Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bill Fool

ROCK!

ok, who else out there ran to their xbox/ps2 and started play Guitar Hero harder than ever before as soon as they heard that Tim Schafer would be releaseing the full un-censored power of rock in his next game Brutal legend?

Guitar Hero? LOL.

I prefer to use my actual guitar skillz, not a plastic toy, thanks.

Guitar Hero? LOL.

You know, I reckon we could build a machine to harness your negativity and convert it into a potent power source :P

Guitar Hero? LOL.

You know, I reckon we could build a machine to harness your negativity and convert it into a potent power source :P

Hermit! Think of how much natural resources could be saved if we did that!! In the name of the invironment, that machine should be made!

Guitar Hero? LOL.

But would we be able to control said power. The very force of it might be too much for any machine to handle.

I'm just wondering how many of you listen to heavy metal :). Because I for one don't. I think it's one of the most outdated genres ever (the specific heavy metal, high pitched vocals, lotsa notes soloing) and frankly there was a time I thought it was only legally allowed in Germany :)(Duck and cover). I mostly listen to rock, anyways, and there were some bands back in the 80s who used to rock (Anthrax, Slayer for example), but the high-pitched shrieking, gayowar imagery and all the rest of the kitchiness? No thanks. Nevertheless, if any company is to exploit that kind of imagery and subtly poke fun at it in a cute and entertaining way, it's Double Fine, so I'm just really curios about the approach. Now, to give credit where credit is due, some of these guys are real intelligent, tallented and funny individuals (Dio, Lemmy... I dunno about Halford :) ). They'll probably be spoofing each other or themselves, so it's all good. It'll probably be one of the freshest games in recent years thanks to the premise only, and I admit when I first heard of the Schafer - Heavy Metal - Jack Black combo, I kinda frowned myself, since the latter stopped appealling to me since I saw School of Rock and nearly passed out because of boredom, but giving it a bit of thought, absolutely unrelated to the fact that, like 99% of the forum, I'm a Schafer fanboy:), it's actually one of the freshest perspectives on setting and gameplay ever. But really guys.. who listens to Megadeath, Judas Priest and the likes anymore? (ok, Megadeth have SOME cool tunes). Because guys who do are usually those who frown towards anything rock specifically and musi generally have evolved into post-80s. I guess I'm just curios.

PS I'm not trying to hijack the thread, keep it Brutal Legend-related, somehow. Oh and don't forget to mention the pc port, thanks :P

Not only did I rock out hard on Guitar Hero, but I also rocked out hard on my guitar. :o

Then you're cool. But posers who think they have skill because they're good at guitar hero and haven't touched a real guitar in their lives piss me off to no end.

Guitar Hero is one of Tim Schafers favorite games. no joke. I play real guitar, but all I have is an acoustic, so GH is the next best thing when it comes to metal.

I listened to heavy metal a lot in high school. I don't know if it's old enough or weird enough to be considered camp, but then I also don't know if Schafer is going for camp. I think he's taking an awful risk. If he wanted to make a game about something funny and outdated, he should have made a game where you play Speedy Alka-Seltzer.

I'm also really surprised that Lemmy is still alive.

Guitar Hero?

I refuse to touch a plastic 'guitar' with RAINBOW COLORED BUTTONS(!!) for any reason short of beating the crap out of midgets with it.

Hey Guitar hero is a good game and it has good music. And I will admit that I cant play a real guitar to save my life.

Half-Life 2 is a fun game too, but I wouldn't play it if I had to control it with an orally-designed dildo!

That's basically what a rainbow colored guitar is like.

Half-Life 2 is a fun game too, but I wouldn't play it if I had to control it with an orally-designed dildo!

OMG I WILL NEVER LOOK AT GUITAR HERO THE SAME AGAIN...

You can use that guitar controller to play other games. Try playing GTA with it.

Ouch man, very ouch.

Guitar Hero?

I refuse to touch a plastic 'guitar' with RAINBOW COLORED BUTTONS(!!) for any reason short of beating the crap out of midgets with it.

Guitar Hero? LOL.

I don't see what everyone's problem with Guitar Hero is. It's a game. A fun game. A slightly expensive game, yes, but it's all just there for fun. Sure, you can play a real guitar - and quite a few of us do - but I can drive a real car as well and shoot a real gun, yet I still play FPS and driving games. I could also go LARPing instead of playing an RPG. What's the point now?

Then you're cool. But posers who think they have skill because they're good at guitar hero and haven't touched a real guitar in their lives piss me off to no end.

I have never met a Guitar Hero player who thinks he can shred on a real guitar just because he has mad skills on GH. I have, however, met kids who can give Herman Li and Sam Totman a run for their money on both GH AND a guitar. So, eh. Somehow I think you'll be hard pressed to find someone who thinks they can play a guitar after playing Guitar Hero.

I don't see what everyone's problem with Guitar Hero is. It's a game. A fun game. A slightly expensive game, yes, but it's all just there for fun. Sure, you can play a real guitar - and quite a few of us do - but I can drive a real car as well and shoot a real gun, yet I still play FPS and driving games. I could also go LARPing instead of playing an RPG. What's the point now?

You don't play GTA using a fluorescent pink Nerf gun, though. That is the problem.

Unlike most people, I started on guitar and decided to pick up Guitar Hero 2 for the 360. It's SO much more accessable and fun then a real gitbox. I just like it because while you might not actually be learning anything you do feel like you're playing the guitar and when you have no real intention of sharing your abilities with the world anyway I would much rather not put in 100s of hours to learn and rather just get on and feel like I can play FreeBird in a couple hours.

I have never met a Guitar Hero player who thinks he can shred on a real guitar just because he has mad skills on GH. I have, however, met kids who can give Herman Li and Sam Totman a run for their money on both GH AND a guitar. So, eh. Somehow I think you'll be hard pressed to find someone who thinks they can play a guitar after playing Guitar Hero. herman li is so overated. he got famous by doing 4 finger tapping(not thay he started 4 finger taping thats just all he does) and he sucks live.

Sign in to follow this