nobody's really heard of until years after its original release.

Earthbound's lack of popularity isn't the fault of misinformed gamers. If Nintendo would get off their asses and port the damn thing to the US in an officially licensed manner then I think it would sell pretty well.

That's true.

NoA gave it the slogan 'This Game Sucks'.

Asshats.

Earthbound's lack of popularity isn't the fault of misinformed gamers. If Nintendo would get off their asses and port the damn thing to the US in an officially licensed manner then I think it would sell pretty well.

Square ported Chrono Trigger and that sold like shit. It has to be marketed well too though, I would want it on virtual console though as another reason to get a Wii someday though.

Edit: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH I hate the fake language in Okami so much. Ugh I had to mute the T.V.

Oh man, Okami is awesome.

It's like Psychonauts and Earthbound; awesome games that nobody's really heard of until years after its original release.

Okami I've heard of. I'll have to try it. Cross addiction much?

Ok, I have played it long enough to give a rating for Okami

Gameplay: 19.5/10 Just pure awesome (though jumping could use some work)

Story: 10/10

Main Character: 10/10 a wolf that kicks ass, just like Twilight Princess and I enjoyed the wolf parts in that too.

Supporting Characters -10000000000000/10 I like the quirkiness and the humor of the characters but it loses all points and more for not being able to turn off those voices.

King Of Fighters XII

3 out of 5

I have always been a big fan of the KOF series, although this one was pretty good, passable perhaps. The fighting is orginal and smooth not to mention the graphics are righteous! The game is short and has no survival or story mode (which I was hoping for) but I can easily make a survival mode by just doing a one on one match, and make up a story mode on a one on one mode also. But it would have been nice for the real thing, but over all it was really good.

PORTAL 9/10

I can't believe it runs on this crappy laptop.

Portal 2 coming this Fall. Word up.

You know, because Nintendo can put down whatever they're doing and instantly port an old game that didn't sell shit when it was out at any given time. It's not like they need to make money to stay in business or anything.

Earthbound is extremely popular, and it's been ported. I don't understand why people whine about it not being on the GBA so much. Who cares.

Nintendo's walls and teeth are lined with hundred dollar bills, so if they lost money porting an excellent SNES game, then it's really no big deal. They just need to throw together a Mario sports game and they're back in the black.

The real issue is copyright.

Any of the Descent games, not just Freespace. That was my first gaming addiction before Psychonauts and Bioshock. Second, actually. First was Zork. Then King's Quest. Then Descent. Third.

Nintendo's walls and teeth are lined with hundred dollar bills, so if they lost money porting an excellent SNES game, then it's really no big deal. They just need to throw together a Mario sports game and they're back in the black.

The real issue is copyright.

No company will do anything that they know will lose them money. That's just stupid.

Sign in to follow this