Double Fine Action Forums

Galaxy 2 isn't a sequel, because it isn't connected to Galaxy 1 in any other way than game design and story (which has remained consistent for decades, anyways). I felt that Galaxy 2, though, had a good jump up in level design quality. Ramping up the difficulty (as in actually implementing difficulty) worked in the game's favor and made the overall level design much more fun for me.

Is this a joke?

The name of the game is Super Mario Galaxy 2. Don't even tell me it is not a sequel.

Galaxy 2 isn't a sequel, because it isn't connected to Galaxy 1 in any other way than game design and story (which has remained consistent for decades, anyways). I felt that Galaxy 2, though, had a good jump up in level design quality. Ramping up the difficulty (as in actually implementing difficulty) worked in the game's favor and made the overall level design much more fun for me.

and controls, and characters, and music, and pretty much everything else...other than those, its completely different (teehee)

I'm not saying it's completely different, but a sequel implies that the 'story' is connected, which it isn't here. It's a sequel in terms of what the game is. I guess saying Galaxy: Retry is a bit more accurate, since it's supposed to take place in an alternate timeline.

I'm not saying it's completely different, but a sequel implies that the 'story' is connected, which it isn't here. It's a sequel in terms of what the game is. I guess saying Galaxy: Retry is a bit more accurate, since it's supposed to take place in an alternate timeline.

It has the same name except with a 2 on the end. This makes it a sequel.

Wow SMG2 is a controversial game on this thread.

Today I succeeded in fighting off every lawman in the town of Armadillo. To say I feel awesome about it is an understatement. To say that Armadillo is now my bitch, is also an understatement.

Bet you didn't get rid of the Marshal

It has the same name except with a 2 on the end. This makes it a sequel.

No it doesn't. The definition of a sequel is a continuation of the story. That's why new Final Fantasy games are often called "new installments".

Nope, taking my time with it. Been having to much fun hunting and gambling and collecting bounties and why do you keep asking that question and going on nightwatches and seriously what gives you looking for a review or something trying to set up some kind of joke and saving stage coaches and completing various objectives to unlock new increasingly awesome outfits to fly through the main story. I bet you already beat it and want to discuss the spoilery details with someone don't you?

Too Human is an abomination and should die in a fire.

Everything about it is bad, the story, the setting, the gameplay, the characters, the dialogue, everything. yuck

Yeah, too Human was pretty bad, although I wouldn't go as far as you did =/

Which is unfortunate, as the world idea was really cool, and their last game, Eternal Darkness, was awesome.

I just beat Cave Story. Brilliance in a small, downloadable box. It's not perfect, but it's really really really good, especially considering it was made by ONE PERSON.

Assassin's Creed II 8.5/10

It's an amazing game. There are things that are annoying and some things that I think are stupid but it's almost a perfect game.

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker: 9/10

Not a big fan of the Zelda series, but Wind Waker has always seemed like something I would enjoy playing, and it is. The sailing is a tad too boring, and the instrument you play is certainly no ocarina. Despite this, I am fairly sure this is my favorite Zelda game, out of the one that I've played.

The side quests were a very nice condition, and the world is very fun to explore. It feels like there is plenty to see and do at all times.

Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse

"They Stole Max's Brain"

This is perhaps my favorite episode out of all of Telltale's library. It begins with Sam going completely noir cop and they capture him perfectly. Jacket and hat off, sleeves rolled up and five o'clock shadow covering his lower jaw, Sam travels past the neon-lit city signs in the foggy New York night in both parody and loving homage to that era of film. Then the interrogations begin, peppered with razor sharp dialogue, some of the best Telltale has written. You get to control Sam's questioning of various shady characters, and that's only the intro. I won't spoil much more of it, but this episode covers a lot of ground. Each part could almost be a different game and together, they form a fantastic whole. Some of the middle feels a bit under par considering the intro and the finale, but it is still great and contributes to the sheer diversity of the episode. And the finale... The wait for the next episode is going to be killer.

9.7/10

splinter cell conviction:

8/10

i LOVE the splinter cell series (favorite game series ever), and i do like this game, although it was a bit of a let down for me.

for one, stealth is just about thrown out the window. its more of sneaking around, getting a good vantage point, then killing everyone in sight.

there are far too many enemies in one place, and not enough places to hide, to sneak past them. you may pull it off everynow and then, but you will mostly find your self either deciding to kill everyone, or getting caught and being forced to kill everyone.

so the stealth aspect of the game was a big let down.

i sort of enjoyed the story. of course, i've been interested in splintercell's story, ever since double agent, when the series actually developed a story.

the story did left me kinda disappointed, the way it ended, but it was a decent story none the less..

taking away the spys v mercs multiplayer was a disappointment to me as well... i just hope people will still play DA so i can get some real spy action going.

overall, this game is a fun playthrough, and it is worth another play through. although i would love to see the series brought back to its old glory... however slim chance that is.

if you're a die hard splinter cell fan, like me, its worth a play-through.

especially if you ever wonder what happens after the events in DA.

of course im a BIG fan of SC.

"They Stole Max's Brain"

This is perhaps my favorite episode out of all of Telltale's library. It begins with Sam going completely noir cop and they capture him perfectly. Jacket and hat off, sleeves rolled up and five o'clock shadow covering his lower jaw, Sam travels past the neon-lit city signs in the foggy New York night in both parody and loving homage to that era of film. Then the interrogations begin, peppered with razor sharp dialogue, some of the best Telltale has written. You get to control Sam's questioning of various shady characters, and that's only the intro. I won't spoil much more of it, but this episode covers a lot of ground. Each part could almost be a different game and together, they form a fantastic whole. Some of the middle feels a bit under par considering the intro and the finale, but it is still great and contributes to the sheer diversity of the episode. And the finale... The wait for the next episode is going to be killer.

9.7/10

God damn it.

They are awful on announcing when those are coming out, I always end up playing them late.

"They Stole Max's Brain"

9.7/10

Crap. I preordered it on steam and I still didn't notice the launch. Off to Installation Land!

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker: 9/10

Not a big fan of the Zelda series, but Wind Waker has always seemed like something I would enjoy playing, and it is. The sailing is a tad too boring, and the instrument you play is certainly no ocarina. Despite this, I am fairly sure this is my favorite Zelda game, out of the one that I've played.

The side quests were a very nice condition, and the world is very fun to explore. It feels like there is plenty to see and do at all times.

I loved that game. I don't like how people didn't like it though.

Sign in to follow this