Double Fine Action Forums

(I think you mean intelligent intelligible means it can be understood)

A: Thought is caused by the sensory information of the brain relayed into different outcomes and circumstances which are chosen as the conscience mind pieces them together.

Q: Why is string theory not talked about in high school?

A: If it was a true paradise, would you be able to get bored? If they ate the apple out of boredom, they weren't in true paradise.

Q: Why does philosophy shape your view of the world, but burden you with (what could be called) true knowledge at the same time?

A: If it was a true paradise, would you be able to get bored? If they ate the apple out of boredom, they weren't in true paradise.

Q: Why does philosophy shape your view of the world, but burden you with (what could be called) true knowledge at the same time?

A: Belief and knowledge really aren't the same thing. For instance, Creationists. They believe that the world was created by a higher power, and that we didn't come from apes. No matter how much you try to deny it, it's still there. So I guess you could say that philosophy isn't solely for comfort or solely for anguish; it's like science, entirely neuteral.

Q: What's the ultimate question?

A: "Why am I here?"

An answer to your answer: To live.

Q: Is humanity more likely to fear, or embrace our own impending post-humanity?

An answer to your question: There will always be different people who think different things. Some will fear it, and some will embrace it. I think most will fear it.

Q: If each event that has ever occurred causes mankind to be wiser, and if time is not necessarily linear, then don't you think we should all have infinite wisdom hidden in our beings?

A: Because human beings have a habit of lying to themselves. Socrates said not to be born is best.

Q: If you truly believed there is nothing beyond this reality, and that we and everything else are the patterns of mass and energy that we are, how would that change your present behavior?

A: If I already believe these things my behavior would not change because I'm already in that mindset and have settled into this pattern of behavior. In order for me to be inspired to change my present behavior I'd have to have an epiphany, which was not a part of your setup.

Q: If you could alter yourself in someway (Grow an extra arm, change your skin tone, develop the ability to see on the ultra violet spectrum) what would you change and why?

Correction, then: If you came to believe... but, it's past and done. The game is to answer the next question. Oh well. Will I ever get it right the first time? That's rhetorical. No need to answer it here.

(I guess I'll just answer scarecrow's question then?)

A: Good question, I'll have to say the choices I can't decide on.

1. I would choose the ability to make things from my imagination come to life. Like a superpower. I would do this because I believe the worlds needs a superhero it can rely on. If I were about to die, I would just imagine me not dying. This would be a great responsibility though, so I would imagine up some extra courage and responsibility for myself. Actually this power might make me go crazy... Maybe I could imagine me not going crazy?

2. I would choose the ability to travel throughout the universe and unlock its secrets. That would be one HELL of an adventure. Of course, then comes the theory that once the universe's secrets are unlocked, a whole new, more mysterious universe replaces it. That would make it even more of an adventure! Provided I'm not replaced in the process... Hmmmm....Not to mention I would feel like a huge douche for killing all life in the previous universe...

3. The ability to instantly bring about change throughout the world. I'll let you interpret what I mean.

Q: If "God's" final message to his creation really was "We're sorry for the inconvenience", How would you feel?

(Wow okay I meant something like; interfacing with a computer with your mind or something. You go straight to godhood.)

A: Pissed off. God is an all powerful omnipotent being. He ought to be able to make time --literally-- to personally come down and apologize to me for the shit his universe put me through, and I don't just mean "Hi Scarecrow, sorry about everything." No! I mean a complete list of everything that ever happened to me, followed by a sincere, heart-felt apology. Then I'd be happy.

Q: If you could change one insignificant

A: One insignificant thing?

Is there really anything in the world that's insignificant to everyone and everything?

Q: If we have scientific proof of evolution of humans, why do the Creationists still deny it?

A: I think its ignorance.

(Wow okay I meant something like; interfacing with a computer with your mind or something. You go straight to godhood.)
Well things like interfacing a computer with you mind or growing an extra limb aren't exactly deep. And you weren't clear about what you mean, so why not? Besides, I was in a superpower-sort-of-mood yesterday.

Q: People always say "With the infinite space of the universe out there, do we really matter?" Well couldn't "Would any of the universe really matter if we (life) weren't here in the first place?" be just as good of a question?

A: Well they're different questions that are each wrong to ask for their own reasons. The first implies that importance is a property that exists separately from sentience while the other assumes that we are the only sentient life in the universe. The real question is a matter of how big and full our universe actually is. Is sentient life such a rare phenomenon or are our lives dwarfed by the total sentient population of the universe?

Q: How do you believe personality grew as an evolutionary trait?

A: I think its ignorance.
Well things like interfacing a computer with you mind or growing an extra limb aren't exactly deep. And you weren't clear about what you mean, so why not? Besides, I was in a superpower-sort-of-mood yesterday.

Deep isn't the same as intelligent, an intelligent question doesn't have have universal or existential relevance.

@Hungreyfreak

A: Personality is a complicated subject that can't be explained away by one single thing. I believe personality is a combination of predisposed genetically inherited traits, habitual reactions that we pick up from our parent's and the people we spend a lot of time with, and our experiences; how we learn from doing and seeing the consequences, and adjusting our behavior accordingly. I don't think personality evolved as an intended trait, but that it's a side effect of learning. I could be wrong, I haven't done a lot of reading on this, but based on my observations that's what I believe.

Q: Do you believe in true love?

A: In modern English vocabulary fuck (The F-word), can be used in great number of different ways, most commonly to describe intercourse or to express the feeling of being wronged or violated in some way. The closet possible origin word that's definition falls in line with the modern variant would be fukka or focka which means to "Copulate, strike or push." [source]

Q: What in your opinion is the best course for alternative fuels?

A: Ethanol, definitely.

Q: Why does the bad happen to the good people?

Sign in to follow this