Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
donk

I draw stuff (characters)

Hello DFAF,

I am Jake. I live in the wondrous city of San Francisco. I just noticed that there are forums here.

And now for some fun.

Blog

Click the link for fun :o)

Heh, I like your Samus picture*is on a Super Smash Bros kick*. Interesting to see her armor without so many polygons and pointy-shapes.

there were some serious tangents going on in the previous version of this image (on my blog).

I could talk about the technical aspects of the picture if you'd like, forum page.

it's a screenshot of a game that doesn't exist :o).

(the image hotlinking doesn't work... contrary to sticky posts that say so)

bossfight-redux.jpg.001930be371ceabbd3ba

Since I love this place so much, I'll give you a peek at a rough of another piece i'm working on now.

this is the color comp that i chose and refined a little bit. all of the colors, values, overall flow of the image are in place. now, i am designing everything that goes inside of the picture (the beehive, observatory, town of people). for the most part, i'm making a world. but since it's just for me, i can be as personal and full of inside jokes that i can laugh at to myself :o)

jake

colorcomp2.jpg.fe0b9b1d9cce1ceaa0916287a

Cool! I'd like to see that with all the things you said you will be putting inside the picture too. Keep up the good work.

Here is a sneaky peeky of the corner of the picture. from the previous post.

mainlands.jpg

mainlands.jpg.80a31514f22b588521da1d4705

Oh, man! Your art is so cool! I love the color combinations you use!
It reminds me of the color palette contrast style used in Alien Hominid HD..

which is awesome. /Raz voice

This is the world that has various locations that you can visit. There is the beehive on the right with the mutated bees and a brainwashed town surrounding it, an observatory, a junkyard, and a dead end. fun times lie ahead.

Horny Witch ftw.

mainlands.jpg.88b737d19ee738411790e1a5ba

thanks for the kind words. the new fashion line by me is on its way out soon ;]

trio.jpg

trio.jpg.6f44c986355c47ab169c5039815eafc

Since I love this place so much, I'll give you a peek at a rough of another piece i'm working on now.

this is the color comp that i chose and refined a little bit. all of the colors, values, overall flow of the image are in place. now, i am designing everything that goes inside of the picture (the beehive, observatory, town of people). for the most part, i'm making a world. but since it's just for me, i can be as personal and full of inside jokes that i can laugh at to myself :o)

jake

i like this pic its pretty sick man keep up the cool art :P

are these like pics of a game youv thought of cuz if not you should think about making these dudes(and girl) in 3d with cell shade and make something of this man cuz tho the art is pretty sweet you could make a sick animation with these.

aaaaaaaaaaaaand, this picture (plus other illustrations that i've done) helped get me a job at an art house in San Francisco :D. happy happy.

honey-wall9.jpg

honey-wall9.jpg.6746109245f4140417222ae4

Awesome Donk! Congrats on your new gig. We all knew you had talent. Hope everyting goes well for you. Keep showing us your stuff!

Sign in to follow this